Official DFI NF4Ultra-D/SLi owners thread.

Associate
Minstadave I can't thank you enough that new bios has allowed me to do my first ever overclock :D

Given its only at 2Ghz at the moment but its stable and thats one step further.

Associate
just tried to clock my ultra-d last night with my 3800+X2 and ballistix ram. i ended up goosing my XP install and had to reghost it.
the CPU not handling that o/c properly wouldnt goose windows in that way would it?
from what i remember - that would be the memory iirc

i plan to use a divider next time to eliminate the ram. think i may follow the dfi-street guide :D

i only went up to 220fsb (or whatever its called now on NF4 boards), thought ballistix could handle higher?

Rab

Rab

Associate
seems this a grt board when working right, ? plz, r they early probs of needing 2 reset cmos, using 1 stick of ram ect ?. GONE?
any i got an idea what bios ships on these boards now from O/C ? latest oldest ect ?

Soldato
Does anyone have a problem where you get a BSOD, and your HD spins down? Its like the HD is being unplugged... 240x10 is okay... 242x10 it does it...

Last time it occur it was the IRC_NOT_LESS_THAN_EQUAL.. which is CPU voltage yea?

This is really annoying me now :(

Concorde

PS: X2 3800+ BTW

Associate
Does anyone know why there is a reason for the floppy power slot on the board, i jsut noticed it today and never had it plugged in, does it affect overcloking in any way as i have seen no change in vols ao far???

Kamz

Caporegime
kamz said:
Does anyone know why there is a reason for the floppy power slot on the board, i jsut noticed it today and never had it plugged in, does it affect overcloking in any way as i have seen no change in vols ao far???

Kamz

Its just over engineering on the part of DFI I think, I've got them all plugged in to ensure stability :) Certainly won't do any harm.

Soldato
Some of you probably wont belive this!

Okay here with my X2, 1Gb G-SKill LE and a DFI SLi-DR.

Settings:
200x10, 2.5-3-3-6-9-12, 1.4V CPU, 2.9V mem = BSOD
200x10, 2.5-3-3-6-9-12, 1.45V CPU, 2.9V mem = BSOD
200x10, 2.5-3-3-6-9-12, 1.5V CPU, 2.9V mem = BSOD
240x10, 2.5-3-3-6-9-12, 1.5V CPU, 2.9V mem = Booted and works fine, in 3/4 day sections then I get a nice BSOD, IRC_NOT.. and my raptor spins down... YAY!

It did that with my 3ghz 3700+ San Diego, I will find out soon if the mobo is ****** again.

Im currently windows memtesting @ 252x9, 2.5-3-3-6-9-12, 2.9V mem.

How the hell does overclocking make somethign stable... if the 3700+ 3ghz SD is infact okay when it gets back from RMA, im SOOO getting a ATi board :mad:

DFI I gave you 1 chance, tou blew it.. I gave you a 2nd chance after turning my mobo box inside out.. and you have possibly blew that too :mad:

Anyone have any objections towards the Sapphire ATi board.. red and white is so dam sexy!

Concorde :mad:

Last edited:
Soldato
Minstadave said:
zalman6bw.jpg

Never goes above 40 load :)

WOW drastic lol

btw is it easy to remove the chipset cooler on the sli-dr boards without removing the motherboard from my case, it would be a less hassle that way lol
do the push pins just pull off ? or will i have to take the board out and use some needle pliers :(

Associate
Help for a newbie

This is the core bits of spec:

580v tagen
x2 4400+ dual core
with 90c thermalite
2x512 corsair 4400 xms
dfi lanparty ultra sli -d
gigagyte 7800gtx

i have an bit of an issue...actually a large issue!!
help would be brilliant guys.

Same as concorde i had a major problem with the BSOD screen after overclocking my memory. I reverted to the overclocking guides on this forum and on dfi street and followed a guide to overclocking the ram and cpu on dfi street. i followed it to the book as i didnt want to make any errors. now my system wont even boot....not even a lanparty splash or anything. it begins to boot and then makes a click and its like the board isnt recognised. sorry if this sounds stupid

can i have a bit of a guide...(or point me in the direction) of where to go from here.

thanks....anybody with a response is a lifesaver.

cheers

Last edited:
Caporegime
ViRuS2k said:
WOW drastic lol

btw is it easy to remove the chipset cooler on the sli-dr boards without removing the motherboard from my case, it would be a less hassle that way lol
do the push pins just pull off ? or will i have to take the board out and use some needle pliers :(

You have to take your mobo out, but its worth it, the zalman works beautifully :)

Associate
clloyd said:
This is the core bits of spec:

580v tagen
x2 4400+ dual core
with 90c thermalite
2x512 corsair 4400 xms
dfi lanparty ultra sli -d
gigagyte 7800gtx

i have an bit of an issue...actually a large issue!!
help would be brilliant guys.

Same as concorde i had a major problem with the BSOD screen after overclocking my memory. I reverted to the overclocking guides on this forum and on dfi street and followed a guide to overclocking the ram and cpu on dfi street. i followed it to the book as i didnt want to make any errors. now my system wont even boot....not even a lanparty splash or anything. it begins to boot and then makes a click and its like the board isnt recognised. sorry if this sounds stupid

can i have a bit of a guide...(or point me in the direction) of where to go from here.

thanks....anybody with a response is a lifesaver.

cheers

Hi there check the PSU as I had a Tagen 580 that dropped the 12v down to 10.8v when full load was applied it took a while to find, the replacement wasn't a great deal better that went down to 11.2v I replaced it with a OCZ 600 and never had a problem again.

Associate
Can anyone help as im having difficulty with an overclock...When I reboot my board sometimes it says "Hard Disk Read Error, press alt+crl+del to restart" Is this an issue with my raid 0 setup, my sata/ide drives, or is it something different? I happens at random but if I get past this its stable in windows.

Soldato
nO}{8 said:
Can anyone help as im having difficulty with an overclock...When I reboot my board sometimes it says "Hard Disk Read Error, press alt+crl+del to restart" Is this an issue with my raid 0 setup, my sata/ide drives, or is it something different? I happens at random but if I get past this its stable in windows.

MAxtor driver ?

Associate
Its_Me said:
MAxtor driver ?

I think Ive fixed it, what I did was:
set my boot devices to hdd only
set my ide channels to off
reboot.
set the boot order to hdd/cdrom/ other
reset the ide channels to on
reboot
and it seemed to work fine after that. Must have been a configuration problem with the auto ide detector.

Back
Top Bottom