Official DFI NF4Ultra-D/SLi owners thread.

Associate
Yep

I have chickend out!! :rolleyes:

CPU 260x9=2.34Ghz
FSB 260x4=1040Mhz
CPU 45c
CPUVid 1.5v
Chipset 1.5v (lowered .1v attempt to keep Chipset & PWMIC cooler!!)
LDT 1.3v
DRAM 2.7v
Chipset 51c (worrying ? but stock was 47c)
PWMIC 53c (Worrying ? but stock was 49c)
Mem Auto 260Mhz, 3-3-3-8
Bench 3dMark2001 26907 started at 13270 stock!

Strange thing is I had to inc Chipset to 1.6 and CPUvid to 1.6 + 10%. Which inc the CPU to 52c, just to get to boot at 2.34Ghz. Ran torture test for an hour, and this has now allowed me to lower them down again. Can anyone explain this??; run in period or something???

I haven't played with the memory setting because I have read all the post and quite frankley I still don't understand!! This is still on Auto apart from inc in the v by .1, but I am sure the ballastix can take it!!? :)

So guys have I chickened out? Pushing too hard? Is this classed as a good O/C?? Is there still more I can do?? or am I in the money?? :D

Going to run the torture test, seal up the box and check in the AM!!

Thoughts and comments appreciated!!

Soldato
pricha3518 said:
I have chickend out!! :rolleyes:

CPU 260x9=2.34Ghz
FSB 260x4=1040Mhz
CPU 45c
CPUVid 1.5v
Chipset 1.5v (lowered .1v attempt to keep Chipset & PWMIC cooler!!)
LDT 1.3v
DRAM 2.7v
Chipset 51c (worrying ? but stock was 47c)
PWMIC 53c (Worrying ? but stock was 49c)
Mem Auto 260Mhz, 3-3-3-8
Bench 3dMark2001 26907 started at 13270 stock!

Strange thing is I had to inc Chipset to 1.6 and CPUvid to 1.6 + 10%. Which inc the CPU to 52c, just to get to boot at 2.34Ghz. Ran torture test for an hour, and this has now allowed me to lower them down again. Can anyone explain this??; run in period or something???

I haven't played with the memory setting because I have read all the post and quite frankley I still don't understand!! This is still on Auto apart from inc in the v by .1, but I am sure the ballastix can take it!!? :)

So guys have I chickened out? Pushing too hard? Is this classed as a good O/C?? Is there still more I can do?? or am I in the money?? :D

Going to run the torture test, seal up the box and check in the AM!!

Thoughts and comments appreciated!!

Same CPU/max clock/voltage as me :) In fact, same RAM as me too !

Have you tried running prime95 at those settings?

Associate
Ol!ver said:
Same CPU/max clock/voltage as me :) In fact, same RAM as me too !

Have you tried running prime95 at those settings?

What you mean the Hardware Failure Detected. Test 1,4000???

Any ideas anyone?? I wa going to bed happy now I am sad :mad:

Associate
Ol!ver said:
I'm running 9/10, so the RAM is running at 235mhz.

Did you get yours recently from OCUK? Must be the current batch that don't seem to clock as well.

Nope not from OC.

That's what I thought tried divider and it worked fine.

However I am going to up the v tonight on the Ram see if can get it stable, from what I have read in the forums in here they are pushing over 3v not that I am going to go that high! :D

What I don't understand is when I was testing the FSB on a 4x it pushed the memory to 333Mhz and this was stable. Thought I had spent 2 days finding my FSB and memory limits only for it to be thown out the window when I increasing the x on the CPU to 9!?

The spec is DDR PC4000 • 3-4-4-8 • Unbuffered • NON-ECC • DDR500 • 2.8V • 128Meg x 64 so should go to 2.8v without any additional cooling!?

Associate
Just about to order some ram for my new build, including DFI Nf4 SLI-Dr and Opteron, Minstadave has recommended these Ballistix PC4000 modules and looks like he is getting good results, would you reccomend something else on the back of these problems ?

Associate
I have some Corsair XMS 3200 C2PT chip revision 1.2 modules in my current system, could these be used as a short term measure till I save the whoping £285 for the 2Gb kit?

Last edited:
Associate
ademcg said:
I have some Corsair XMS 3200 C2PT chip revision 1.2 modules in my current system, could these be used as a short term measure till I save the whoping £285 for the 2Gb kit?

There would be no harm trying, corsair is a bit iffy with the DFI though, but I'm sure if you fiddle about you should be able to make it at least stable.

Associate
IzaLearnin said:
Should be fine. You will just need to use the appropriate divider to keep their speed within limits. What speed are you running them at now?
I am not quite running the new system yet (check sig) :) I was just thinking of saving some cash for a while and making do with what I already have, for the time being.

Associate
Sorry, I was asking what the fastest stable speed your corsair would run at 1.1 with fsb. If you are going for a 144 or 146 Opteron you will need to run a high fsb to achieve a high clock speed (multi locked upwards 9 & 10 respectively). The ballistixs looks like it will run at amazing speeds, certainly faster than the Corsair. Both willl work from what I have read but you will need to use different dividers for each for stability.

Associate
Well after having some trouble with my system suddenly deciding not to post, I can report that my DFI's reputation is still intact.
I thought my Ultra D had gone hatstand but it turned out to be, of all things, my cable modem!! Go figure.

With my cable modem connected via USB my comp wouldn't post and would hang 2 secs after switch on, wouldn't get to the bios, wouldn't do anything.
After swearing loudly, and profusely, I tried all the usual stuff, cmos cleared overnight, mem slots and reseating etc, no joy.

So deciding to at least get on line with another comp I switched the modem over to that one, and then that refused to post as well. Bloody NTL....

So DFI 1 - NTL 0 (well actually NTL minus several million, the gits!)

Any road up, my DFI continues to be the best and most stable mobo I've ever used. :D

Associate
I've got a shiney DFI Ultra D and have had no problems whatsoever so i thought i'd mess it all up with a memory upgrade... Will 4 sticks of identical 512mb dimms work in Dual Channel mode?

Associate
TbirdX said:
Well after having some trouble with my system suddenly deciding not to post, I can report that my DFI's reputation is still intact.
I thought my Ultra D had gone hatstand but it turned out to be, of all things, my cable modem!! Go figure.

With my cable modem connected via USB my comp wouldn't post and would hang 2 secs after switch on, wouldn't get to the bios, wouldn't do anything.
After swearing loudly, and profusely, I tried all the usual stuff, cmos cleared overnight, mem slots and reseating etc, no joy.

So deciding to at least get on line with another comp I switched the modem over to that one, and then that refused to post as well. Bloody NTL....

So DFI 1 - NTL 0 (well actually NTL minus several million, the gits!)

Any road up, my DFI continues to be the best and most stable mobo I've ever used. :D

Well I had the same problem but didn't find it right away bought a new Netgear router before I found out was without broadband for a week whilst waiting for the new one, it's the NT Hell muppet show again!!!!!!

Associate
kimandsally said:
Well I had the same problem but didn't find it right away bought a new Netgear router before I found out was without broadband for a week whilst waiting for the new one, it's the NT Hell muppet show again!!!!!!
Yeah, I am on my second Cable modem, "NT HEll, muppet show" quite nicely put ! :D

Soldato
Anyone get a problem where the PC would lock yet the mouse would move still until it would lock and you would get a continuous beep?

After school im gonna investigate further, see if my LEDs show anything! Absolutly great that DFI give you a mobo that beeps yet no code list.. thanks SO much! :(

Concorde

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom