Official DFI NF4Ultra-D/SLi owners thread.

iBot said:
I'm still running the 310 bios, should I update?
If everything works and is being recognised properly theres no need to be concerned. Later bios' will be needed to recognise later cpu's and have default settings for different ram modules. Read up on DFI Street for more info.

Hey guys. Just got the Ultra D but it takes a minute to load windows. It pauses just after the loading screen comes up. The bar is moving but there is no hard drive activity?

Latest bios and drivers installed.

speeduk said:
Hey guys. Just got the Ultra D but it takes a minute to load windows. It pauses just after the loading screen comes up. The bar is moving but there is no hard drive activity?

Latest bios and drivers installed.

Sure your IDE drives are right? I was having the same problem, making sure I had the jumpers set right on my DVDRW sorted it, or at least whatever did sort it happened at the same time :) Does it do it every time or just once in a few? Was very intermittant for me.

Ol!ver said:
Sure your IDE drives are right? I was having the same problem, making sure I had the jumpers set right on my DVDRW sorted it, or at least whatever did sort it happened at the same time :) Does it do it every time or just once in a few? Was very intermittant for me.

I tried the nvidia ide drivers. On my last 2 motherboards these drivers always messed up my install of windows so I gave them a wide birth but they actually work for this board lol.

Windows loaded up in like 10 seconds. :)

Now to the tweaking and overclocking :eek:

Edit: The spread spectrum settings - should I enable them in bios?

Anything else I need to do before overclocking? Will using clockgen for NF4 be ok?

Cheers.

Last edited:
Just burning everything in for a while with prime and I am getting nice temps for air cooling. 35c idle and 38c load at stock settings. Lots of head room there. :)

Edit: Update. My memory is absolutely loving this new board 2x512mb OCZ 3200 EL 2-3-2-6 seems fine 236HT 1:1 and its still going. :eek:

Last edited:
mysticsniper said:
If you overclocking then its a must, especially with the new memory settings in the BIOS, I'd go for the 6/23 if I was you ;)

Okay fair enough :)

Wich 6/23 though?

6/23-1
6/23-2
6/23-3

IRRC the -x has something to do with what ram im using?

I have 2x512 geil vaule 3200 stuff

Thanks

Also is this a good way to do it as I dont have a floppy drive.
http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22031&page=1&pp=15

Back
Top Bottom