Official DFI NF4Ultra-D/SLi owners thread.

Permabanned
Okay done, I'm now running 6/23-3

:)

Second bios flash on this board, 3 Bios flash i've ever done.

I know how to do it, but I had to mess around telnetting in to a dead router that was incorrectly flashed with the wrong firmware, so im always super cautions when doing things like that.

Anyway I configured my bios the best I could.

Can anyone think of any settings that I should change? Like those spread spectrums? What should they be? And my pci payload etc. Would it help if i took pictures of my bios and linked to them so you could comment/critque them?

Associate
dead BIOS

Guys,
it seems I`v ``killed`` my BIOS on DFI NF4-U-D/SLi somehow during flashing (NF4LD310.BIN BIOS). I`v followed no fdd link http://eu.dfi.com.tw/Support/Download/bios_Winflash_us.htm ,everything went fine, pressed reboot and since that moment nothing. Black screen ... And 4 3 2 led is flashing red ...
If anybody knows what to do to clear BIOS, tried to safe boot from manual, but nothing.
Thanks for help.

Associate
Hello there.

I ordered a DFI UT NF4 Ultra from OCUK along with

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Venice

BFG GeForce 7800 GT

Corsair 1GB DDR Value Select PC3200 CAS2.5

And I already had

Antec SmartPower 2.0 500W 500PGB PSU

Now the problem is that after assembling all the parts, plugged in the power to the psu and two yellow light lit up. One next to the ram the other below pci slots. When I pressed the power button on the mobo, four red light turn on momentarily, the graphic card lit up and within a second, nothing, back to ground zero. Only this time the ram light was off. also the fans turn for a split second.

I changed psus, all four power sources connected. No luck.

Also now, when I press the power button, the four red light flash for a second and nothing, the ram light stays on, the fans dont spin. Dont know whats wrong. Checked my psu on bro's rig, works fine.

Please help

Associate
I connected the parts outside the casing over the plastic that comes with the mobo. I didnt connect any hdds or other drives. Just mobo, processor, graphics card, ram and psu. I dont know what the problem seems to be.
Also this is not the first time I am building a system. I cant post in the DFI forums because my registration is not complete.
If the problem is with the mobo, what should I do?? Should I RMA is to DFI or return to ocuk as i just got it today?

Any help would be highly appreciated...

Associate
kaiserftw said:
Hello there.

I ordered a DFI UT NF4 Ultra from OCUK along with

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Venice

BFG GeForce 7800 GT

Corsair 1GB DDR Value Select PC3200 CAS2.5

And I already had

Antec SmartPower 2.0 500W 500PGB PSU

Now the problem is that after assembling all the parts, plugged in the power to the psu and two yellow light lit up. One next to the ram the other below pci slots. When I pressed the power button on the mobo, four red light turn on momentarily, the graphic card lit up and within a second, nothing, back to ground zero. Only this time the ram light was off. also the fans turn for a split second.

I changed psus, all four power sources connected. No luck.

Also now, when I press the power button, the four red light flash for a second and nothing, the ram light stays on, the fans dont spin. Dont know whats wrong. Checked my psu on bro's rig, works fine.

Please help
I had same when I first built mine, I cleared the cmoss removed battery, and used the fail safe jumper to start, then i loaded the optimised default bios abd all was okay

Associate
kaiserftw said:
hello Paul...
I have already done that (from DFIforums) but to not avail... The motherboard just wont power up... Dont know what else to do...
Have you tried the single stick of ram thing, idid'nt have to go that far though,
1 thing I did find important was when clearing the cmoss after removing the Power from the psu was to press the power button a few times, before clearing cmoss.
It was all back in april and I was convinced the board was dead, But it just took a little patience and a bit of time away from it, before I eventually got it going

Last edited:
Soldato
Try this, sorted me out.

Remove power cord from PSU, then remove CMOS battery, wait 1 minute, replace the CMOS battery.

Make sure you only have one stick of RAM in the orange slot furthest away from the CPU.

Replace the PSU power cord, hold the INSERT key on your keyboard, and then power up. You may need to do the INSERT and power thing twice.

Worth a shot, otherwise I'd try some different RAM and possibly another CPU. But hopefully the above will sort you out.

Associate
Thanks Paul, I just tried clearing the cmos again and pressing the power button before doing that. I have checked all the slots with a single stick of ram and doing all this from this morning till midnight is giving a backache and testing my patience. Have run outta ideas.

Associate
thanks matt for the tip and encouraging words... should I just do the holding insert and power on twice or the whole procedure??

Cant boot into bios because the mainboard wont power up...

Associate
same problem with bios

Hm still same problem :confused: . Tried many times to clear BIOS, removed battery for few minutes. When it rebooted it said something funny about memory WARNING Please install one RAM module in DIMM 2 for single cjanel operation and 2 Modules in DIMM 2&4 for dual channel operation.
Bios stopes in the beginning and : press F1 continue or DEL to enter setup.
I am able to get into the windows but allways after restart I have to clear BIOS, remove battery.
Just dont understand why this mess :mad: , because flashing was done in accordance of DFI guide, with their enclosed file. Would it help if I reinstaled chipset again? Would it have any effect on BIOS? Is there a way back to the factory BIOS?
Just dont know what else to do ...
Thanks

Last edited:
Permabanned
My Bios settings, Anything I should change/optimize?

Spec is

DFI Lanparty UT NF4 Ultra-D (623-3 Bios)
AMD Winchester 3200+
Geil 3200 2.5 2×512
Enermax 485w Noisetaker
Connect3d Radeon X800XL
Seagate Barracuda 160GB Sata

0258.JPG

0259.JPG

0260.JPG

0261.JPG

0262.JPG

Back
Top Bottom