Official DFI NF4Ultra-D/SLi owners thread.

i had similar problem when i first got board ,then flashed to 3.10 bios with me 3500 winnie and was able to overclock . same again using 623.3 now with 146 opteron can only go to 2.2ghz ram is on a divider htt down to 4 cpu multi from auto to ten yet will not go above 2.2 what do you think is it the bios or am i missing something ?

slap ed said:
i had similar problem when i first got board ,then flashed to 3.10 bios with me 3500 winnie and was able to overclock . same again using 623.3 now with 146 opteron can only go to 2.2ghz ram is on a divider htt down to 4 cpu multi from auto to ten yet will not go above 2.2 what do you think is it the bios or am i missing something ?

What type of memory chips do you have and are you setting the ram timings manually or leaving on auto?

-1 bios, auto settings optimised for tccd
-2 bios, auto " " " bh5/ch5 etc
-3 bios, auto " " " both types?

IzaLearnin said:
What type of memory chips do you have and are you setting the ram timings manually or leaving on auto?

-1 bios, auto settings optimised for tccd
-2 bios, auto " " " bh5/ch5 etc
-3 bios, auto " " " both types?
i have 2x 512 mb geil value sticks
and there left on auto settings on a 160 divider ,is that where i am going wrong should timeings be on manual if so what settings do you suggest ? :o

Is your memory voltage set to default? Iirc the bios sets 2.6v you will probably need to set 2.8v to be stable. My Corsair needs 2.9v on this board to work at DDR500 which is about it's limit. Your sticks should work at similar speeds.

Ater a fresh install of windows I have one exclamation mark i.e ethernet controller.
I have the DFI Lan party Ultra D Nf4 board and I have installed the Nvidia drivers 6.53 and the graphics card drivers too. I am sure the driver I need is on Here but which one?

All good now :D

Last edited:
IzaLearnin said:
Is your memory voltage set to default? Iirc the bios sets 2.6v you will probably need to set 2.8v to be stable. My Corsair needs 2.9v on this board to work at DDR500 which is about it's limit. Your sticks should work at similar speeds.
now i'm getting somewhere thanks a lot izalearnin :)

opteron overclcock

Just got hold of an opteron 144 chip and am trying to overclock it as ive heard i could get 2.5 on stock cooler which is what id like to get if possible.

The problem is that ive never done any overclocking at all and am completely lost in where to start / change in the dfi bios....does anyone have any quick settings to put in to start overclocking.

opteron 144 CABNE 0540

Im using a DFI lanparty uktra d

OcUK Value 512MB PC3200 184pin DDR Memory (MY-002-OK)
OcUK Value series PC3200 DDR400 are base on industry standard with exceptional build quality for OEM and system upgrade market in mind.
- Based on High Performance Nanya Memory Chips
- 184pin, Non-ECC, Un-buffered, Industry Standard DDR memory modules
- 6 Layers Low Noises Shielded PCB
- 2.55v-2.85V

^^^^^1gb

Any info would be great,cheers

J273 said:
Just got hold of an opteron 144 chip and am trying to overclock it as ive heard i could get 2.5 on stock cooler which is what id like to get if possible.

The problem is that ive never done any overclocking at all and am completely lost in where to start / change in the dfi bios....does anyone have any quick settings to put in to start overclocking.

opteron 144 CABNE 0540

Im using a DFI lanparty uktra d

OcUK Value 512MB PC3200 184pin DDR Memory (MY-002-OK)
OcUK Value series PC3200 DDR400 are base on industry standard with exceptional build quality for OEM and system upgrade market in mind.
- Based on High Performance Nanya Memory Chips
- 184pin, Non-ECC, Un-buffered, Industry Standard DDR memory modules
- 6 Layers Low Noises Shielded PCB
- 2.55v-2.85V

^^^^^1gb

Any info would be great,cheers

Anyone :D

I have a problem with the temps im getting from Smart guardian- it says that my PWM IC temps are 69c !!! that seems very high, what is the PWM IC and how do I lower the temps?

Iirc they are the power items on the m/board with all the silver heatsinks on them. I have a 12cm fan directed down over them and my ram connected to the pwm ic fan header so speed increases with temperature. Idle 33c, load 45c. When running 300 x 10 @ 1.612v this temp would be at 46c under load.

Last edited:
Hi guys, I seem to have a problem with my new PC setup, my system is as follows....

Lanparty Ultra-D R.AB0 (new)
Opteron 146 CABYE (new)
OCZ EL Rev2 TCCD (pulled from old working system)
850XTPE (new)
Antec 500W PSU (new but tested)

Basically my system will not boot at all, I switched it on and the board gets stuck on 3 red diagnostic leds, quick check tells me to suspect the ram. both ram sticks were placed in the orange slots, took one stick out, tried again nothin. tried every slot and both sticks and then did the same with some cheap kingston 256mb pc3200, still nothin, then panic set in!
b4 all this I removed the bios battery and left it for a good 5 mins to clear the cmos after reading this thread, of course that didnt work.
I've noticed a few people with similar issues, if not identical but there problem seems to go quiet with no solution posted.
I hope some1 may be able to help me out with this one!

:) Merry Christmas all :)

HI, for a split second all 4 diagnostic leds come on, then one goes out leaving the system stuck at 3 diagnostic leds, 1 yellow dram power led on, no video output and all fans going flat out, cpu fan etc....

Here is the way to read the Diagnostic LEDs.

4 LEDs on = Power applied
3 LEDs on = CPU has been detected OK
2 LEDs on = RAM has been detected OK
1 LED on = VGA has been detected OK
0 LEDs on = System has booted to the Operating System.

that is what I was referring to

if by minimum you mean cpu, ram, vga card then yes, unfortunately no luck.

Thanks for your help m8 :)

edit: just to note all 4 power connections are pluged in(extra fdd/hdd power), not that I know if this is completely necessary with a non sli setup.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom