**** Official Fallout 4 Thread ****

Yo guys I'm playing it now and I need your help. I'm looking for cheat or something to give me unlimited carry capacity. In last 5h of gaming I spend 3h going back to drop staff off and is a big time west when you just want to enjoy this game. I will still collect all that I can as it is my nature:D

Yo guys I'm playing it now and I need your help. I'm looking for cheat or something to give me unlimited carry capacity. In last 5h of gaming I spend 3h going back to drop staff off and is a big time west when you just want to enjoy this game. I will still collect all that I can as it is my nature:D

Open the console, enter

Code:
player.setav carryweight [insert number]

Done.

Before "cheating" consider putting points into Strength and get the Strong Back perk. Don't forget you can give your companion stuff to carry and share the load, or if travelling sans companion get the Lone Wanderer perk.

Anybody planning on restarting a new character for the dlc coming or are you planning on going in with your uber character?

Also, what difficulty is the norm? (as I play on hard)

ty

I played a good few hours and eventually got fed up of the looting, and I have a good level of strength.

I ended up just using a console command to spawn a ton of adhesive etc for settlements. yes, its technically cheating but wandering around looking for glue isn't exactly fun. If you dont use the settlements much you don't get (much) exp gain or any other benefit from it so it keeps the game pretty neutral.

Before "cheating" consider putting points into Strength and get the Strong Back perk. Don't forget you can give your companion stuff to carry and share the load, or if travelling sans companion get the Lone Wanderer perk.

My build have 1 Strength and I travel without companion(they are really broken). I dont think its game breaking if I add more carry weight to my character is the same as buying inventory slots in MMO. Now I can play the game and not going back every 5 min to drop loot off coz I need 100000 **** ceramic cups to build one item. Nothing changes game is not easy because of that only thing I gain is peace of mind.

My build have 1 Strength and I travel without companion(they are really broken).

Each to their own obviously, but I've always found with any game once I start keying in stuff to get round gameplay limits I kind of lose interest. The only time I "cheat" is if it's to get round a bug or similar, e.g. slightly changing the flight dynamics of the Dodo in GTA SA so it could actually catch the Learjet, or most recently X-Rebirth where you couldn't build the campaign factories without editing the save file to add the required resources.

Strength 1 is pretty low - my current run is mainly melee so I started at 9 which pretty much makes me a packhorse. For glue, you can plant corn, tato's and mutfruit which can be cooked at a campfire then scrapped in the settlement (v) interface to create glue.

Part of the fun in FO4 (for me anyway) is that it's not a 5 minute shoot-em-up and I spent at least one hour long session just building up walls and defences at a settlement, fast travelling back to Sanctuary as necessary to get stuff from my central store. And don't forget, later on if you take the Local Leader perk to Level 2, you can allocate settlers to link your different workshops which avoids much of the personal packhorse element.

Each to their own obviously, but I've always found with any game once I start keying in stuff to get round gameplay limits I kind of lose interest. The only time I "cheat" is if it's to get round a bug or similar, e.g. slightly changing the flight dynamics of the Dodo in GTA SA so it could actually catch the Learjet, or most recently X-Rebirth where you couldn't build the campaign factories without editing the save file to add the required resources.

Adding carry capacity is not game breaking as I will not be stronger or enemy will not be weaker because of that. What I'm doing is saving time so I dont have to go back to my home every couple of minutes to drop staff or after clearing a place making multiple trips coz I cant take it in one go.

Strength 1 is pretty low - my current run is mainly melee so I started at 9 which pretty much makes me a packhorse. For glue, you can plant corn, tato's and mutfruit which can be cooked at a campfire then scrapped in the settlement (v) interface to create glue.

My guy is scientist/ninja no need to have any strength as I will not be using any sword or knifes.

Part of the fun in FO4 (for me anyway) is that it's not a 5 minute shoot-em-up and I spent at least one hour long session just building up walls and defences at a settlement, fast travelling back to Sanctuary as necessary to get stuff from my central store. And don't forget, later on if you take the Local Leader perk to Level 2, you can allocate settlers to link your different workshops which avoids much of the personal packhorse element.

This is a game not a movies there is more than one way to play it. I dont want to wast my time on something that was put in a game just to make it longer it brings nothing to gameplay or story. I have not done any quest to get my settlement as I dont care about them I'm here to find my missing son and kill/cheat/rob every bad man in my way to get revenge for what they did to my wife not to build villages and play house.

Fair comments, enjoy it as you wish. More pointing out for anyone else reading that there are options to improve your carrying capacity if so desired. And I do agree a lot of the game kind of forgets you're actually a man/woman out of time. From your POV literally a day ago you were fleeing from nuclear Armageddon with a brief interlude where your spouse was murdered and child snatched.

Anyhow, moving on... With regard to melee build it does have a few limitations. Now on Level 15 so decided to head down to Spectacle Island to get
one of the bobbleheads

Got completely pwned by a group of mirelurks consisting of a King, a Hunter, Legendary Glowing and a Razorclaw. "Swing away" doesn't cut it and Blitz is all well and good but it drops you in the middle of a group of hostile creatures whacking you, death pretty much guaranteed. Managed to run away screaming like a girl and will now visit Vault 81 to pick up Overseer's Guardian, then off to Salem to get Reba 2. Still intend to concentrate on melee but it's more effective against one or two opponents than a group. It doesn't work well against SM Suiciders either as they just detonate after you get the first whack in.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom