**** Official Fallout 4 Thread ****

Soldato
Institute I hated because it hurt my PC. Don't know why, everywhere else was smooth, but in there it was awful.
So for that, they deserved to be blown up lol

Soldato
I have yet to complete it as I got bored of the main story. Is there a way to complete it without blowing up the institute, but without siding with them either? I really don't like them, but there are kids in their base which i'd feel bad about killing lol.

BOS would be the last of them i'd choose to side with. They are trying to take over and control everything and kill anything that isn't human. Plus I have Curie as a follower and she wouldnt be very happy about it either.

Soldato
I have yet to complete it as I got bored of the main story. Is there a way to complete it without blowing up the institute, but without siding with them either? I really don't like them, but there are kids in their base which i'd feel bad about killing lol.

Well no not really, the game is entirely about siding with factions and using them as a means to your end to achieve your goals. With the Railroad, BOS or Minutemen you aint even getting into The Institute in the first place. Just side with The Institute if you don't want to blow it up, you bring down the BOS and the Railroad by doing so anyway.

Soldato
Hrm, so seeing as I played this to death, Nuka World is worth a punt then? I loved Far Harbour and thought it was actually better than the main story.

Soldato
Restarted as a new character who I am basing on being a synth. She doesn't know she's a synth but should carry all characteristics of logic before emotion. Will go down the route of Institute later on, looking forward to seeing what will happen.

Soldato
Restarted as a new character who I am basing on being a synth. She doesn't know she's a synth but should carry all characteristics of logic before emotion. Will go down the route of Institute later on, looking forward to seeing what will happen.

Ah yes, well obviously that will be interesting...

Assuming you've completed the main story already and know about the institute. If not, do not open spoiler below.

Surely the Institute would want to enslave you seeing as you shouldn't be out there, wandering the wasteland doing whatever you want... You should be serving Humanity! ;)

Soldato
Ah yes, well obviously that will be interesting...

Assuming you've completed the main story already and know about the institute. If not, do not open spoiler below.

Surely the Institute would want to enslave you seeing as you shouldn't be out there, wandering the wasteland doing whatever you want... You should be serving Humanity! ;)

Yes I have :D

I haven't finished the main story on the side of The Institute before but wasn't it hinted that you'd become a vessel for their bidding anyway? I mean, doing someones dirty work is still technically being enslaved whether it's labelled as that or not...

Soldato
Hrm, so seeing as I played this to death, Nuka World is worth a punt then? I loved Far Harbour and thought it was actually better than the main story.

Yes definitely, its just more of the same in a new location which is absolutely fine by me.
I actually preferred Nuka to Far Harbour, there are a couple of 'find' challenges that unlock a couple of cool things which I enjoyed a lot and the map is far more interesting to me than FH was with a lot more people interaction.

If you play on Hard or above its bloody hard too!

Soldato
Re above I don't think I enjoyed Nuka World as much as Far Harbor. The whole concept seemed alien to what you had been trying to achieve in the game up to that point. The Raiders universally hated by all the regular factions and while I went along with the third act of taking over settlements that was more to see how the story played out. My gut is that Nuka World is really meant to be played post main plot as none of the existing characters or scripted events had new dialogue taking Gage as a companion (and his interaction with the pre "Nuclear Option" world was pretty much generic.

As it happens I've started yet another play through due to the lack of any other current games that engage me. This time I shall take Preston Garvey to Nuka World and go postal on them.

Will go down the route of Institute later on, looking forward to seeing what will happen.

The Institute path is actually pretty good and I'm taking (eventually) in my new play through.

The battle with the BOS is one of the best of the endings, you have to work hard even on medium difficulty level.

Soldato
I'm just amazed you didn't take him the first time. The expansion was clearly designed with him in mind.

I did my first run solo, (Lone Wanderer perk) so I didn't take anyone so I'd not actually taken anyone with me anywhere.
I've since maxed out Piper, Cait and Nick Valentine on subsequent runs, just didnt think it would be so different in FH with Nick.

Soldato
I get the impression Far Harbor was pretty much written with NV in mind as a companion. On my second play-through I took Cait and there was no unique dialogue at all, suspect that is the case with all the other companions too. Not sure about the guy who you encounter on the island who can become a companion. The only drawback is that, of course, to get NV as a companion you have to push through to the end of Act 1 and deal with Kellogg whereas it would be useful (in terms of weapons and XP) to do it earlier. Guess that's the drawback of splicing DLC into the main story.

Of course you can travel to FH as soon as you discover the Kasumi house and investigate the mystery. In fact some of the BoS radiant missions spawn over there which is how I ended up doing it far earlier than I should have done. There should have been an inhibit check which prevented radiants generating over there at least until you started the DLC proper.

Soldato
need help

I was playing fallout shelter got bsod then lost my vault

i think it said "memory management" when it flashed

on Windows 10, I tried the "verifiy intergrity of game files" option says everything is ok but when you launch the game no vault found

Think you're in the wrong thread, friend. Isn't Fallout Shelter the 2D tablet game, ported to the PC? This thread is for discussion of the main Fallout 4 FPS/RPG game.

Soldato
Okie dokie. Hopefully someone might be able to post a solution, the problem being no one specifically playing Shelter may be looking at this mega-thread where as it is topics sometimes get lost in subsequent noise from a previous posting.

Back
Top Bottom