**** Official Fallout 4 Thread ****

You don’t download it to steam as such.
Just download the program from GOG, enter your Steam login and it’ll downgrade steam FO4 for you, then DL Folon from GOG and you’re ready to go.
I would recommend using the mods that the devs advise, especially Buffout.
It really is very well worth the effort.
Fast travel is still a bit slow though.
I’m about 12 hours in, and it’s brilliant and funny.
Ohhh I got that far, but I didn't want to put my steam account details unto the program as it seemed dogey.

It’s fine, there’s been no reports of anything dodgy.
You can do it manually but it looks a pita, whereas the FOLON downgrader is a one button solution.

It’s fine, there’s been no reports of anything dodgy.
You can do it manually but it looks a pita, whereas the FOLON downgrader is a one button solution.
It just seemed such an oldschool .exe looking malware screen I got scared ha! Maybe I’ll give it another go.

It'll be worth it (some pics I posted in the screenshot thread)..

KHrlohO.png

gASdIdh.png

oT0b3MT.png

I really want to play and enjoy this game but the loading times are ruining it for me, at the begining i was dealing with a few crashes, but downloading the Buffout 4 mod seems to have solved that issue, but dealing with minute loading times is ruining this for me. Think i am going to walk away from this for a while.

I don't know if it's exclusively an issue with FO:London, but I remember having the same issue with Vanilla FO4, and turns out the loading is weirdly linked with vsync or something.

I'm not at home so I can't check which mod I had installed, but this one seems like it might be it, which basically unlocks vsync specifically on the loading screens. I remember going from several-minute loading times to just a few seconds everywhere.

Load Accelerator

I got it installed :D

edit: Made it all the way to where you get on the train, and it loads the 'Fallout London' splash screen - then crash to desktop. Can't get any further.

edit2: So I managed to get through it without crashing - I crouched and stared at the train floor for the whole scene. I saw this tip on reddit. Weird.

edit3: nevermind, crashes on every single save load

edit4: reverted to old save, working again

edit5: nah it's unplayable, constant CTD

edit6: Seem to have found a fix for the crashes, from reddit:

The fix : install Buffout 4 to the fallout 4 folder as per the instructions on the buffout 4 nexus page. You don’t need any of the dependencies, they are already installed by the game. I can’t be clear enough about this, lots of people are downloading script extender again and if you do, you’ll overwrite the existing one with the wrong version and get errors.

Edit: inside the buffout 4 zip is a folder called F4SE. If you go into your fallout 4 install folder (NOT fallout London install folder) -> data folder, you’ll see another folder called F4SE. Overwrite that with the one you just downloaded. It will insert the files you downloaded to the fallout folder without deleting existing ones.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/47359

Last edited:
Great news, how are you finding it?

It took me a little while (mainly because I had 100+ mods open in Vortex) to get it running right, but now it is, it's awesome, and even better it's free.
The only mission I had problems with (so far) was Charybdis and had to use console commands to get through it (it seems I'm not alone), but after that it's all good.

Great news, how are you finding it?

It took me a little while (mainly because I had 100+ mods open in Vortex) to get it running right, but now it is, it's awesome, and even better it's free.
The only mission I had problems with (so far) was Charybdis and had to use console commands to get through it (it seems I'm not alone), but after that it's all good.
It’s surprisingly good. I’m not that far in, I’ve just done the mission for the Thames people so only about an hour in.

I don't know if it's exclusively an issue with FO:London, but I remember having the same issue with Vanilla FO4, and turns out the loading is weirdly linked with vsync or something.

I'm not at home so I can't check which mod I had installed, but this one seems like it might be it, which basically unlocks vsync specifically on the loading screens. I remember going from several-minute loading times to just a few seconds everywhere.

Load Accelerator

I tried to give this mod a go before work this morning and now the game wont even launch, pretty sure i followed the install instructions correctly but will give it a proper look tonight (if i can be bothered in this heat)

I tried to give this mod a go before work this morning and now the game wont even launch, pretty sure i followed the install instructions correctly but will give it a proper look tonight (if i can be bothered in this heat)

Download FO4 on steam
Download the downgrader from FOLON website, run downgrader
Download FOLON from GOG. Within the GOG install folder is the .exe to run, to install it. Install it to Steam FO4 library location (common/steamapps/Fallout etc)
Download and install the Buffout 4 mod (follow my instructions above) ^^
Play game via GOG Galaxy

Last edited:
I'm seriously struggling with the Ferrymans voice. The constant throat clearing/hocking up phlegm noise is making me want to alt F4 lol

I've given up for now, cleared fo4 from my steamdeck and removed the folon installer etc as combined they were taking up a huge amount of space for a game I couldn't play. Will wait for a bit to see if problems get ironed out

Finished it today in just under 30 hours, and it's an easy 9/10.
That said I'd recommend using console commands to double your jump height and also to change the time of day (there's a bit of searching for stuff which is almost impossible in the dark).
The last few missions are superb, brutal, but superb.
I look forward to another play through with a different direction.

Back
Top Bottom