**** Official Fallout 4 Thread ****

Associate
Has anyone found a way to aim toggle? I can't find an AHK script. It's really pretty poor of Bethesda not to include the option, makes the game infinitely more difficult for me and I'm sure plenty of others.

Also, what's the point in VATS? I had Fallout 3 and had the same question then but never asked! I'm a much better aim myself!

Soldato
Has anyone found a way to aim toggle? I can't find an AHK script. It's really pretty poor of Bethesda not to include the option, makes the game infinitely more difficult for me and I'm sure plenty of others.

Also, what's the point in VATS? I had Fallout 3 and had the same question then but never asked! I'm a much better aim myself!

If you do the crit / luck build with vats you'll get 1 shot insta kill headshots.

Associate
Nope I thought that, you need to drop it on the ground from your pipboy then go into workshop mode and scrap the pile you've just dropped for parts.

Stupid way of having to do it, why it can't auto salvage I do not know.

Hold on, it does auto salvage junk if you drop it in the work bench. (Only when you need it though, it will still list it as what it is in the inventory but if you need a component when crafting it will automatically break it down at that point)

Soldato
Hold on, it does auto salvage junk if you drop it in the work bench. (Only when you need it though, it will still list it as what it is in the inventory but if you need a component when crafting it will automatically break it down at that point)

This I did not know, will save time instead of having to chase items around the floor to scrap.

Soldato
One tip I would give people about VATS that is easy to forget is that you can basically use it as a kind of scouting mode. Tap VATS and if there is an enemy anywhere near you, it will show them.

Handy for when you are in the town area and you can't spot enemies in hiding.

Also, it is a good way of telling if someone is friendly or not before approaching them.

Associate
Just tried to download that tool from home and work and get the same message saying its been loaded 50 times from the IP address.... weird cause I haven't downloaded at home once.... anyone know of anywhere else its being hosted?

Soldato
Thanks but no it was a different quest. Turns out it just sent me to the nearest entrance to the building even though you couldn't actually get to the area the objective was through that entrance!

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
As much as I enjoyed Witcher 3, this is on another level for me. There is no way the W3 is better than this in my books.

On level 21 now. Not even attempted the first main quest as I want to savour this game.

Recently killed the Mirelurk Queen. What a tough *****! I think I am near the end of the minutemen quests at this point. But can't be sure. Probably will just get random calls for help from now on.

Been making the brotherhood wait for my decision to join them. Did not want to do both minutemen and brotherhood at the same time. Don't like having too many active quests at once.

Soldato
One tip I would give people about VATS that is easy to forget is that you can basically use it as a kind of scouting mode. Tap VATS and if there is an enemy anywhere near you, it will show them.

Handy for when you are in the town area and you can't spot enemies in hiding.

Also, it is a good way of telling if someone is friendly or not before approaching them.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, this is SO annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've done it multiple times, creep up on someone, listen to their dialogue and think "huh, well they might just be guards"... POW, right in the kisser, I go down like a sack of potatoes.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, this is SO annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've done it multiple times, creep up on someone, listen to their dialogue and think "huh, well they might just be guards"... POW, right in the kisser, I go down like a sack of potatoes.

I just assumed it was a perk later down the line that allowed you to see people on the radar and if or not they were foe. If not, roll on the mods. :)

Associate
I'm getting a solid 60fps @ 4k but I've got a stutter / judder, particularly in indoor areas. Done some fishing, removed the frame cap, disabled mouse acceleration but the only thing that seems to get rid of it is using borderless windowed mode. Problem is, maximum res is 1440p for borderless. Anyone know of a way round this?

Made some progress with this in case anybody is having the same issue.

Removed the frame cap
Disabled mouse acceleration
Enabled vsync in Nvidia Control Panel

But this was what eventually cured it...

Set frame cap with RivaTuner to 60 (In addition to vsnyc)

Without that last step games stutters pretty bad when strafing and moving the mouse, any other settings just produced tearing.

Soldato
Just tried to download that tool from home and work and get the same message saying its been loaded 50 times from the IP address.... weird cause I haven't downloaded at home once.... anyone know of anywhere else its being hosted?

You may need an account on the website and be logged in. It locks out unregistered users from downloading a file more than 50 times in 3 hours or something.

Back
Top Bottom