**** Official Fallout 76 Thread ****

Soldato
Fallout fans are just fantastic :D despite the way Bethesda treat us a lot of the time! Thanks to a determined datamining effort someone has already managed to solve the mystery of how to get the TNT Dome 7 key :D This Dome contains a sweet looking X01 ONLY Power Armour Paintjob. Quantum Nuka Cola ;) As always with 76 its 1 Plan per server so after you get the key you will need to server hop until you find a server someone has not yet taken it from :eek: that took me ages but I have this sweet looking baby now :D

14bhjb5.jpg

ouqm1s.jpg

24kz8gp.jpg

2n1dwme.jpg

29c2jp2.jpg

2e3dc1t.jpg

ifbfb9.jpg

2iuq2vc.jpg

This is the guide someone made that I used to complete this epic quest! Good luck everyone trying to get the plans :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGVBzoS_Q1U

Man of Honour
Nice find if you can use him! Still not found the new Lemonade Vendor Bot as its a random spawn could be anywhere you have to wander around until you find him. Turn any BOS Technical Documents (1 at a time only otherwise you lose the extra Docs with no reward) in they have added 2 new BOS Knight Paint Jobs as well as a few more decent Weapon Plans. I have none to turn in & cannot find any Docs since Patch7 :(

I have about 50 technical documents now. I don't know if I've found any since patch 7. I can't use them, so I just pick them up out of habit. I don't care much about paint jobs and not at all about outfits that can't be worn with power armour. Weapon plans might be of some use, but oh well.

Someone also found a new Vault door placeholder! There is so much stuff added in Patch 7 which Bethesda have not even mentioned :rolleyes:

I thought there must be - 13GB is a hell of a lot for the trivial things they mentioned in the patch notes. My guess is that they used patch 7 to add stuff they will unlock later.

Even though I really liked this game I find myself playing less & less after Patch 7 its really the wrong direction all these Daily drinking based Challenges are so tedious & juvenile & the ingredients spoil unless you do it real fast I just cannot find the enthusiasm to do that anymore. So much ingame is still broken or just neglected like no way to rename Power Armour.

My guess is that the challenges will revert to something less alcohol-related soon. Since making alcohol is the only thing added in this patch, it makes sense that they would focus on it this week.

Bethesda are clearly moving ahead with a tiny resource working on this game mainly on Atomic Shop cosmetic sellable items instead of fixing the big outstanding issues. I just cannot see much ever changing. It will trickle along as it is for the rest of this year most likely then either get retired as a legacy product or converted to Solo offline if Bethesda think they can monetize that in any way via Steam :rolleyes:

I think it's too late for that unless modders rescue it. A moddable offline version of FO76 might sell to some extent, maybe even at as much as £20 a time, if modders do as much with it as they did with previous Fallout games. But I doubt if Bethesda would do that because it's controlled by people who are obsessed with getting all the money and can't understand why it isn't working and can't understand anything other than cutting costs. The usual big business.

Soldato
Has there been a performance boost for anyone else? Seem to have another 5ish fps at the moment.

Always nice.
Usually server maintenance does that smooths the gameplay out again. The game was also laggy after Patch 7 something else was broken which is why the hotfix yesterday.

Soldato
I have about 50 technical documents now. I don't know if I've found any since patch 7. I can't use them, so I just pick them up out of habit. I don't care much about paint jobs and not at all about outfits that can't be worn with power armour. Weapon plans might be of some use, but oh well.
I only care about this stuff as I have the Fallout fanboy mentality must unlock everything mindset! ;)

I thought there must be - 13GB is a hell of a lot for the trivial things they mentioned in the patch notes. My guess is that they used patch 7 to add stuff they will unlock later.
Yeah there are other unmarked locations as well. But no notes your left to find it all yourself as usual.

My guess is that the challenges will revert to something less alcohol-related soon. Since making alcohol is the only thing added in this patch, it makes sense that they would focus on it this week.
Hope so they are so tedious & time consuming. Some are glitched as well they cannot even launch their own DLC without creating further issues! :rolleyes:

I think it's too late for that unless modders rescue it. A moddable offline version of FO76 might sell to some extent, maybe even at as much as £20 a time, if modders do as much with it as they did with previous Fallout games. But I doubt if Bethesda would do that because it's controlled by people who are obsessed with getting all the money and can't understand why it isn't working and can't understand anything other than cutting costs. The usual big business.
Your not wrong about who controls Bethesda :eek: Why on earth do they insist on server hopping & the endless grind just for a few cosmetic items you can get for free ingame when you earn enough Atoms (I earned well over 15000 of those now for free & spent the lot before they change their mind on how generous they are!).

Just throw all the cosmetic items onto the Atomic Store let players decide if they want to grind for free Atoms to buy or spend real money! Many players would buy for real money instead of grinding if they really want the cool looking items!

Until patch 7 I was ready to spend real money for the first time on Atoms...after Patch 7 I decided I will never ever spend real money on Atoms :( I have well over 20K Caps now but no missing weapon & armour plans to buy with :( I have to buy soon as its capped @ 25K Caps!

Soldato
Does anyone have an Assault Rifle Plan they want to trade for another Plan they do not have. I cannot get this plan for some reason & need it so if you have one & want to trade for another Plan (I have lots of Plans) then we can meet up ingame & do this.

Thanks

Soldato
Fallout fans are just fantastic :D despite the way Bethesda treat us a lot of the time! Thanks to a determined datamining effort someone has already managed to solve the mystery of how to get the TNT Dome 7 key :D This Dome contains a sweet looking X01 ONLY Power Armour Paintjob. Quantum Nuka Cola ;) As always with 76 its 1 Plan per server so after you get the key you will need to server hop until you find a server someone has not yet taken it from :eek: that took me ages but I have this sweet looking baby now :D

14bhjb5.jpg

ouqm1s.jpg

24kz8gp.jpg

2n1dwme.jpg

29c2jp2.jpg

2e3dc1t.jpg

ifbfb9.jpg

2iuq2vc.jpg

This is the guide someone made that I used to complete this epic quest! Good luck everyone trying to get the plans :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGVBzoS_Q1U

Thanks for this! Just got mine too!

Soldato
wow if someone took the key already you have to start again from scratch on a new server.
That is why this is such a poor decision to limit the spawns :( I tried about 30 times to grab another Plan after getting mine a few minutes after this was revealed to give away to someone on here. Could not get a sniff & also found the other 2 TNT Domes I have keys for are empty along with many other spawn points I know of where high value rare drops appear. Players who are not really Fallout fans at all are constantly scavving the world for high value low spawn rate items to sell on reddit for real cash or ingame Caps :( using mule accounts to shift items between characters to then sell on without any risk of a ban as Bethesda cannot detect if a single item moves between accounts. They can only currently detect if a high number of items are being moved around.

Bethesda could make this all go away by making every item spawn rate constant so you eventually get whatever you want. This would be far better than forcing players to do a ridiculous amount of repetitive challenges & quests for a 1 in 500 chance of getting a rare item :eek:

Far more players would be playing 76 a lot longer if the spawns were not so pathetic & the nerfs not so extreme. This would also generate way more money from the game as they would sell more Cosmetic Items from goodwill alone! Nothing much will change as whoever is running Bethesda is only concerned with monetizing as much as possible using the same old tired playback model of trickling out a little bit of content at a time with minimum effort put into any of it. They even took away the easy Challenges (which were there since launch over 5 months ago :rolleyes:) now so you must use real money to buy Atoms if you want any cosmetic items from the Atomic Store you do not have enough to already buy ingame :(

Soldato
Man of Honour
I think it's possible that Bethesda might have finally fixed the miscellaneous "kill unruly golfer feral ghouls" quest that's been broken since launch. I have now killed 5. It was 0 before patch 7 despite me having killed hundreds, probably over 1000, feral ghouls at Whitesprings.

But the "Forbidden Knowledge" quest is still broken for me. It just doesn't spawn. And I just sold my Blade of Bastet by mistake. Bit of a bummer as I think there's no way to get another.

On the plus side, I now have a lot of free building budget due to the massive decrease in the budget cost of turrets and lights. I'm thinking about completely rebuilding my camp. Maybe scrap and build so I can grind some progression towards the "build a bazillion CAMP items" challenges. I've done nearly all the unbroken challenges. I'm even doing the "gather wood 760 times" one, which is nonsense. It's not 760 units of wood - you have to gather wood from logs and stumps 760 times.

And I still haven't found a rabbit to complete the "kill different critters" challenge.

Soldato
@Angilion For Rabbits fast travel to Vault 76 (which is always free) walk down the main hill there are several around there near the bottom. If you get chickens, or squirrels server hop until the rabbits spawn.

As for CAMP budget its double now effectively so you should be able to build some impressive CAMP structures.

Soldato
Sooo frustrating!
Was in process of doing my first Nuke launch solo (never even been in a silo until this point!) and was nearly there at the point of sticking the keycard in and 'server not responding'.......aaahhh!

Wasted so much heavy ammo for the Minigun and Gatling laser for nothing. Went in with nearly 4000 rounds for the minigun and only have 700 left now. :mad::mad:

Soldato
Sooo frustrating!
Was in process of doing my first Nuke launch solo (never even been in a silo until this point!) and was nearly there at the point of sticking the keycard in and 'server not responding'.......aaahhh!

Wasted so much heavy ammo for the Minigun and Gatling laser for nothing. Went in with nearly 4000 rounds for the minigun and only have 700 left now. :mad::mad:
Server Disconnects are back in a big way is why this happens. Lost Caps from several quests in the last few days where it disconnects without warning. had it happen earlier today on the last part of the quest BEFORE I got the reward :(

Try the Nuke Mission again it autosaves I think near to that point you reached.

Soldato
What does everyone do when they've finished the main quest line and dinged beyond lvl 50?

I'm lvl 83 and have the following:

X-01 lvl 50 armour with the new Quantum paint
Mods:
Red tactical headlamp
Internal Database (+2 Int)
Motion Assist Servos (+2 Str)
2 x Optimised Bracers (-AP cost for attack)
Kinetic Servos (+AP regen)
Optimised Servos (-AP for sprinting)

Perks

3 slow melee weapons depending on enemy health:
Instigating
All Rise
Executioner's

Each does ~350 dmg (double for the instigating, +50% for the executioner)

I only use ranged weapons for shooting down drones to get nuclear key cards

Mutations:

Twisted Muscles
Electrically Charged

Here is my current "rotation":

1) Set up workshop to farm gold, silver and acid (to sell to vendors)
2) Head to whitespring and check on the X-01 mods and mutations
3) If I have time, I'll launch a nuke and go kill the queen and farm mats
4) Look for events to do (especially monster mash for XP)
5) Maybe head to whitespring to smash some ghouls for XP

Here is what I want to get:

Mutations:

Marsupial
Healing Factor
Speed Demon
Unstable Isotope
Grounded

X-01 Mods:

Jet pack
Tesla Coil

What am I missing and what other cool stuff is there to do? I've done the new brew quest too.

Man of Honour
I've been poking through what takes up how much weight in my inventory ("Better Inventory" is a very useful mod as it adds information that should have always been in the inventory) and I found 6 misc items just labelled as "Token" and weighing 0.1 each. I finally found out what they are - they're from the utilities area of the Whitespring, the seperate building where the washing machines and dryers are, along with some storage, a workshop area, some toilets and suchlike. There are a few just lying on a table. Does anyone have any idea what use, if any, they have? I can't find anything online.

@Angilion For Rabbits fast travel to Vault 76 (which is always free) walk down the main hill there are several around there near the bottom. If you get chickens, or squirrels server hop until the rabbits spawn.

That will probably take 76 server hops, since that's what the "76" refers to in "Fallout 76" - the number of server hops required to get something done :)

As for CAMP budget its double now effectively so you should be able to build some impressive CAMP structures.

The camp budget has not changed. How much you gain depends on how many turrets and unspecified lights (all light? only spotlights?) you had before because what's changed is how much of the budget those take up.

For the time being, I've kept my existing cabin and festooned it with missile turrets for laughs. I'm going to find some enemies to lead into range.

I'm pretty sure all the stuff you get in that quest chain you also learn the plans for, don't you? So the Blade of Bastet you should be able to make a new one yourself.

I have learned the plan to make a Blade of Bastet....and one of the required materials to make a Blade of Bastet is a Blade of Bastet. I think the point of the plan is to be able to effectively convert a lower level BoB to a higher level one. It's not that big a deal as there are better swords anyway, but it niggles at me.

Back
Top Bottom