**** Official Fallout 76 Thread ****

Associate
Now got 3 of them. A combat shotgun, a Dragon and the hunting rifle. But with the Shotgun it's not great close up as it hurts you, and with the latest patch nerf, it's a bit pants now. I suppose I should mod it back to longer range but... don't use it enough. May stick it in my shop and see what someone will pay for it.

That’s the problem isn’t it , explosive rifles end up hurting friendly people.

Soldato
Doesn't work in power armour.

It's easy to keep them going. I usually run ~20% health for Nerd Rage and Serendipity. Also have Dodgy, but I'm still quite squishy especially against irradiated enemies (e.g. Burrows, Whitesprings), in which case I'll forgo the armour perks and jump into PA.

That's "only" 3 pieces of unyielding too!

I like to have a life-saving and chameleon on too.

Soldato
Doesn't work in power armour.

It's easy to keep them going. I usually run ~20% health for Nerd Rage and Serendipity. Also have Dodgy, but I'm still quite squishy especially against irradiated enemies (e.g. Burrows, Whitesprings), in which case I'll forgo the armour perks and jump into PA.

That's "only" 3 pieces of unyielding too!

I like to have a life-saving and chameleon on too.
Did not think so that is why I have not bought any as I am only playing in Power Armour.

PA is actually way better when you have a decent build & all perk cards you need applied ;) but its complex to get to that stage & I actually prefer your way of playing without power armour it feels way more smooth in motion to move about but I am so fed up with all the instant death moments so stay in Power Armour as much as possible :)

Soldato
I played in PA for the majority of the game - I've a decent set of X-01 with the Quantum paint and a T45 jetpack (I'll buy the X-01 jetpack plan when I have the caps).

I still use it quite a bit for PvE, but I've really enjoyed the perks from legendary armour.

I think that's probably why I mostly used PA - it took ages to build up a decent set of legendary armour. It was a no-brainer with standard armour - PA is WAY better.

I'm going to try and build a full set of decent (i.e. Robot, Trapper or Marine, since they have rad res):

• Unyielding (SPECIAL boost is awesome - Agi means I can run for MILES, plus Dodgy has a large pool of AP to pull from, plus vendor prices are pretty much as good as Max Hard Bargain, plus carry weight is more than even the Excavator armour! I get INTO my PA and I'm overemcumbered! :D, plus I can see enemy red dots on my HUD from MILES with that amount of Per)
  • Bolstering (I want to experiment with this and Nerd Rage etc.)
  • Vanguard (I'd also like to try the opposite - a high health + res build)
  • Assassin (It's been nerfed, but I'd still like to try it in PvP)
  • Life Saving (This is really useful in PvE - with 3 pieces, I'm pretty much "invincible"!)
  • Chameleon (one is enough for the effect, but the sneak stacks. Very fun for PvP and griefing workshops in Adventure mode)

Hoping for some 3 stars and Sentinel's - not seen any yet.

Last edited:
Soldato
What the hell???!!!!!??? I've not played Fallout 76 for a month or two and decided to give it a go this afternoon. Clicked on the desktop shortcut for the game and the Bethesda Launcher opened and asked me to sign in then started downloading 24 Gb of the game??? It's almost like it doesn't realise I have already been playing for a considerable amount of time? What's going on there?

Soldato
What the hell???!!!!!??? I've not played Fallout 76 for a month or two and decided to give it a go this afternoon. Clicked on the desktop shortcut for the game and the Bethesda Launcher opened and asked me to sign in then started downloading 24 Gb of the game??? It's almost like it doesn't realise I have already been playing for a considerable amount of time? What's going on there?

About par for the course for this game. The problem its based on the Creation Engine,so the game files are several large archives(ba2),so if one gets even a 1KB change,from what I gather the whole archive needs to be re-downloaded. At least that is what I have read(I might be wrong). For a single player offline game its not an issue,but it is for an online game.Bethesda really needed a new engine for the game,mostly due to its online nature.

Its best to just periodically check for updates even if you are not playing to make sure the updates are downloaded at a convenient time.

Soldato
Its had 24GB of updates is why! Loads of new free DLC content mainly. Most are just challenges but also a few new sections like The Burrows. Its had on average about 10-15GB added to it in the last 2 months so you just need to wait for it to finish downloading & updating.

Soldato
About par for the course for this game. The problem its based on the Creation Engine,so the game files are several large archives(ba2),so if one gets even a 1KB change,from what I gather the whole archive needs to be re-downloaded. At least that is what I have read(I might be wrong). For a single player offline game its not an issue,but it is for an online game.Bethesda really needed a new engine for the game,mostly due to its online nature.

Its best to just periodically check for updates even if you are not playing to make sure the updates are downloaded at a convenient time.

Cheers for the info, didn't realise that. So will I have lost all my progress or will the game start where I left off last time I played?

Soldato
Cheers for the info, didn't realise that. So will I have lost all my progress or will the game start where I left off last time I played?
It will start from where you left off as that is stored on Bethesda servers not on the client side. The engine used has its origins in the one used for one of the early Elder Scrolls games,and is designed for single player games like Fallout 4.

So any change to a part of the BA2 will mean the whole BA2 is redownloaded. The biggest BA2 files range upto 4GB.

Soldato
Ahh......I see!!
To be fair to Bethesda yes the game launched early & yes most of the player negativity was justified :( but also to give them some credit they have put a lot of resource into fixing some things & adding a lot of new content. The latest update lets you now setup your own player vendor shop to sell items to other players ingame.

Its finally starting to feel a little more like a Falloutish MMO lite experience :)

Man of Honour

Probably just the patches. It's inefficient in that respect. A few fairly small changes can result in a couple of GB to be downloaded. It's worse on consoles for some reason - their patches are often several times the size of the PC patches. I wouldn't be at all surprised if your installation is downloading each patch sequentially even if a later one supercedes an earlier one. It's a bother, but it gets the job done eventually and the patches have generally improved the game and added some new content.

Man of Honour
[..]
No your the one who is deflecting now trying to selectively quote posts,to remove context.

Genuine LOL from me there. Thank you.

This whole thing started from you going off on a silly rant because AWPC said that ultracite scraps and black titanium are relatively cheap because they're relatively common. Which is true.

How about you lead by example. Your the one is blathering and poked your nose into a conversation I was having with AWPC.

You insulting people is not a conversation.

The rest of your lies are of no interest to me. Goodbye.

Soldato
is this worth picking up? i seen all the bad publicity it got after launch and it put me off.
As always most of the bad PR on the internet was just overblown (some of it was justified as the game launched way too early) but for £8.99 yes its well worth that IMO

You must surely get your £8.99 worth out of it as long as you understand its an online Fallout4 ish MMO lite with optional co-op & team play but solo play is also ok. Its also like many other MMO's a grind at times so be prepared to sink a lot of time in but graphically its better than the previous Bethesda Fallout titles one thing they did right & did well is the massive game world & how seamless most of it streams in as you play.

All future DLC is free once you buy the game its possible to also unlock a lot of free cosmetic items for your player & CAMP but if you want to spend real money on the Atomic Store you can also do that if you do not want to grind the challenges to earn the cosmetic items for free.

Its also coming to Steam later this year but no word on if it will be possible to transfer your existing game to Steam or you need to buy again.

Back
Top Bottom