**** Official Fallout 76 Thread ****

Soldato
@Angilion
I did say scrip are worthless ;) I spent 1000s never ever got a single item worth having or even been able to sell for a few caps! Its a worthless system they should give players the best ingame weapons possible for a few scrips not make them 0.003% drop rate items which they currently all are :rolleyes: (someone data minned all the leg & scrip drop rates they come out at an average 0.003% which is the lowest possible drop rate). 0.003% is about 1 in 500 drops and that is ONLY if you get anything as all drop rates are subject to server timeouts where it talks back to the Bethesda server for verification so you also have a chance of nothing!!

The Wastelanders PA paintjob is the pathetic looking one with plants tacked onto it not sure its worth even spending a single second acquiring as it looks so feeble & tacked on :eek: when I watched the stream a few weeks ago of the 4 dev leads they were utterly tone death to the lack of audience, lack of audience enthusiasm for what they were announcing future content wise & doubled down on many currently broken or needs urgently changing gameplay mechanics cannot easily be fixed so we are stuck with them for a long time to come :rolleyes::( Only thing at the end which seemed to get their attention was people walking out early in disgust or general apathy :( & even then the 2 PR girls tried to pivot onto something else to take the attention away but you could see it all in HD video the puzzled & concerned looks on some of the dev leads ;)

This game has a massive perception problem. I do not think putting the launcher on Steam in a few months or persisting with these MMO lite based events is going to make up for the player base dwindling as existing players leave few will replace them as all cheap keys have long since sold out its now £15.99 to get the cheapest key.

Man of Honour
@Angilion [..] The Wastelanders PA paintjob is the pathetic looking one with plants tacked onto it not sure its worth even spending a single second acquiring as it looks so feeble & tacked on :eek: [..]

Yes...and the Vault Armor is something different. The rewards for the vault 94 missions are untradeable vault armour plans and vault steel to make vault armour. So it isn't the same thing as that inane paintjob.

Soldato
Almost got through the I Am become Death quest when I had to remove PA and the game froze. Which meant ctrl alt del to get out of the game so all progress along with ammo and stimpacs lost.
This has to be the most frustrating game I have ever played.

EDIT: Submitted a ticket and this was their response.

Thank you for contacting the Bethesda Customer Support Team. My name is Matt and I will be assisting you today! I understand you are experiencing issues with becoming stuck in your power armor when exiting, but you can still look around and hear things. This is definitely a troubling issue so let's see what we can do for you!

Looking into this issue, it looks like there is an error that occurs when exiting your power armor while on a slope. The developers have been made aware of this issue and it should be resolved in an upcoming patch. For now, I would suggest trying to only exit your power armor on level ground. Keep an eye on our website and launcher for any future updates that could address this issue.

I was inside a silo wanting to use a workbench so hardly on a slope. I suppose i should be grateful for the quick response.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
[..] I was inside a silo wanting to use a workbench so hardly on a slope. I suppose i should be grateful for the quick response.

It's better than usual, but it's meaningless. It could have been done by a bot. Pick out some keywords, issue an excuse. The bug in the excuse doesn't match your description of the bug that affected you. Being unable to move in the gameworld but "you can still look around and hear things" is different to the game freezing.

In the past Bethesda have relied on modders to fix bugs for free. That can't happen in FO76 and Bethesda is (a) not able to cope and (b) not willing to employ enough people to make them able to cope.

Soldato
Almost got through the I Am become Death quest when I had to remove PA and the game froze. Which meant ctrl alt del to get out of the game so all progress along with ammo and stimpacs lost.
This has to be the most frustrating game I have ever played.

EDIT: Submitted a ticket and this was their response.

Thank you for contacting the Bethesda Customer Support Team. My name is Matt and I will be assisting you today! I understand you are experiencing issues with becoming stuck in your power armor when exiting, but you can still look around and hear things. This is definitely a troubling issue so let's see what we can do for you!

Looking into this issue, it looks like there is an error that occurs when exiting your power armor while on a slope. The developers have been made aware of this issue and it should be resolved in an upcoming patch. For now, I would suggest trying to only exit your power armor on level ground. Keep an eye on our website and launcher for any future updates that could address this issue.

I was inside a silo wanting to use a workbench so hardly on a slope. I suppose i should be grateful for the quick response.

I’ll be on tonight fella, if you are up for another run.

Man of Honour
@Kronos Do you have any mods installed? Some mods, even apparently unrelated ones, become unstable after a new patch until the mod author releases a new version to address the new problem. Bethesda seems to be making changes with little or nothing in the way of planning, consistency and testing, so nobody knows what will be broken by each new patch. Bethesda aren't able to do a proper job of an online game and probably won't ever be because they won't spend the required money on support. Support for FO76 is clearly an ad hoc process without sufficient resources allocated to it.

Soldato
I’ll be on tonight fella, if you are up for another run.

Thanks mate but I only play in the afternoon. To be honest I thought I had it this time , got a machine gun that tears through the annoying Assaultrons, but the PA exit issue killed the run for me.

@Kronos Do you have any mods installed? Some mods, even apparently unrelated ones, become unstable after a new patch until the mod author releases a new version to address the new problem. Bethesda seems to be making changes with little or nothing in the way of planning, consistency and testing, so nobody knows what will be broken by each new patch. Bethesda aren't able to do a proper job of an online game and probably won't ever be because they won't spend the required money on support. Support for FO76 is clearly an ad hoc process without sufficient resources allocated to it.

No mods installed at all, it is an issue that Bethesda are seemingly aware of and apparently working on it.

Until they fix the PA bug stop moving for exactly 4 seconds before always works then exit or enter!

Will try to remember that, thanks.

Man of Honour
There's something else too - FO76 becomes less stable over time, which is presumably part of the reason why Bethesda have to take it down for maintainence so often.

I had an annoying crash yesterday - I was about 3/4 of the way through a scorchbeast queen event.

Bethesda has been aware of PA bugs since before the release and has fixed PA bugs several times and either created new PA bugs or restored the previous PA bugs several times. Bethesda's support for FO76 is a flawed process, to put it politely.

I got the Collector scout badge this morning! I was expecting to spend months looking for the magazines, but having the perception perk that gives an audible signal when a magazine is nearby is a boon for collecting magazines.

Also - Perk Loadout Manager. I finally got around to installing it and SFE (which is used by Perk Loadout Manager). It's now top of my list of "that's how the game should have been from the start" mods.

Soldato
Vault 94 raids are live now ha ha what a joke even for Bethesda :rolleyes: they must have so few people working on this game now & it shows in a big way how shoddy it all looks inside 94 :eek:

Soldato
There's something else too - FO76 becomes less stable over time, which is presumably part of the reason why Bethesda have to take it down for maintainence so often.

I had an annoying crash yesterday - I was about 3/4 of the way through a scorchbeast queen event.

Bethesda has been aware of PA bugs since before the release and has fixed PA bugs several times and either created new PA bugs or restored the previous PA bugs several times. Bethesda's support for FO76 is a flawed process, to put it politely.

I got the Collector scout badge this morning! I was expecting to spend months looking for the magazines, but having the perception perk that gives an audible signal when a magazine is nearby is a boon for collecting magazines.

Also - Perk Loadout Manager. I finally got around to installing it and SFE (which is used by Perk Loadout Manager). It's now top of my list of "that's how the game should have been from the start" mods.
Any other mods you recommend?

Soldato
Vault 94 is a total mess & complete resource sink for a PA frame which looks really bad with plants tacked onto the surface. Even on Novice its so hard & requires so many Stimpacks & high level weapons its far too extreme for so little reward just a bunch of very average weapons & the PA frame job which you then need to get 33 Vault Steel which will take you many many raids to gather :rolleyes::mad:

Man of Honour
Vault 94 raids are live now ha ha what a joke even for Bethesda :rolleyes: they must have so few people working on this game now & it shows in a big way how shoddy it all looks inside 94 :eek:

It looks OK to me. Much the same as the rest of the game, but with masses of plant growth.

It does seem to have the balance that Bethesda claimed it has, unlike the last 2 expansions. I got killed trying to solo it on novice difficulty. A mirelurk high king and a pack of vorpal and hardshell mirelurks. I'll go back in tomorrow when I'm more awake, but I'm fairly sure I won't be able to solo higher difficulty levels and thus won't be able to get vault armour.

Any other mods you recommend?

This is the mod section in my custom ini:

[Archive]
sResourceIndexFileList = BetterInventory.ba2, Power Armor Clean HUD.ba2, IntRaw.ba2, BetterPALight.ba2, PerkLoadoutManager.ba2

Better Inventory is the most popular mod for FO76. It makes the inventory better :) It shows the total weight of stacks of items and the total weight of each category, so you can more easily narrow down what's encumbering you. It also adds some more filtering so you can, for example, cycle through subcategories in the aid section of your inventory. Only food, only drink, that sort of thing.

Power Armor Clean HUD removes the plastic fascia from the power armour HUD, which I think looks better.

Ooh baby I like int raw shows the integer value of your stored/built CAMP items, not just a bar. Very useful if you're building something more than a crude shack.

Better PA light replaces the torch stuck on the default power armour helmets with a better one that gives a larger, more diffuse source of light. I use the 75% brightness one IIRC.

It's not currently possible to save perk card loadouts with perk loadout manager because its save functionality requires a version of the SFE mod that matches the current version of FO76. SFE will be updated for today's patch soon and then

Soldato
I am definitely done, this ridiculous quest, I Am become Death, is unrelenting no matter what weapons I had it was never ending. Got all the way to preping for launch I thought I would clear out the area first before the launch robot did his thing but stupid me another bunch of hard enemies popped up and me with so little ammo just had to give up and this time I definitely will not be back to the game.

This quest, for me anyway, was stupidly hard and as I play games for fun this for me is the total opposite, not against a challenge by any means but not this sort of nonsense.

Still they seemed to have sorted the leaving the PA without game freezing.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I am definitely done, this ridiculous quest, I Am become Death, is unrelenting no matter what weapons I had it was never ending. Got all the way to preping for launch I thought I would clear out the area first before the launch robot did his thing but stupid me another bunch of hard enemies popped up and me with so little ammo just had to give up and this time I definitely will not be back to the game.

This quest, for me anyway, was stupidly hard and as I play games for fun this for me is the total opposite, not against a challenge by any means but not this sort of nonsense.

Still they seemed to have sorted the leaving the PA without game freezing.

I'm not sure what the issue is because I found that quest trivially easy and just somewhat tedious going back and forth between the mainframe sections. Granted, I walk around carrying >10,000 rounds of ammo so running out isn't a problem but that's a minor detail. I am L180-something, but level doesn't matter in FO76 past L50. The robots in there do respawn, but not in very large numbers and they are only normal robots.

If you ever decide to have another go, post some details about your perk cards in play and your weapon(s) and maybe someone can spot any weaknesses. Perk card choice is key in FO76. I think heavy weapons is the easiest build I've used and probably the most effective for my preferred style of play, which could probably best be described on these forums as "stand and bang" :) I don't go for a subtle playstyle. The key perks for that are heavy gunner, master heavy gunner, expert heavy gunner, stablised and one gun army. Bear arms is useful because it makes heavy weapons weigh far less. Gunsmith is useful because it reduces the rate at which guns deteriorate. I use an anti-armor faster firing gatling gun with a faster firing receiver for almost everything and a zealot explosive 50 cal machine gun with a heavy barrel for mobs with vast amounts of health that aren't close to me. The military spec Mr Handy robots are the hardest ones. They take a couple of seconds each. I have a vague memory of it being possible to turn the silo's robots non-hostile, but I'm not sure as it wasn't an issue for me.

Man of Honour
Vault 94 is a total mess & complete resource sink for a PA frame which looks really bad with plants tacked onto the surface. Even on Novice its so hard & requires so many Stimpacks & high level weapons its far too extreme for so little reward just a bunch of very average weapons & the PA frame job which you then need to get 33 Vault Steel which will take you many many raids to gather :rolleyes::mad:

Well, what else is left? I've done everything apart from soloing Vault 94, so I'll probably have another go. It was a bit of a surprise to walk into a pair of mirelurk queens and a horde of scorched conquerors, and that was just the beginning. I think Bethesda got the description right this time - it really is balanced for a high end team of at least 4. I might even dig out my X-01 suit for another go at soloing Vault 94. If only for no other reason than it's not supposed to be possible :)

Do you know the stats for the vault armor(s)? If they're better than other PA, it might be worth the annoyance and tedium of multiplayer. But probably not.

On the plus side, the last patch also fixed many of the challenges that have been broken for so long. Although the "visit locations" challenge still hasn't counted Abandoned Bogtown for me despite the fact I've been there at least a dozen times. That leaves only 2 scout badges, the silly robot-killing ones, the wood collecting, the diseases and repairing 76 power armor pieces. Oh, and the 22,800 camp items that no sane person will ever get around to making and the hacking an endless number of terminals. The scout badges are the ones I'm thinking I might feasibly do. I can't find a hostile mothman for the wing fragment (Queen of the Hunt quest never spawns for me - still a known bug) and I can't craft plasma grenades for the chemist one. I haven't crafted hallucinogen grenades either, but I don't recall if I haven't learned the plan or just didn't have the required stuff at the time.

EDIT: I wonder if the latest patch unintentionally fixed the bug that has prevented the Forbidden Knowledge quest from ever spawning for me. I have >100 technical documents now. On a slightly related note, I recently found that the maximum number of supply drop requisition forms you can have is 254. I've been picking them up and not using them because the rewards are trivial and I got an error message saying I was over my maximum carry weight, which surprised me until I realised the reason.

Soldato
@Angilion
True the game is pretty much empty once you reach a certain stage but 94 is such a resource hog to do. All the enemies constantly respawn & Bethesda being Bethesda means you get a massive 0.014XP per kill for most :rolleyes: as they nerfed ALL the XP inside 94 to stop players farming it :(:rolleyes:
You need 33 Vault Steel to construct the full PA set which will take you weeks of grinding 94 & winning each time as its also an instant death location no respawn possible. Even Novice is ridiculously hard most of the time. I just cba anymore as each attempt uses up around 20-30 Stims & various other materials & chems. Do not think anyone has the full set yet it takes a while to gather the 33 Vault steel. I cannot even complete it once on Novice its really been tweaked for 4 player higher level teams & even then its a bullet sponge affair!

Yeah challenges are fixed now you get around 300 Atoms when you logon but mine crashed first time I logged on after the patch :eek: as it was fixing up all the broken challenges so like you I still have the discover Bog Town glitch stuck at 4\5 :(

Turn your Technical Docs in you do get some rare BOS uniforms & there are 7 x BOS PA paintjobs to collect as well but you need to do around 50 Tec docs to get 1 BOS paintjob. I have all 7 now they are just variations of the same theme a dark brownish gold with various red BOS insignia on them but as a true Fallout fan if its there I have to collect them ALL! ;)

You will be infuriated if you try to build the display cases now in the CAMP build menu as they use both CAMP & item resource so 1 Display case is something like 13% of your entire CAMP budget :rolleyes: that is really shoddy as all the display cases are quite literally imported over from Fallout 4 anyway they do not have any lights or sounds just bland cases!

Hostile mothman appears sometimes near the Grafton station keep going there its about a 1 in 500 event though but I saw him there yesterday & gave him a good wack with my Grognaks Bloodied axe ;)

You want something new try collecting this little lot for your display cases!
https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/comme...d_where_to_find_them/?st=jzm76jye&sh=2e9121c8

Soldato
Well I've tried 94 on Novice now 5 times now solo and got utterly rinsed all 5 times, used 40 Stimpaks on the last run and went with Exterminator and Autostim Armor on which seemed to make no difference.
Not having another go until go in with a team as I've got to build my Ammo / Chems and Health item backup now, used just about everything for no reason it seems....

Man of Honour
[..] Turn your Technical Docs in you do get some rare BOS uniforms & there are 7 x BOS PA paintjobs to collect as well but you need to do around 50 Tec docs to get 1 BOS paintjob.

Turn them in how? Bear in mind that, as I said, the forbidden knowledge quest has never spawned for me. Is there some other way to turn in technical documents?

You will be infuriated if you try to build the display cases now in the CAMP build menu as they use both CAMP & item resource so 1 Display case is something like 13% of your entire CAMP budget :rolleyes:

That's impressively incompetent even for Bethesda!

Well I've tried 94 on Novice now 5 times now solo and got utterly rinsed all 5 times, used 40 Stimpaks on the last run and went with Exterminator and Autostim Armor on which seemed to make no difference.
Not having another go until go in with a team as I've got to build my Ammo / Chems and Health item backup now, used just about everything for no reason it seems....

I too was utterly mashed soloing vault 94 on novice level. I think I could probably get as far as entering codes into terminals, but I wouldn't be able to withstand the attacks while I was unable to move or shoot.

It's much harder on standard difficulty, which is the minimum level required to get the plans for the vault armour which is the only point to vault 94. I've just watched a video of someone soloing it on standard and the timing was almost impossible. They were running almost all of the time, knew where they were going, repaired many additional pipes to get extra time and they rarely stopped to kill mobs...and they still had seconds left at the end of some parts. Also, they were killed entering the final command on the final terminal, so they didn't get a reward anyway.

Unless the vault armor is game-breakingly overpowered, it's not worth it even as a multiplayer raid for well organised groups. The loot is ordinary and you've no time to collect it anyway.

Back
Top Bottom