**Official Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Discussion Thread**

Associate
Just to confirm mine is occasionally freezing with a high pitch sound. Is this the freezing issue everyone else is reporting?

I was starting to think it's my X-FI not working in this board properly but I do have 2x4GB Samsung Greens in this PC...is that the problem based on the above?

I'm on F7 Bios and my Bclk is 100.10 (Can't remember if I set it to 100 or if it's back on auto)

Associate
My freeze is very occasional and is a complete lockup requiring a hard boot. I've not noticed and sound. It came back after I'd been tuning my overclock and inadvertently set BCLK to AUTO. Maybe check your BCLK. It obviously goes back to AUTO if you do a reset.

Yes, the Samsung Greens are affected by this incompatibility apparently but it's suspected only certain batches of them.

Soldato
so other mobos have these issues?
this isnt a rant btw its a genuine question iv always used gb mobos but this 1 has left underwhelmed to put it lightly

Mine has had no issues at all. Using Samsung green ram as well which is reported to have some problems. Personally I am really impressed with this board.

Associate
Can anyone tell me which 4GB RAM modules don't use the affected Samsung/Hynix memory chips?

I take it then that the Samsung greens are affected (or potentially affected) (MV-3V4G3D/US) ?

I just read about this last night.

EDIT: i see a few posts up covenant saying that certain batches are having issues

Associate
8GB of the sammy green here.

I've had a couple of lock ups with the high pitched sound, might be coincidence but it feels like it mainly happened when watching things like iplayer/4od via firefox. But so far I just put it down to me not having the time to properly have a go at overclocking the board yet.

I've just been semi-randomly playing with the CPU and MEM but not really doing much more than basic stability tests. I have some time off next week, so hope to have a proper crack at it and get some decent 24/7 o/c's locked in. Also going to order some new bits to re-do my cooling.

I'm also currently running the onboard sound after having an issue with my X-fi early on and then managing to fix it. As I endedup with an annoying bug I don't remember having since Vista was first around, I certainly never had it on my last build with the same o/s and drivers as this build. But it's that pita bug where the speakers just randomly decide to reassign themselves, so all 5 channels pretty much end up on the wrong speakers. Stopping and restarting what ever is producing sound at the time seems to sort it, only for it to go again at a random point later on.

Like I say, didn't have this on my last Win7 build and though I do remember getting it on Vista in the early days it never happened as often and as it seems to now.

Not had a proper blast with the onboard sound yet but straight off, though the quality seems there the 'presence'(?) of it isn't as good. Though there are less settings in the software, I've not really had time to play about with it yet to see if I can improve it.

Caporegime
I take it then that the Samsung greens are affected (or potentially affected) (MV-3V4G3D/US) ?

I just read about this last night.

EDIT: i see a few posts up covenant saying that certain batches are having issues

i dont think its ram batches just certain combos of hardware/components that are causing instability,ive seen users have constant freezing or usb issues and others whos have run flawless

Caporegime
As things get more complicated, theres bound to be a few teething issues, its not like the old days where you had to move jumpers about to set the FSB etc.

So many possible hardware combinations available that not everything can be checked and so some compatibility issues will arise.

Associate
The Gigabyte rep on the tweaktown forum reckoned it would be fixed with a BIOS update.

Oh ok, I was thinking of getting some Samsung green for my new rig which will incorporate this mobo. Might just go for the more expensive Kingston to be on the safe side (I'm not too handy in Bios)

Associate
Oh ok, I was thinking of getting some Samsung green for my new rig which will incorporate this mobo. Might just go for the more expensive Kingston to be on the safe side (I'm not too handy in Bios)

Your call. If it was me even knowing what I do I'd buy the Samsung anyway. There's a workaround which seems to work for people who have the problem(set BCLK manually) and it's a BIOS-fixable issue... and the Samsung is awesome RAM - mine's running at 2000 9-10-10 1T on 1.4v :)

Back
Top Bottom