1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

**Official Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Discussion Thread**

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by Nelly, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Phill4321

Hitman

Hi mate, I am having the exact same problem as you. I am starting to think that the quality of these boards are not to scratch or they were rushed to market. My graphics card is a 7970 and I also can not boot into the bios. But I can when I insert a 8600gt in the pci slot. Im really not sure what to do??

2. Nelly

Soldato

Just to confirm, I can now use the front USB ports on my Corsair 650D case to update the Bios now, the USB sticks shows up in Q Flash now after updating to F7 Bios. :) :)

3. stulid

Capo Crimine

F7 and F7a break the Corsair K90 keyboard.

4. ssmacc

Wise Guy

I’ve now got mine to boot into Windows, I think the trick is to have a monitor plugged into both the GPU and the onboard, I’ve got the BIOS to display onboard first and the onboard enabled (the BIOS is displayed only in the Monitor plugged into the motherboard), Windows 7 is only displayed on the monitor plugged into the GPU, this is set up in Windows, I’m still trying to get Virtu Lucid to work via onboard, but I’ve get it to work via GPU.

I think the software is a mess at the moment and having two monitors plugged in is a huge help. I’ve had a good 12 hours messing around (and getting nowhere) before I plugged in two monitors.

5. Hisham

Associate

6. Phill4321

Hitman

7. Phill4321

Hitman

8. Buckster

Sgarrista

^^ that doesn't look good :( it sounds like its posting - but no display

9. P3N9U1N

Wise Guy

Got my ud5h still in the box, I just hope mines ok when I get around to putting everything together :(

10. ssmacc

Wise Guy

Mine was the same, have you got another monitor you can use? Have something in the onboard and the 7970? Thats the only way i got it to work. I still get no BIOS screen from my 6950, but the motherboad shows the BIOS.

11. itchy

Mobster

Hi guys bit of a problem!! :(

Today I upgraded mem 16gb Corsair Vengeance Blue, z77-ud5, psu 750w ocz zt, antec kuhler with push pull config(had to do a hack job with the kuhler:p ), i5 2500k and 5x akasa apache pwm 120mm fans.

What a *****ing job 6 hours!!! I aint done a full build for myself in 4 years, you know that old chestnut the q6600 best cpu I ever had in 15 years of building. Well it seams i lost my touch!!! Fingers feel fat, I shake (alcohol :rolleyes:) can not see too well, am rubbish at the small stuff. BUT I got there !!! :D

All system fans work except 1 the mid front one P190 case it just twitches!!
    All the others work fine except system 1 fan it just twitches.

I have changed to pwm in bios but no luck the fans not faulty as it works in other system fan numbers 2-4 but 1 it just twitches!! :confused:

Any ideas!!!!

Foot note
    What a board flick of a switch 4.5ghz vcore 1.2, 52c stable.
    Me thinks 5ghz be possible, ITCHY PRAYS FOR A GOLDEN CHIP!!! :D

Last edited: May 3, 2012
  12. stulid

Capo Crimine

You are going to have to do a better job of starring out that swear word.

13. P3N9U1N

Wise Guy

As my ud5h is still in the box, can someone have a go at explaining LucidMVP to me, as far as I know its a program that does something with the CPU and GPU. Does it come with the mobo?, i tried reading their webpage but got confused even further :confused:

14. smithy83

Hitman

it lets you use your graphics card as well as the integrated gpu on the cpu

so you can use intel quick sync for converting videos

mvp also lets you a little boost to your graphics as games can use you gpu and cpu gpu

[​IMG]

15. MonkeyWrench9

Gangster

That woman looks scary but the Lucid program is pretty handy from what I've seen.

16. atheos

Hitman

@ Stulid

I am installing my Mobo.

Did you use the pads on the base of the Kuhler 920? I am finding it a bit of a squeeze putting the base on.

Edit: Managed to get it on :p

I left the plastic strip on the pads. So if i had to take it off it would be easy.

Should i just use the sticky part of the pads or am i ok?

Last edited: May 4, 2012
  17. stulid

Capo Crimine

I left the plastic on too.

18. atheos

Hitman

Thank you

19. itchy

Mobster

I took the plastic off, the sticky pads for the backing plate on the khuler do you mean?

Anyone found out what the plastic ring is you get with the khuler I could find no use whatsoever and it didnt even show in the instructions!! :confused:

Oh yes had a little pop at overclocking today the board is great am at 4.5ghz, 1.3v stable, cpu temps under prime 60c after 15min. Thats with a sandy i2500k,
    ivy just did not appeal to me at all with the thermal issues.

I am editing to death because another thing its has NO Ps/2 port so am typing an some dell rubbish thats usb!!!

20. atheos

Hitman

One more question!

Each corner has two holes. Do i use the furthest out hole or the closer to the cpu holes if it makes sense?

The locking clips face in?