• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***Official GTX 670 thread***

Associate
I don't get the odd flares at stock but I get a flicker of green spikes/lines for split seconds in the same point each time, even at stock :|. When circling the dragon they appear at the top half of the screen for a split second each, once or twice..

That seems a bit strange?

Caporegime
Thats the same spot ive seen them at as well.

Clocking wise, theres an incredibly varied pattern with the wf 670's. Ive seen some that can only manage +40 ono on the core, others that will do +150. Theres other bios's that can be flashed onto the card that may allow further increases. Im tempted to try it on mine.

Associate
I've got two at present. One can't get past +83 without crashing Heaven, the one in atm can get +150/160 but I get odd green lens flares every now and then on Heaven. If I push it to +190 I get a ctd. I guess I need to pull back and get rid of the occasional lens flare artifacts.

Associate
Is it that good? I thought they could go a lot higher on stock cooling? (not that the cooling seems to be an issue for me). I must have been misreading and thinking I was underperforming :p

I'm going to give 3D mark a go now. Haven't touched memory on this one yet.

Soldato
Thats the same spot ive seen them at as well.

Clocking wise, theres an incredibly varied pattern with the wf 670's. Ive seen some that can only manage +40 ono on the core, others that will do +150. Theres other bios's that can be flashed onto the card that may allow further increases. Im tempted to try it on mine.

You haven't done the v1.212 voltage mod on yours? I've been running it for months now, not a single glitch and stable as a rock. Added over +100 to my boost, I was hitting 1189 max before, now I'm just shy of 1300. I expect you'll hit 1350 with the mod !

Caporegime
Nope, i havent touched the bios at all mate. The clocks im getting are with the shipped bios. Mine also boosts to 1189 at stock. Will have to look into it.:)

Off topic illuz, our cards and cpu's are frighteningly similair, your voltage settings on the cpu are almost identical to mine. Our kit must have been twins separated at birth lol.:D

@David VI, set power target to max.

Associate
Nope, i havent touched the bios at all mate. The clocks im getting are with the shipped bios. Mine also boosts to 1189 at stock. Will have to look into it.:)

Off topic illuz, our cards and cpu's are frighteningly similair, your voltage settings on the cpu are almost identical to mine. Our kit must have been twins separated at birth lol.:D

My powers at 112%. I think i've lost the artifacts now at 135% (1254mhz). Suppose that's my limit! Onto memory!

Does the bios mod unlock the voltage? Would more voltage get rid of artifacts with the downside of more heat? Am I right?

(Is it artefacts not artifacts? :p)

Soldato
My powers at 112%. I think i've lost the artifacts now at 135% (1254mhz). Suppose that's my limit! Onto memory!

Does the bios mod unlock the voltage? Would more voltage get rid of artifacts with the downside of more heat? Am I right?

(Is it artefacts not artifacts? :p)

Read below. It may eliminate the artifacts yeah.

Get that bios MOD on there!
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?284014-KGB-Kepler-BIOS-Editor-Unlocker

It hasn't increased temps for me in the slightest, just gave my OC more headroom. I think it pulls v1.23 at the socket but reads as v1.212. I've thought it for sometime mate hahaha, we do pretty much have identical systems. Great minds think a like eh ;)

Associate
I've unlocked my bios rom but have no idea how to flash it back to the card. Nvflash doesn't appear to like me because I have a 64bit OS... What are the other options? I'm not sure it's worth the hassle if I have to burn a disc?

Associate
Done it! Wicked.

For some reason now my default setting on Precision is the previous overclock :|. I must have done something wrong, even though there wasn't much to do.... Are you meant to set it all to default before you unlock the rom? :O

Associate
It's odd, as soon as unlocking mine it boosts at 1267mhz, which was a boost I was trying to OC to earlier, so a familiar number!

Why does it stick at 1267, even if I put it up by +5 or even +10, the OC in me wants to be able to get it to 1270. I have to have an overclock thats a nice round number but Precision is fighting me :p.

With the power target unlocked, should I move it far? I'm not really sure what it does and what is safe to move it to?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom