• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***Official GTX 670 thread***

Soldato
I picked up 2 evga FTWs last week and only got around to playing with them last night. Using Precision X I can get them both to 1280, that was stable in Heaven and 3D Mark 11 multiple times, is that good, bad, average? I've been out of the loop for awhile so am just getting up to speed.

Soldato
I picked up 2 evga FTWs last week and only got around to playing with them last night. Using Precision X I can get them both to 1280, that was stable in Heaven and 3D Mark 11 multiple times, is that good, bad, average? I've been out of the loop for awhile so am just getting up to speed.

That's excellent clocks! :D

Man of Honour

Very good clocks

What are you scoring in 3dmark11 for graphics.

Soldato
Does this ASIC thing actually mean anything at all? mines 75% but the card boosts to 1175 stock, thats pretty good isnt it?

Personally I don't think it means anything myself and I certainly would not worry about it (or even give it a seconds thought myself). Mine doesn't have a very high value either (and has "apparently" changed with each release of GPUz!) and it will OC and hit 1300MHz stable in all games and benchmarks.

Your boost is about average for a half decent 670 in my opinion. My stock boost is 1163MHz. But as I said, it will push to 1300MHz with a little extra voltage (NB. only a limited number of MSI Kepler based cards have any form of voltage adjustment and even then, you need to use an older version of Afterburner).

My advice.... sit back and enjoy your games :)

Soldato
That's excellent clocks! :D

Very good clocks

What are you scoring in 3dmark11 for graphics.

Thanks! I've been running 3d Mark 11 at 2560x1440 and upped the image settings (I assumed this would be more of a stress test) so it doesn't seem to give me a score, is that normal with Custom? I can rerun it at 1080p (extreme) to get a number if you're interested. I'm still playing with custom fan profiles to get some balance, i'm far from a silence freak but they're a bit too noisy at the moment.

Soldato
Do the heaven test also :), there's a thread in this section. I benched a score of ~2200 @ 1080p with my windforce once but haven't been able to hit it since. May try again today :)

Soldato
Did some quick tests last night, of a Gigabyte GTX 670 4GB WF3, managed to get to GTX 680 stock speed stable, will do some more memory clocking tonight.

Not that good of a clocker 1230MHz maximum boost, oh well... will get a GTX780 when they are released. ;)

nvidiagtx670test1.jpg

Soldato
Did some quick tests last night, of a Gigabyte GTX 670 4GB WF3, managed to get to GTX 680 stock speed stable, will do some more memory clocking tonight.

Not that good of a clocker 1230MHz maximum boost, oh well... will get a GTX780 when they are released. ;)

nvidiagtx670test1.jpg

That's very good boost ! My GB WF topped boost at 1189 and it still ripped through games, used the modded bios for extra volts and I game stable at 1300. Memory overclocks like a DREAM on the Windforce, crank that right up! I can bench +850, +900 I start to get artifacts. I game at +650 though. I can't wait to go SLI in February, hopefully shouldn't need to upgrade anytime soon.

Soldato
illuz said:
That's very good boost ! My GB WF topped boost at 1189 and it still ripped through games, used the modded bios for extra volts and I game stable at 1300. Memory overclocks like a DREAM on the Windforce, crank that right up! I can bench +850, +900 I start to get artifacts. I game at +650 though. I can't wait to go SLI in February, hopefully shouldn't need to upgrade anytime soon.
Very nice. :) This is my 3rd Gigabyte GTX 670 WF3, the other two were 2GB versions.

My first GTX 670 Windforce would only do +105, +500ish fully stable in Heaven 3.0, my second one did +150 GPU Offset, +700 MEM Offset so 1340/7406 - was kinda awesome on stock volts, I was stupid for selling it really.

See here >> http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?p=22002222 lol :(

Soldato
illuz said:
Man that's a dream clocker right there
One thing I have noticed compared to my 2GB versions is the 4GB version I have here takes up 3 slots, the actual heatsink looks a lot more thicker!

Clocking the memory on this is a pain, 1228MHz maximum boost on the core, +450 on the memory is stable, but for some reason it reduces the boost on the core to around 1176MHz, +100 on the memory seems okay, need more testing, it''s much more cooler maximum temps 55ºC than the 2GB cards, mind you room temp is only 21.8ºC.

Caporegime
They are awesome cards, still a bit expensive though. Run mine daily at 1310/7586. Chews through my games with ease, max temp on the stock fan profile is 65c. This is in a case with exceptionally poor airflow, (bitfenix shinobi xl). If i was to stick the rig into my lian li a70f, the temps would be a fair bit lower.

Back
Top Bottom