• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***Official GTX 670 thread***

Permabanned
2 days people, we can make it:D

Im ready! All my old junk has sold on the MM, got £320 made from selling what was originally over £800 though ... :(

But I'm desperate and I dont need all that junk anymore, plus I'll still have my GTX 560 tis to sell.

I could actually buy two now, but I dont need two, better to just buy one then moar GTX 670 GPUs when they are cheaper.

Soldato
Just finished reading that 55 page thread, christ i dont think were the only excited people:)
That windforce can do some serious performace going by windys 3dmark11 and heaven benchmark tests.

Am i right in thinking when overclocking a gpu, you just overclock the core and not the memory?

Soldato
I'd be happy with a £350 custom cooled card, that's still over £100 cheaper than a custom 680, for performance on a near par you surely can't argue?

Don't forget that's also cheaper than a ref 7970...

Associate
TBH, I'm only interested in the 4gb versions for nvidia surround.

I know they're not out at the same time as the 2gb versions but any plausible ideas at prices for the 4gbs ?

Soldato
If you like, it's not going to do any harm. Probably won't see a noticeable real word difference in performance but extra fps is always nice.

Ok
I will be overclocking them to a point where there 100% stable rather than just for benchmark purposes.
I think marty upped his core boost to 150 but im not sure what he did with the memory.

Edit saw it in OP he overclocked the core by 165 and memory by 550. That sounds really good, do you think thats a stable 100% stable overclock?

Last edited:
Soldato
Sounds very reasonable, my stable day to day clock is 150 core and 500 ram, it's common to see core higher than 150 stable.

So say if i just went straight to 150/500 and it was fine, how much do i go up by everytime then check to see if its stable?
Also whats the quickest way to see if its stable, should i just let it run 3dmark?
Ill be using evga precision, is there stresstester good enough to use?

Last edited:
Soldato
So say if i just went straight to 150/500 and it was fine, how much do i go up by everytime then check to see if its stable?
Also whats the quickest way to see if its stable, should i just let it run 3dmark?
Ill be using evga precision, is there stresstester good enough to use?

I wouldn't start at 150/500, start at say 100/300 and go up by 10/50, I had heaven running on a stationary scene when I did this, I found heaven to be more sensitive to a max overclock that any games.

One good thing about Kepler is when you hit the max overclock it doesn't lock up, just crashes to desktop.

Soldato
I wouldn't start at 150/500, start at say 100/300 and go up by 10/50, I had heaven running on a stationary scene when I did this, I found heaven to be more sensitive to a max overclock that any games.

One good thing about Kepler is when you hit the max overclock it doesn't lock up, just crashes to desktop.

Thanks ill do exactly that:)

Also what stresstester should i use after everytime i increase my overclocks?

Edit: You used heaven in the background just constatly running?
Is that in window mode aswell?

Soldato
Edit: You used heaven in the background just constatly running?
Is that in window mode aswell?

Yes exactly that, I don't use anything like kombuster as I think they unnaturaly stress a card. I've found if heaven can run fine then games run fine.

I played through all of Batman AC and Crysis 2 with these clocks.

Edit: The only reason I had it on stationary rather than the demo loop was so I could check that each time I increased core or mem the actual fps went up as I have read people ending up with less fps with higher clocks, especially mem

Back
Top Bottom