** Official Horizon: Forbidden West Complete Edition Thread **

One must alt-tab though if certain members are rinsing you out and a reply is necessary :eek:

Lol. Well said sir. Well said :D

You know it's all in good faith though. Not sure about Noxia though, that lad might genuinely have a dislike for you :p:cry::D

• Wow
Reactions: mrk
AVATAR doesn't have RTGI though, only RT reflections and shadows :p

For me the only major thing that breaks immersion is the 2D fire in Forbidden West. Wtf were they thinking? I know it was a game originally made for PS4 but come on they could have made fire 3D for PS5...

Hard to say, I still think Last of Us has the absolute best implementation of screen space effects so far. That game just looks so good in nearly all areas and the volumetrics are a step above all of what we are seeing today in new releases.

That the 1st last of us? Completed it years ago may have to play it again if it looks that good, as it’s one of the greatest single player games ever :D

That the 1st last of us? Completed it years ago may have to play it again if it looks that good, as it’s one of the greatest single player games ever :D

I just played it and could not agree in the slightest. It felt that way when playing it on the PS3 though at the time. What is great about it is the story and graphics. Gameplay is good at best.

I just played it and could not agree in the slightest. It felt that way when playing it on the PS3 though at the time. What is great about it is the story and graphics. Gameplay is good at best.

Felt like reskinned uncharted to me. And that gameplay was stale by the 2nd.

• Haha
Reactions: TNA
I'm very impressed! The graphics are so good it looks like a high-end CGI movie. Really makes me want to get a HDR monitor now to do it justice.
It's running very well (as it should on a 4090), but I've not had any obvious glitches, hitches or bugs.
The only thing I would say is the keybinding isn't perfect - backspace for example is not bindable, and some of the conflict rules don't make much sense. Still, I've managed to get a fully playable scheme which is more than I can say for Helldivers.

I'm very impressed! The graphics are so good it looks like a high-end CGI movie. Really makes me want to get a HDR monitor now to do it justice.
It's running very well (as it should on a 4090), but I've not had any obvious glitches, hitches or bugs.
The only thing I would say is the keybinding isn't perfect - backspace for example is not bindable, and some of the conflict rules don't make much sense. Still, I've managed to get a fully playable scheme which is more than I can say for Helldivers.

Can't wait for the second-gen 38" UW OLED's to come out.

Uncharted gameplay was worse though. It was so bad I struggled to complete that game on PC. The amount of repetitive stuff was mind numbing. But people lapped it up though.

I groaned every time I started seeing crates dotted about as I knew another boring combat was coming up.
Had no interest in TLOU2, story was quite good in the first but couldn't face playing the same old ***** again. Only thing I remember liking from it was seeing the giraffes.

I need to get a controller connected cos I've been climbing and doing some stupid stuff with mouse and keys. Barrel rolling etc when I didn't want to.

Lovely game though, pushing my rig to around 100-115 with everything on max

I really liked all of the Uncharted Legacy of Thieves games on PC, likewise Last of Us was excellent too. All were visually stunning, Uncharted had a lot of ARKOUR which was annoying, but not as annoying as the ones found in Jedi: Fallen Order and then to a lesser degree, Jedi: Survivor. Overall they were fun games just like Forbidden West seems to be, yet I didn't like Zero Dawn after 9 hours or so due to the tedious trapsing across the landscape doing faff. This 2nd game feels like each area is its own biome unlike HZD which was more open and tedious. The same reason I ended up ditching Days Gone with 39.6 hours on the Steam clock.

Another observation, stand in front of a light coloured object like a cinder block (video below), and pull out your bow and go to aim. Watch the bow as it ghosts agianst the white cinder block.

I initially saw this and thought "oh no the DLSS naysayers will be out in full force when one of them catches wind of this".

But then I thought let's see what it's like with XeSS, native, FSR.... All upscalers and even native/DLAA have ghosting :D

Now I'm curious if the PS5 version had ghosting in this sort of scenario too.

I have not seen ghosting any other time... Yet.

I suspect that the PS5 version will have this too since it is an unfiltered direct port to PC with some PC specific advantages and not much else.

I have not played with controller yet because the mouse feels so good, will likely just continue playing with K/KB now.

That the 1st last of us? Completed it years ago may have to play it again if it looks that good, as it’s one of the greatest single player games ever
:D

It's Part 1, which is the remake of the first game yeah but with the updated visuals. It genuinely does look amazing on PC with the highest settings.

Oh yeah, in any game where there's fire I have to try this out, can you burn if you stand in fire?

Computer says no :( - C'mon Guerilla Games, even Zelda got this right yonks ago lol.

Can't wait for the second-gen 38" UW OLED's to come out.

I am just going to go to the 4K one later this year and see how I get on. No more borders as a bonus. Keep getting them even now in this game as you go cut scene.

I groaned every time I started seeing crates dotted about as I knew another boring combat was coming up.
Had no interest in TLOU2, story was quite good in the first but couldn't face playing the same old ***** again. Only thing I remember liking from it was seeing the giraffes.

Exactly. Hated those crates. How many bloody times...

I will only get TLOU2 if I have nothing else left to play I think. Which is extremely unlikely.

I really liked all of the Uncharted Legacy of Thieves games on PC, likewise Last of Us was excellent too. All were visually stunning, Uncharted had a lot of ARKOUR which was annoying, but not as annoying as the ones found in Jedi: Fallen Order and then to a lesser degree, Jedi: Survivor. Overall they were fun games just like Forbidden West seems to be, yet I didn't like Zero Dawn after 9 hours or so due to the tedious trapsing across the landscape doing faff. This 2nd game feels like each area is its own biome unlike HZD which was more open and tedious. The same reason I ended up ditching Days Gone with 39.6 hours on the Steam clock.

Another observation, stand in front of a light coloured object like a cinder block (video below), and pull out your bow and go to aim. Watch the bow as it ghosts agianst the white cinder block.

I initially saw this and thought "oh no the DLSS naysayers will be out in full force when one of them catches wind of this".

But then I thought let's see what it's like with XeSS, native, FSR.... All upscalers and even native/DLAA have ghosting :D

Now I'm curious if the PS5 version had ghosting in this sort of scenario too.

I have not seen ghosting any other time... Yet.

I suspect that the PS5 version will have this too since it is an unfiltered direct port to PC with some PC specific advantages and not much else.

I have not played with controller yet because the mouse feels so good, will likely just continue playing with K/KB now.

It's Part 1, which is the remake of the first game yeah but with the updated visuals. It genuinely does look amazing on PC with the highest settings.

Oh yeah, in any game where there's fire I have to try this out, can you burn if you stand in fire?

Computer says no :( - C'mon Guerilla Games, even Zelda got this right yonks ago lol.

Lol. And I really enjoyed Days Gone and HZD. Much better games than Uncharted imo.

So far found that as much as frame gen does add to the smoothness of the game, I get artifacts on Aloys face on certain angles. First game I have seen framegen fail so far.

Now reached the Forbidden west and chilling out in the Chain town, have to say the visuals get more impressive once you are in the West, one thing that really stands out is the facial animations of NPCs you talk to, they are so convincing, whatever mo-cap they used is superb here, and love the background music score that comes and goes depending on the context, like in the bar there the drum beat rhythm is quite awesome.

For some reason the Nvidia App does not record gameplay footage at 120fps when playing at DLDSR in this game, it falls back to 60fps recording which means the motion pacing doesn't feel as fluid as it does when playing the game. This video above is at 3440x1440 DLAA and is at 120fps recording framerate, there's even less of a difference with DLAA vs DLSS at this res I've found so will probably just stick to DLAA native for this now, game runs at over 100fps with that combo without frame gen which is quite remarkable. Not even Last of Us could manage 100fps on the 4090 without having to use upscaling if I recall lol.

Also noticed how snow reacts which reminded me of RDR2, didn't think any other game had this type of snow ploughing as you moved through...

Edit*

I've been playing for 7.5 hours :eek:

Last edited:
  • Wow
Back
Top Bottom