** Official Horizon: Forbidden West Complete Edition Thread **

I use FG and more than happy with it. The upside is a lot more than the downside for me so I keep it on. But then again I don't have a 4090 :p

I get above 100 fps also, but that is because of FG :cry:

I use FG and more than happy with it. The upside is a lot more than the downside for me so I keep it on. But then again I don't have a 4090 :p

I get above 100 fps also, but that is because of FG :cry:

4080 Super OC here :D
I guess you're both also on ultrawide monitors so a bit more demanding on performance compared to my regular 1440p - but I'm comfortably sitting at 100-120fps with my setup currently without any FG (although I am using FSR quality at the moment to make sure I sit above 100 in the more demanding areas).

Honestly, it's just nice to play the game above 60fps with everything maxed out. It looks great and it plays great, why can't all PC releases be this well done?! I'm still impressed at myself for stuttering through Jedi Survivor.

On a 4090 there are some dips to 90fps like in the main area of Plainsong, not sure why other than that area is just busy because graphically it's nowhere near the level of density as many other areas which run at over 120fps - It's got fps variations like that and during those times there is no excess usage on CPU ether to explain the variance. I guess it's just the engine doing funky things.

That is on a 4090 and 12700KF for reference.

I want to buy this so I hooked my OLED TV up to my computer but I couldn't get the TV to output in 4k 100/120hz. My 2019 LG TV has 4 HDMI 2.1's but nothing I did would get it to show a display unless I was in TV mode at a max of 60hz.

I checked back in my Amazon history and the 7.5m HDMI lead I bought in 2019, when I bought the TV, is only a 2.0. Ordered a 7.5m 2.1 that should be delivered by 1500 today so assuming I have success tonight I shall be all over this game. I loved the first one on the PS4.

Small update on Steam available when my better half finished her morning HFW fix. :cry:

Also

GeForce 552.12 WHQL driver

Fixed Gaming Bugs:
Horizon Forbidden West: Resizable BAR profile [4496595]

Decent changelog in the small patch today:

• Remapping TAB now works correctly.
  • Added HUD Widescreen Scale options to the settings menu.
  • Various optimizations and stability improvements.
  • Custom difficulty settings now work correctly.
  • Improved Shieldwing responsiveness when using mouse and keyboard controls.
  • Fixed graphic corruption on waterfalls when using DLSS Frame Generation.
  • Fixed lighting issues that could occur in Tenakth settlements.
  • Master Vibration Intensity for DualSense controllers no longer resets with each game session.
  • HDR settings have been moved to the display menu to allow live viewing of changes.
  • The option to disable letterboxing in cinematics when using ultra-wide aspect ratios is now also available from the launcher.
  • Fixed visual issues with save previews when HDR is enabled.
  • Various minor UI fixes.

Last edited:
ooof, game not working now!

Loads game into main menu, click load game and all the screens for loading are black. Selecting any of them and the game tries to load a save but stuck at quarter bar. Think the update just corrupted my game :(

Woop HUD is now better placed, was a bit weird considering Zero Dawn had an ultrawide HUD layout and this didn't. Also looks like frametime graph line is flatter now than before:

lIdLwu8.jpeg

ooof, game not working now!

Loads game into main menu, click load game and all the screens for loading are black. Selecting any of them and the game tries to load a save but stuck at quarter bar. Think the update just corrupted my game :(

Starting to wonder if pebkac at this point :p

Starting to wonder if pebkac at this point :p

Right... Seems to be affecting people in different ways

alessi18 has Horizon Forbidden West™ Complete Edition 2 hours ago
black screen upon launching the game, was working fine before the update

So much for stability improvements. 1.1.47 now crashes my game instantly on boot

Shader hang on save load

Will wait for a hotfix :cool:

It does do a new shader compilation on first loading the save after the new Nvidia driver is installed as is standard for all games post-driver update. This took about 40 seconds. Game then loads in 5 seconds after as normal.

Does it still have the underground ruins with the voice recorder things left around or did we exhaust that from the first games?
Do you mean the museum or the shard like things you scan and can hear people's voice logs and stuff?

Yeah you had to scan them. I think they were just like normal buildings back in the day like the ones where you could read or maybe actually it was voice recordings and it was saying how they were all trapped and they all probably going to die down there. In the first game it was talking about how the machines came to be but I feel there were multiple of them.
Deffo not the cauldrons.
I've not written that in English but you get the gist.
I think a few of them were where you got the pieces in order to get that special armour.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom