** Official Horizon: Forbidden West Complete Edition Thread **

The install of Mortal Kombat 11 is ~153GB

Looks like those specs are for raster performance too. The game supports upscaling and frame gen, so those wondering about their systems not meeting the cut, you can just enable FSR/DLSS and gain more fps easily.
Good shout, I haven't played that many new games so keep forgetting DLSS is a thing :p

Google tells me Ark Survival is 250-400gb

@PaulM I forget too, too many acronyms for me to remember. I just know DLSS is the one that gives me extra frames and has options from performance to quality.

Then there is the one that allows you to render the game higher than native where you have the GPU headroom.

Last edited:
How the hell is Mortal Kombat so big? It's a beatemup!
No idea I was surprised when I went to install it too. The main game is 100GB and then it's an extra 55GB for the Story / 4K Story which both install by default (on the MS Store version anyway). It doesn't even look particularly good

Reactions: mrk
Even without the 4k video parts it's 100Gb, which is 50GB too big for a game like that where you don't explore massive 3D worlds lol. I guess they just said no to texture compression or something.

I picked up the first one on Steam recently for about £8. Only played it for 3 days and have like 15 hours already in it on my Rog Ally - and I am only just getting to the Daytower!! Excellent game so shame the second one seems to be getting so much negativity.

I picked up the first one on Steam recently for about £8. Only played it for 3 days and have like 15 hours already in it on my Rog Ally - and I am only just getting to the Daytower!! Excellent game so shame the second one seems to be getting so much negativity.

Id bear in mind the following re negatives.

The first had a compelling story to me because I wanted to find out how the world came to be and there are various other elements you'll discover as you play. The setup for the sequel wasn't that interesting to me and I generally favour story above all else. There wasn't as much mystery but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist as you go further in.

Secondly, while there were new enemies and weapons, the game was pretty much the same so I didn't feel that enthusiastic. It's the same reason I got bored of Uncharted by 3 and I cant play more than one of the Yakuza games (1-6) because they are all the same core gameplay wise. Oddly though I've not had this issue with Assassin's creed, they do vary slightly or a lot in some cases like Black Flag but maybe the settings compensate for it.

I am unsure how it would be received if I played FW first and just had a vague idea what happened in the first game+dlc.

Oh and the technical aspects on PS5 at the time put me off, so that would hopefully not be a issue on pc release though there may be new technical issues to begin with. Not sure how the first port is.

I can't say it's a bad game, I only played it and hour, I just recognised the reasons why I wasn't that excited to start it. And actually I can't recall what the gap was between me finishing the DLC from the first one and starting forbidden West.

Last edited:
nnnWPGh.png

Lol....

• Haha
Reactions: TNA
Id bear in mind the following re negatives.

The first had a compelling story to me because I wanted to find out how the world came to be and there are various other elements you'll discover as you play. The setup for the sequel wasn't that interesting to me and I generally favour story above all else. There wasn't as much mystery but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist as you go further in.

Secondly, while there were new enemies and weapons, the game was pretty much the same so I didn't feel that enthusiastic. It's the same reason I got bored of Uncharted by 3 and I cant play more than one of the Yakuza games (1-6) because they are all the same core gameplay wise. Oddly though I've not had this issue with Assassin's creed, they do vary slightly or a lot in some cases like Black Flag but maybe the settings compensate for it.

I am unsure how it would be received if I played FW first and just had a vague idea what happened in the first game+dlc.

Oh and the technical aspects on PS5 at the time put me off, so that would hopefully not be a issue on pc release though there may be new technical issues to begin with. Not sure how the first port is.

I can't say it's a bad game, I only played it and hour, I just recognised the reasons why I wasn't that excited to start it. And actually I can't recall what the gap was between me finishing the DLC from the first one and starting forbidden West.
I definitely agree re: the compelling story part.

I loved Zero Dawn, I got the platinum 100% trophy on PS4 and played the DLC - then bought it again when it came out on Steam and completed it then again too. For me, the story was entirely the reason why I kept playing the game and why I enjoyed it so much.

I've also played and completed Forbidden West on PS5. There were definitely some technical issues at launch - but I actually stopped playing it for 3 months because Elden Ring came out and I couldn't put it down - so by the time I came back to it these were all mostly resolved.

It's definitely a better game from a purely gameplay perspective. The weapon wheel, the inventory storing, crafting on the fly, glidewing etc. are all so much better in FW so the actual gameplay experience is great. I struggled with the story initially (not because it's bad) for exactly the same reasons as you, the lack of 'mystery' about what happened sort of put me off but the story really ramps up after the first third and at the midway point it's really good.

I don't think the story is as good as Zero Dawn but it definitely improves once you get through the opening phase of the game - and there are some genuine 'oh ****' moments when certain things are revealed.

Excited for the PC release now, it's also a stunning looking game too so it'll look/run even better on PC hardware.

Last edited:
Reactions: TNA
For me, the only improvements in FW were the overall graphical fidelity and character models/facial animations. Both gameplay and story were a step backwards from the original game. The devs didn't manage to address the flaws with melee combat, and made bow/weapon combat more convoluted and unwieldy. Still a good game, but not quite in the same tier as HZD.

Two days left :D

Gotta wait for CDKEYS to do their usual day of release keys send-outs :mad:

You don't have a 1GB line anymore? :p

Or too eager to get on with the beta testing? :D

But yea, those guys are always late with keys. They should hand them out 24 hours before at least.

Back
Top Bottom