*** Official Hyperoptic Discussion Thread ***

Soldato
Thanks, chaps. Very interesting, and MacRS4 that ping is fantastic. Here's my 'gigabit' VM connection for comparison (it hardly counts when it's only 50 megs upstream):

Screenshot-2021-10-13-at-10-41-31.png

Soldato
Very happy with Toob, everything working amazing, very good for £25 a month .

This is with their own router and a cat5 cable, need to get some cat6 ones from Amazon today.

Edit..can someone remind me how to alter the size of the image? I remember vaguely you have to add a "s" or "l" etc somewhere in the line but can't remember where.

06aoaLi.png

Last edited:
Soldato
I've just tried my iPhone 12 on AC WiFi on a 1Gbps HyperOptic and it's averaging about 300-350Mbps. About the same on my S21 Ultra - About 400Mbps uploads on the Ultra though, weirdly.

I've a WiFi 6 router sat here I keep meaning to swap in.

Soldato
What have people's experiences been of the Nokia router HO supply with faster packages, any good? Seen a number of people on Reddit and other sites saying they went back to their previous one (Zyxel?) because of stability issues, just wondered whether those were issues early-on.

Soldato
I've just tried my iPhone 12 on AC WiFi on a 1Gbps HyperOptic and it's averaging about 300-350Mbps. About the same on my S21 Ultra - About 400Mbps uploads on the Ultra though, weirdly.

I've a WiFi 6 router sat here I keep meaning to swap in.

Well, I should have swapped to this WiFi 6 router sooner.

2021-10-23WiFi6.jpg

Soldato
Loving my cheap £20 1GB connection plus £5 for a fixed IP. Have a few people on my Plex server at high bandwidth settings with no issues. Download speeds are excellent.

Soldato
Supposed to be getting this installed on Monday. Not convinced it'll happen, it showed up as available to order a few weeks ago and a couple of neighbours put orders in; one was cancelled due to a system error and the other had an engineer come out who said the building isn't connected yet and wouldn't be for some time. I did ask the question when I rearranged my install but they didn't really answer it so I suppose we'll see, perhaps if they keep sending installers out who then can't get the job done they'll take some notice and actually start communicating with us a bit better.

Soldato
Would seem my doubts were unfounded, the installation on Monday went perfectly and the guy was happy to run the cable and install the kit in the room I wanted, so for the first time in a long time, my PC is hard wired into the router again.

A before and after of Speedtest from my phone on the day:

rHOKGeSl.jpg

5CaSaCal.jpg

3INszPhl.jpg

It's crazy to think that tiny cable running along the skirting on the right of the image is delivering 1Gbps speeds.

Downloading a game from Steam at 114MB/sec has also been a sight to behold. :D

Last edited:
Associate
I just had my hyperoptics installed and did a speed test. very similar to what BT was giving me but i noticed loaded latency at 17ms on hyperoptics where loaded latency was 6ms on BT. Both normal latency came in at 4ms. Not complaining but that is a difference worth noting and wonder if anyone else experienced the same?

Soldato
Wow HO latency is incredible looking at your ping results, blows mine out of the water @jscheah.
I'm on Vodafone's FTTP which uses CityFibre's build, here's my results to add to the list.
It was 8ms~ at one point, but they seemed to have improved their network which has taken it to ~2ms

MnmhIJR.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom