***Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread***

Soldato
3 day weekend starting here...anyone else about?

Am trying to get on the OcUK ones but just got ****ing kicked from one by a clan who someone had crashed out from. Not impressed. Non steam group members shouldn't be allowed to kick group members.

Was your screen name apollo by any chance? It was not really a clan game as there were a few H|H players in my lobby and I used the ocuk server as I saw it was free and we were having issues finding a decent server. It was explained to you that the space you took was taken as the guy had crashed out and was coming back. If you are a regular with the l4d ocuk gamers you would know this is common practice

Soldato
Thanks to Rihard, Nutrition and the other guys whose name I forgot (sleepy or sneaky something or other ;) )

Played Dead Center and had 3 goes at the finale only to fail it 3 times (we had no idea of the map or where to go and were taking it steady.......too steady in that finale)

In the end at 1am I had to get some sleep coz of work this morning. Sorry I couldn't finish it guys.

ColonelK

Caporegime
3 day weekend starting here...anyone else about?

Am trying to get on the OcUK ones but just got ****ing kicked from one by a clan who someone had crashed out from. Not impressed. Non steam group members shouldn't be allowed to kick group members.

If someone crashed out and is coming back you shouldn't have to be kicked you should leave :/

Stealing someones spot and refusing to leave is a dick thing to do.

Caporegime
they seem to have changed the names of some achievements, a lot of mine have been reset to 0 (like collect bile from downed ceda agents)

Soldato
who's up for expert parish?
I am. Lyon too probably, if he is around.
If someone crashed out and is coming back you shouldn't have to be kicked you should leave :/
Quoted this as it's spot on. If you join a server and hear, "sorry man, that's someone's spot", the only appropriate response is "ok, np" and then disconnecting. It's never personal and shouldn't be taken that way.

On another note....

Is anyone else starting to notice the delay with voice comms with L4D2? It was there in L4D, but I feel like it's more pronounced with L4D2. For example, the other day I was in a team with someone who obviously used a standalone mic and press-to-talk. It felt like my words were being relayed to me three seconds after I spoke them - in the same way that I seem to get "smoker" messages after the smoker has been taken out. I am beginning to think that either there is an issue with my voice comms (which I find hard to believe) or we should look at third-party voice software (Vent, TS2 or Mumble) for when we are playing things like Expert or realism. Obviously, stuff like scavenge, versus and anything less than expert and it's a bit of overkill, but I think it might make a difference in the more "serious" attempts - unless it's just me :D

Associate
Is anyone else starting to notice the delay with voice comms with L4D2? It was there in L4D, but I feel like it's more pronounced with L4D2. For example, the other day I was in a team with someone who obviously used a standalone mic and press-to-talk. It felt like my words were being relayed to me three seconds after I spoke them - in the same way that I seem to get "smoker" messages after the smoker has been taken out. I am beginning to think that either there is an issue with my voice comms (which I find hard to believe) or we should look at third-party voice software (Vent, TS2 or Mumble) for when we are playing things like Expert or realism. Obviously, stuff like scavenge, versus and anything less than expert and it's a bit of overkill, but I think it might make a difference in the more "serious" attempts - unless it's just me :D
I haven't noticed anything, but that doesn't mean it's not there :) It's probably better to use 3rd party stuff for expert runs anyway

Caporegime
Never noticed delay here.

Except from, the obvious if someone has their mic on (with speakers) at the same time you speak and you hear yourself a second later.

but that only because it's your latency to server + thier latency to server + processing time on their machine + their latency to server again + your latency to server a second time + your processing time.

Man of Honour
I am. Lyon too probably, if he is around.

Quoted this as it's spot on. If you join a server and hear, "sorry man, that's someone's spot", the only appropriate response is "ok, np" and then disconnecting. It's never personal and shouldn't be taken that way.

On another note....

As always, my mumble server at quake.fragm.co.uk is free to use.

I might put a more updated one on linktart soon and publish the signup link/etc.

Man of Honour
Would you rather he was a swallower? :D

And Frenchy, thanks. I actually downloaded Mumble about ten minutes ago as I intended signing up for a three month free trial with one of the game server hosts, but I'll just check that out instead :D

Cool stuff :)

You don't need to register to use it, but doing so gives you a few more options (such as creating channels/etc). Link to register is here:

http://quake.fragm.co.uk/mumble/register.cgi

If you don't register, just sign in with any made-up username and no password :)

Associate
Ok so im buying L4d 2 in a few hours but i dont have a (land line/cable) internet connection. Only a mobile 3G connection through my Nokia N95. Dont get me wrong its fast (not 50MB cable line im getting installed next week) but its got a 1GB fairuse policy limit.

What do you think the data transfer is for L4d? Is the single player that bad or can i have some fun untill the 24th?

Man of Honour
Ok so im buying L4d 2 in a few hours but i dont have a (land line/cable) internet connection. Only a mobile 3G connection through my Nokia N95. Dont get me wrong its fast (not 50MB cable line im getting installed next week) but its got a 1GB fairuse policy limit.

What do you think the data transfer is for L4d? Is the single player that bad or can i have some fun untill the 24th?

Pretty sure you're looking at 6-9GB :S

Single player isn't anywhere near as good, but could still be fun to play through.

Back
Top Bottom