***Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread***

Associate
Hah, I just noticed that Lyon still has his console newb hints on :D

Anyway, tomorrow I shall be attempting at least one campaign in Expert, now that I have witnessed all finales, it's time to step my game up. So, anyone who wants a game, let me know. Let me just make it clear again - if you wanna rush, **** about, be a prima donna or use nothing but melee, then this isn't for you, so don't bother :D
I couldn't have taken it, that's me in the pic on the bike noob! The Lyon needs no aids, only a hunting rifle and the ultimate prey; zombies. Sometimes steve will do though.

Anyway, i'm always game for expert, just shout.

Finished hard rain tonight. Really amazing campaign, I think the best bit was where we all agreed that we would step on the boat together, no matter what, only for me and ding to watch steve and wilkie fill their pants and leave us bleeding to death on the floor :p steve getting incaped by a tank on the edge of the boat made it worthwhile though :D

Soldato
Had a few epic trys at completing the bridge on expert with some guys!

We were absolutely walking it, about 2/3 of the way through and popped into a van for some supplies.

SPIIIIIIIIIIT

3 team members down as a horde came with us dieing and one guy injured badly who subsequently died. Never got close again and had to change it to Advanced to get it completed as it was late. Then 2 guys got felld by zombies in teh rush to the chopper who then got left behind.

I'm far more used to it now and seem to have reduced my FF a lot from the other day when I first started. Pretty good at long range sniping with an AK and covering. Rediscovered my love for this game.

Will be on when I'm back home from London this weekend on Sunday eve for many games :D

Soldato
had fun last night although I had no idea where I was going it seemed we all did terribly (advanced campaign on the bridge). THat was only my 2nd time playing l4d2, I think I need more tame settings to practice on.

My dying 3870 is out today for a 9800GTX+ SSC though so at least I can stop playing this in downscaled 1680x1050 with no AA :/

Associate
Cant see the point in the grenade launcher... takes too long to reload, only useful when the horde are grouped up (pipe bomb - which will kill them anyway) and the only other useful time is to shoot a swarm beating down on a friendly which is bad for obvious reasons....

Ive used it on the AI (if anyone has played SP... know what i means when i say the AI is beyond useless, you have more chance on your own. yesterday 2 of them left me on the floor as they ran down the house (the long way) on the swamp level to go and revive the other AI who was on the floor. my health when from 300 to 100 before they got me up. but thats not all... on the way back to me one of them went down again and the other 2 just left him on the floor and both ran all the way back up to me?! i had had enough of these numpties by this time so just bile bombed the 3 and legged it for the boat. Which worked... B-e-a-utifully!), err so yeah, ive used it on the AI on normal just because it doesnt do too much dmg but any other case I cant see the point

Associate
Has anyone got splitscreen with 360 controller working? Managed to get split working fine but the controller always attaches to P1 and I can't find a way to move it :(

Try plugging in 2 360 controllers if you have them. That'll make one of them player 2.

If not, pull the controller out and plug it back in fast, and if you get the timing right it'll assign to player 2.

Associate
Cant see the point in the grenade launcher... takes too long to reload, only useful when the horde are grouped up (pipe bomb - which will kill them anyway) and the only other useful time is to shoot a swarm beating down on a friendly which is bad for obvious reasons....

Ive used it on the AI (if anyone has played SP... know what i means when i say the AI is beyond useless, you have more chance on your own. yesterday 2 of them left me on the floor as they ran down the house (the long way) on the swamp level to go and revive the other AI who was on the floor. my health when from 300 to 100 before they got me up. but thats not all... on the way back to me one of them went down again and the other 2 just left him on the floor and both ran all the way back up to me?! i had had enough of these numpties by this time so just bile bombed the 3 and legged it for the boat. Which worked... B-e-a-utifully!), err so yeah, ive used it on the AI on normal just because it doesnt do too much dmg but any other case I cant see the point
it's not even that powerful which is annoying... it is only useful against large groups... where a pipe bomb or shotgun will do a better job. 2 shots with grenade launcher against witch barely did any damage

Back
Top Bottom