***Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread***

Don
Ali95

I'd only play single player if I wanted to practice a certain part of a map on my own, it's the type of game that is multiplayer only really.. It'll get stale quickly if you just play on your own

Guys I can play on Saturday and Sunday.

I still have the Clown campaign to complete, we failed 3 times in a row on the finale the other night, I fancy doing this in expert to get it out of the way, anyone else? Steve? :D

I also have the Parish to go through

Permabanned
Took part in a completed Hard Rain last night, good fun - was on Normal though and still atmospheric, though id love to have had more action in the weeds part when you have the fuel.

Probably do the Parish one today.... not really liking the Swamp map, got to the end but never survived it as yet.

Associate
Looks like 3 disconnect your mobile internet when you hit the 1GB limit. lol. Apparantly its *unlimited (Internet Max £5 a month add-on).

*sorry we lied

Well il play the single player & get back in 'the zone'. Not played L4d for a month.

Associate
I think Data transfer during online play is minimal. I've recently installed a bandwidth monitor to check up on virgins throttling and dont think I broke 30mb after an evenings play.

Associate
I think Data transfer during online play is minimal. I've recently installed a bandwidth monitor to check up on virgins throttling and dont think I broke 30mb after an evenings play.

30MB is nothing & to be honest im getting the cable line installed on 24th so its not like im going to be using it again apart from the odd youtube clips etc.

Think il download a bandwidth monitor just incase.

MeLoveYouLong time returns!

Associate
I've seen them twice - once in Dead Center, once in Dark Carnival - and I've played a good 18 hours or so - so they're pretty rare! They're great though. Add an AK47/74 and you've got a winning combo :D

Lyon, you about today for a game? I have nothing planned all day.
Certainly am, give us a shout when you're ready.

Soldato
That mall level (chapter4) on dead center is a ***** on expert, the hordes just dont stop coming. We finally made it through the map limping to the end and a bloody tank was waiting there for us and took us out. Frustration at its worst!

Soldato
Goddam it, it's friday and my L4D2 hasn't arrived. Normally play delivers it on its day of release. I've ended up paying more to get it off play than off steam with the offer, also supposed to get it 3 days later despite paying more, and now I don't even get it 3 days later. Play can screw themselves, not using them again.

Associate
Was your screen name apollo by any chance? It was not really a clan game as there were a few H|H players in my lobby and I used the ocuk server as I saw it was free and we were having issues finding a decent server. It was explained to you that the space you took was taken as the guy had crashed out and was coming back. If you are a regular with the l4d ocuk gamers you would know this is common practice

yeah, well me and mates will do the same but for far less good reason lol so I can't really complain. but they coulda just votekicked right away instead of letting me sit there for 5 minutes before even thinking about it...

and I didn't realise you'd taken them in there I thought it was just a random server search they had ended up on ocuk...

besides, tell me you wouldn't be a bit irritated :p

my mate has put a server up for l4d2, will see if he'll let me add to OcUK group as well as ours

Last edited:
Associate
Eventually got to play some online games last night, no friends online so i went into a few random vs games, but quickly switched to scavenge as every game i played only lasted a map or so before half the teams quit.

But yeah played scavenge and its actually pretty fun even with randoms, nice short little rounds so people didn't RAGE and quit quite as much. Ended up on a good team with two other blokes using voice, and at one point we managed to pull back a 3 can deficit in overtime (seemed like 4-5mins of it but it cant have been) to win, with a few last second can grabs and screaming down the mics not to drop the cans! While franticly explaining overtime to them. Excellent fun

Associate
Eventually got to play some online games last night, no friends online so i went into a few random vs games, but quickly switched to scavenge as every game i played only lasted a map or so before half the teams quit.

But yeah played scavenge and its actually pretty fun even with randoms, nice short little rounds so people didn't RAGE and quit quite as much. Ended up on a good team with two other blokes using voice, and at one point we managed to pull back a 3 can deficit in overtime (seemed like 4-5mins of it but it cant have been) to win, with a few last second can grabs and screaming down the mics not to drop the cans! While franticly explaining overtime to them. Excellent fun
guess I should give scavenge a go if theres no versus games with spaces tonight :)

Associate
Possible fix for those having crashes, I'll be testing this out today

Paged Pool Memory Issues (Looping Sound Crash)

These crashes are most commonly a result of running out of a special type of memory called paged pool memory. Paged pool memory is allocated by the OS kernel for use in applications such as Direct3D resources. Running out of paged pool memory can result in Direct3D crashes (a.k.a. game crashes) and in the Steam.exe process using 100% of the processor. In some cases you may get an error message stating there is an issue with paged pool memory and/or there will be black textures and missing models. In most cases, you will not see any such error message - your game will simply crash and the sound will loop.
How to check your paged pool memory

1. Download and extract Process Explorer.
  2. Run Process Explorer. Press CTRL + i to bring up the System Information window.
  3. Run the game in a window.
    • Go to Steam's My games menu.
    • Right-click on the problematic game.
    • Select Properties > General > Set launch options.
    • Add -sw to the launch options.
    • Launch the game.
  4. Watch the System Information > Kernel Memory (K) > Paged Physical value. If the value exceeds 150MB, you are using too much paged pool memory.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?p_faqid=150

Soldato
30MB is nothing & to be honest im getting the cable line installed on 24th so its not like im going to be using it again apart from the odd youtube clips etc.

Think il download a bandwidth monitor just incase.

MeLoveYouLong time returns!

Yer you shouldn't hit your limit also I think most mobile phone companies allow 1 month where you can go over the limit but if you keep going over your limit you will be warned/cut off for the month.

But I've never used 3G so I'm not sure, just what I've read :D

Soldato
Cant see the point in the grenade launcher...

its good for a tank beatdown

Ahah, as mentioned by Euology and Kearny earlier, we played Dark Carnival last night on Expert, took us 4 hours to complete.

At one point we had 3 people in capped, a tank on fire and he was chasing our last guy who had the nade launcher. He managed 8 launchers into him and the tank still chased him down and battered him. Tank beatdown...not so sure, it doesn't even slow him down.

However:

grenade launcher is good in finales if used in the right way. In our expert finale last night it was a great

Essentially I think the carnival finale on expert took us about 8 tries or so. We almost had it the second but due to the way it pans out, there is a little luck involved at the end really and we lost and had to repeat.

We could have done it several times, but leaving people behind and we all wanted to survive for the achievement. The key on that finale is location and weapon choice. You need a good spread, auto's, rifles and the nade launcher is almost a must.

Who else is doing the campaigns on expert at the moment? I see most people talk of normal/advanced here. Only asking because I'm finding it a refreshing challenge after L4D1.

Took us two hours to do Dead Centre (1st campaign) on tuesday and took almost 4hrs last night to do Dark Carnival. That was mainly due to the damn events which are quite rock solid (especially map 4!!).

Just wondering if they had such a difficult time, gave up, haven't tried yet or just found it easy?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom