***Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread***

Man of Honour
Associate
Thanks to Rihard, Nutrition and the other guys whose name I forgot (sleepy or sneaky something or other ;) )
ColonelK

Cheers, went til 3am :) we're doing a three day weekend too. Need an extra one player from now on too. Anybody? Just finishing Carnival now. Sick of Rochelle being an idiot :)

Soldato
Who else is doing the campaigns on expert at the moment? I see most people talk of normal/advanced here. Only asking because I'm finding it a refreshing challenge after L4D1.
I am - compared to L4D1 Expert, this is incredibly unforgiving.

Each time I've made it to the finale on Expert (four times now), one person has made it while three people were incapped :D

Sadly, on an Expert run, I'd probably die to give it another go if I was the last, even that close to the end - especially when you've pumped a few hours into it - on The Parish today, we made it through the entire campaign up to the finale with one restart (which was a team decision after a bit of a nightmare start on TP4) - but had 14 restarts before we got to the helicopter and.... one person made it :D The only downside was that we were slowly, slowly getting to grips with it - we had the run, the tank and the route sussed - it was one small mistake each time leading to a wipe (that's the unforgiving bit!).

Soldato
I'll be up for doing a campaign or two on advanced later tonight (11pm onwards) if anyone is up for it?

Had this game since launch and not had a proper go of it yet so expert will be way out of my reach.

Caporegime
Who else is doing the campaigns on expert at the moment? I see most people talk of normal/advanced here. Only asking because I'm finding it a refreshing challenge after L4D1.

most people like to do advanced a few times first as you can explore more easily.

Associate
Ahah, as mentioned by Euology and Kearny earlier, we played Dark Carnival last night on Expert, took us 4 hours to complete.

At one point we had 3 people in capped, a tank on fire and he was chasing our last guy who had the nade launcher. He managed 8 launchers into him and the tank still chased him down and battered him. Tank beatdown...not so sure, it doesn't even slow him down.

However:

Essentially I think the carnival finale on expert took us about 8 tries or so. We almost had it the second but due to the way it pans out, there is a little luck involved at the end really and we lost and had to repeat.

We could have done it several times, but leaving people behind and we all wanted to survive for the achievement. The key on that finale is location and weapon choice. You need a good spread, auto's, rifles and the nade launcher is almost a must.

Took us two hours to do Dead Centre (1st campaign) on tuesday and took almost 4hrs last night to do Dark Carnival. That was mainly due to the damn events which are quite rock solid (especially map 4!!).

Just wondering if they had such a difficult time, gave up, haven't tried yet or just found it easy?

I played on parish on expert with link, defrag and POD, we didnt get too far and had had enough of the constant horde (seamed like every 60 seconds we would be swamped) its sooo hard but the only way to play i think, Ive played and completed a few on advanced and it just doesn't compare to expert in so many ways, wouldnt mind a go on realism but want to finish all the maps on expert first before going to realism / Versus

Soldato
Don't you just hate ragers. Was playing a 4 Vs 4 against 4 german players. To be fair they were the better team players with better coordinated attacks, but we were only 100 points behind so they weren't exactly kicking our arses. We were on the 3rd chapter of the parish, when 1 of our team mates did a splendid smoke when the others jumped down. They couldn't get to him and so the smoker incapped him. Seconds later we got a tank which took the remaining 3 clan mates out, and they all RQ saying the server was too laggy. Best about it was, the server was in germany!!

Soldato
Seems there are some poor sportsman like tactics appearing in some friends games these days - I hope this is only a 1 off but if tactics like the one i've just seen (and yes I raged before I started typing profanities into the chat window) become more apparent, tis a sad sad day for the ocuk community. :mad:

For those that know me, I hate ragers and the fact I had to leave makes me mad with myself. Of course there are no rules to say an opposing team should'nt rush into the safe room when the door automatically opens and a team mate is afk but i'd have come to expect more from ocuk players.

I shall say no more on this matter.

Back
Top Bottom