***Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread***

Quickest way for me to learn as campaign with bots is useless and just gives you some knowledge of the map but not tactics of the map in vs.
Forgetful Fish

Yeah i see what you mean about the learning of the maps. You get players that say "you learn the maps more when you play campaign" but IMO You learn exactly the same and more when you play as infected because you're learning where to spawn, choke points, danger points, points of no return, and you're also learning from a survivors point of view of the chain of events and crescendos when you're waiting to spawn. The procedure of events is exactly the same whether playing campaign or vs, so why not treat yourself to some infected play in between levels and play vs, instead of a solid 2 hours campaign?

It's even more of a challenge on vs, but these players that play campaign cant handle the pressure of a competitive match, so they choose hopeless bot boomers, chargers etc to play against instead. They would rather play the computer instead of other people :D

Joking aside, the only reason i can see to play campaign is for the achievements.

Last edited:
Seems there are some poor sportsman like tactics appearing in some friends games these days - I hope this is only a 1 off but if tactics like the one i've just seen (and yes I raged before I started typing profanities into the chat window) become more apparent, tis a sad sad day for the ocuk community. :mad:

For those that know me, I hate ragers and the fact I had to leave makes me mad with myself. Of course there are no rules to say an opposing team should'nt rush into the safe room when the door automatically opens and a team mate is afk but i'd have come to expect more from ocuk players.

I shall say no more on this matter.
I was there - and I literally had no clue what was going on - one moment I was nattering away, waiting for Brood to get back, I heard the door open, the next a charger is in the saferoom, Brood has a jockey dragging him into the swamp and I'm boomered and screaming like a girl.
Time to start naming names I think.
No, I don't think that's necessary.
but when the door opens and one of you rushes out, what do you expect the infected to do, sit and count you all just to be sure.

leave safe room = we think you're all present and correct and attack.
I honestly did not think anyone had left the saferoom. I heard the door open and then bang, the proverbial hit the fan. As for the latter incident, I have no idea what happened, as I was afk for the entire thing (and I did say!).

Less specifically....
I think Defrag might be talking about something more general as well. I have noticed with the release of L4D2 that people are being a little... I dunno, less tolerant. The other day, we had a Parish Versus game, friends-only, and before the end of the first turn there had been FOUR RQs. It's made for some unpleasant atmospheres on servers at times. Perhaps it's only me that's noticed, but I feel there is a definite difference to the atmosphere in L4D2.

haha, just had an awesome versus game :) well, in the sense that we absolutely destroyed them. held them to 17 points one round, and ended up winning by nearly 2k :)

Stupid ******* wireless, was having a good game and learning very quickly what the hell to do and my wireless disconnected from the router not a happy bunny, sorry to Meths, IB and (The other guy :confused:)

Not a problem. We thought you just got fed up and left but since you've got an excuse we'l let you off.:D

Played though to the finale on Advanced and got repeatedly killed until we decided to drop the difficulty to normal as IB had to get to bed for work.

Couldn't believe how easy this game is on normal compared to advanced but expert must be nearly impossible in that damn shopping mall.

Not a problem. We thought you just got fed up and left but since you've got an excuse we'l let you off.:D

Played though to the finale on Advanced and got repeatedly killed until we decided to drop the difficulty to normal as IB had to get to bed for work.

Couldn't believe how easy this game is on normal compared to advanced but expert must be nearly impossible in that damn shopping mall.

I'm not the sort to rage quit i love playing games, but was a hell of a laugh especially the witch, nearly peed myself when it noticed me :D

Anyone have any idea why all the achievements I had are suddenly disappeared? :S

Yep mine have as well. Well I have 21 achievements in game but in stats its only showing as 5 :mad:. You'd think they would have sorted this by now ffs, was the same with L4D1. Glad i haven't attempted any of the harder achievements, i would have been really annoyed then.

Back
Top Bottom