***Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread***

Insanity Versus Updated:

General:
-Motd Updated
-Fixed so that Insanity should now fully work in Death Aboard 2
-Multiplayer mode now locked to Versus

Infected:
-Smoker Tongue Health decreased to 500 from 1000
-Jockey claw damage lowered from 6 to 5.
-Witch nolonger Instakills (unless the server is used on Realism Versus)

Makes Insanity slightly easier for survivors. :)

Last edited:
you removed insta kill witch???? but thats the only thing that makes her useful, even if only slightly

She's still faster and does more damage and has more health. Besides if you want instakill witch in Insanity now you can play Realism Versus. The rest of the Infected are already pretty strong so relying on the witch isn't really necessary anymore. Using her in conjunction however is pretty important still. L4D1 Insanity has been updated to include instakill witch however (as there's no realism versus in that).

Also feel free to use our OcUK servers. To set them to always get chosen when you start up a game create a new autoexec.cfg file in the left4dead2 game directory and add the following line:

mm_dedicated_force_servers 94.23.222.136:29021,94.23.222.136:29025,217.163.30.155:27015

Remove any spaces in the IPs above as otherwise you may get issues (The forum adds them or I would remove them).

Not sure - will have to look when I get home.

I do put the file into the cfg folder in the L4D2 folder, yes?

Yes.

You need to host the lobby for it to force to a server in your config file. Also make sure you remove all spaces from that line apart from the first one (between IP and the first IP address). All the ones in the IP should not be there.

Giving that a try now, weird that it only does it with ocuk servers :/

Haven't had any problems loading into them myself and haven't had others reported. :confused:

When there is a free slot on ocuk2 at some stage join it. It's a pub server so I can't really control whether you get kicked or not, but it'll at least help you find out if it's you or the server as they'll be others on there already.

Only thing I can think of is your trying to force a coop game onto the modded vs servers (OcUK 3-5), but even then it should still load. Things may just be more difficult than normal...

Not really, I find that the French love to send abuse. But then all you have to realise is 'their French...they already lost the lottery of life' and move on :)

Join Antar's list (under his URL) and add a ton of other players to your steam list. Then use the ocuk search key and use our servers. Will change the game.

Well, when the servers are back up anyway, that last update on Friday broke them all and OcUK 3 (modded, Insanity Versus server, see original post for more information) is back up, OcUK 4 is semi working (removed sourcemod temporarily), and currently fixing both other servers. Will post when they are working again.

Would be nice to get some 8 player friends only games going guys like old times. Every time i look, it's the same 4 players playing. Don't you guys ever think of inviting more 'mates', instead of playing against 4 pubs?

Every time I try it though I don't get enough people joining. L4D1 on the other hand...

That's why I tend to host more L4D1 VS games than L4D2. :p

Sooo, my game decided it wanted to play every game mode at once...

guifail.jpg

Lol. FAIL. :p

yeah, every change in confogl is against the survivor. Most stupid is not being able to fight the jockey; are they really that awful?

My modded server tries to keep things balanced while still making it hard for the survivors (they'll struggle to get through, but if they're slightly decent they should get close)

Insanity was always possible...still very hard for survivor tho... :p

Back
Top Bottom