***Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread***

Well I won't be able to play for the next few days the mofset/cpl chips on my mobo shorted out and have burnt/melted part of the mobo :(

Will post pics later when i can get on a pc, posting from the ps3 with mouse and kb hooked up to it :(

Bah Tefal you noob! :P

Gonna have to sort outy a reshuffle of the L4D2 servers methinks. Not enough usage atm for Insanity Versus and ocuk 1 is having problems (sigh). I'll do it at some stage this weekend...

I joined the steam community group thing a while ago if thats any use lol. I saw an event thing on it the other day (mentioned it in this thread) but havent seen one since :(

Unfortunately not enough people joined the 8v8 game so I've dropped the server for now and gave up. We may have more luck after The Passing is released however...

Still running the Insanity Versus server though. Complete list of changes (from the server's motd):

Insanity Versus:
General:
-No Mercy and Blood Harvest Installed

Survivors:
-Survivors now revive and heal faster
-Fire does 70% of expert damage
-Now have more health on revival
-Slowed by 15% in water

Infected:
-Ghost speed Increased
-Witch has double health, moves faster and does more damage
-Boomer Vomit delay removed
-Boomer can vomit when moving
-Boomer claw does more damage
-Smoker tongue range increased slightly, has more health and drags faster
-Hunter claw does more damage
-Max hunters=2
-Jockeys move faster
-Jockey Damage Delay Removed
-Chargers Charge further and do more max damage
-Tanks take longer to get frustrated
-Tanks take longer to Burn
-Tanks remain stunned for slightly less time when stunned by explosion
-Tanks health changed
-Can now select Infected class on spawn by pressing Reload button.
-2 tanks now appear at finale at a time
-Surprise at end of finale for survivors

Last edited:
Ingame name is ^0[FõŅZ]^2зŋžƠ, not sure about which server it was, sorry.

Sent you a steam request. Searched through logs and couldn't find anything on either of the Link to Insanity servers. (ocuk3+4.) OcUK 4 shouldn't be up much longer anyway though as they aren't getting used a lot these days :(

Not that I've set anything up knowingly, but have you been instantly banned from any other servers? As it could be a sourcemod name block thing...

Also, nobody should have banned you anyway as only me, FT and Defrag have banning rights on the server, unless you were votekicked or VACbanned for hacking (in which case there's nothing I can do).

Well that was amusing. I'm asked to join in a steam friends Team Versus game with a new player, I agree and we get put up against the ocuk crew :eek:

Still it was a good close game in the end, which we lost by 3 measily points! godammit! :(

Still, shows old linky can still give you all a run for your money, with the right team (even though I am getting pretty out of practice at this!) :p

And on top of that, you guys were beaten by a drunk! Link didn't even know who was winning half the time :rolleyes:

Well i'm sure you'll be glad to know i did another 500 words on my dissertation while you lot were shooting each other :(

Drunk? I wish, had work today and one of our workmates was off with a hangover...AGAIN!!!! :( Leaving us understaffed and very busy. Oh well, now for a curry, may be around for some TVS later guys... ;)

Ok guys, will upload the city17 map to ocuk3 (Insanity Versus 1 server) overnight so it is available. May upload to ocuk1+2 in the next week or so (vanilla).

I'm away next week though, so I won't be around for The Passing if it's released on time. :(

I'll get FT to update OcUK 1+2, Insanity Versus will have to wait though... ;)

Doh ><

Do Ellu/Defrag have the config so they could set it up on there own servers if need be? Would suck not to have insanity available. Since there are almost certainly going to be way too many kits for vanilla...

OcUK 7 (Defrag's server) and Ellusionist's modded server both remove medkits and include a few other mods. They just don't add some of the other fun stuff that Insanity does....

I'd be interested though im not one of the better players so might make a team a bit weak

Practice tactics and just get the basic things right, being aware, listening and staying close to your teamates and the rest will come. Some things such as aim may stay weak, but if you get those other points right then your team will do so much better. :)

I was asked by Tefal to post up the Insanity Versus Changes again so here they are.

Insanity Versus:
General:
-No Mercy and Blood Harvest Installed

Survivors:
-Survivors now revive and heal faster
-Fire does 75% of expert damage
-Now have more health on revival
-Slowed by 5% in water

Infected:
-Ghost speed Increased
-Witch has double health, moves faster and does more damage
-Boomer Vomit delay removed, can vomit when moving & claw does more damage
-Smoker tongue range increased slightly, has more health and drags faster
-Hunter claw does more damage, Maxium hunters at a time is now 2
-Jockeys move faster
-Chargers Charge further and do more max damage
-Tanks take longer to Burn, remain stunned for less time, health changed
-Can now select Infected class on spawn by pressing RELOAD button.
-2 tanks now appear at finale at a time
-Surprise at end of finale for survivors

IPs:

OcUK 3: 217.163.30.155:27015
OcUK 4: 217.163.10.204:27015

First post updated at the beginning of thread. :)

Last edited:
Looks like some interesting stuff tbh. Shame I won't be around much this week. I am so tempted to take my laptop with me so I can try out some coop stuff though. (My current laptop struggled with Versus in L4D1, so I doubt It'll go too far in L4D2! ;))

Logged on atm from my laptop. Some of the DLC things look good, but others look like disappointments. :( Oh well. Looking forward to trying it on Sunday night. May even jump on singleplayer tonight on here...as versus on l4d1 is bad, so I wont be trying l4d2 versus... :p

Back
Top Bottom