***Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread***

I'm up for a pro vs noob match. Also add me if anyone wants to run through the campaign. Haven't touched the campaign yet, just had a few games of versus.

Cheers mate, I'll accept it when I get back on my comp. On laptop at the minute.

you should play the campaigns first if you can, get the chance to absorb the campaign maps better imo

The link in the post is broken.

I must have downloaded it almost an hour ago and it worked fine - maybe the site is having issues.

If it doesn't come back a temp link I am providing below on my own hosting:

http://robbiekhan.co.uk/root/temp/Left_4_No_Mercy_v1_23.rar
(I rarred it so you will have to unrar and rename as per Eulogy's instructions)

I can't keep that live for too long though so mirrors will be needed!

Last edited:
Thanks mrk, I've got it now :)

Hippo, I do have it now so invite me this evening I will be able to play :p

EDIT: Ok, maybe not. I get a lot of pink walls and flashing error boxes around the level, is it something I've done wrong? I extracted the files to the right folder...

Last edited:
I had to rage a team game last night and I am very sorry for all involved but my team mates were truly truly shocking.
Some (not all) examples being:
  • One through a moli on me when there was clearly no purpose for doing so and I was standing clearly in sight.
  • All of them ignored me when the cola got boomed and I had to go get it to stop the horde
  • Constantly saving them only to be ignored when I was injured
  • Running off a lot whilst some of us were searching for needed meds etc and then when we ran the others stayed behind doing nothing but guarding corners!!!!
  • Not saving other downed team mates when they were clearly asking for assistance (after I had died).

All this was the type of behaviour that I have come to expect from noobs on public servers and I hope you know who you are because it was utterly disgraceful.

I was getting so frustrated my GF had a go at me, at this point I realised I wasn't having any fun and so had to assess why I was playing, hence the rage. So I am sorry to the other team for the quit, but I was well within my reason to do so.

There is bad, which I can handle and then there is ignorance, either learn to play Co-Op or go back to playing CoD

To be honest mate, in times like that it's very hard not to rage. Although if it is an OcUK game I wouldn't just because I can man up. I will rage, get moaned at by the Mrs but sometimes things just can't be helped.

Sounds like it was a bad game though. I had one similar the other night when I was on a team of reasonable players but against all the well known OcUK players essentially. Completely unbalanced, but we continued on, was a boring game but I stayed til the end.

Sucks but has to be done.

Sounds like it was a bad game though. I had one similar the other night when I was on a team of reasonable players but against all the well known OcUK players essentially. Completely unbalanced, but we continued on, was a boring game but I stayed til the end.
I think I was on your team. And yes, it was a frustrating game. Even without Insanity on, we got splatted. This is the curse of random.

To be honest, there are several levels of player within the OCUK community including some who are really clueless at L4D, but they're people's friends, family or colleagues and who am I to refuse to play or RQ because they don't meet my standards? I will play on, regardless. That said, I have no doubts about my own ability - I'm a dependable player, my occasional moments of genius countered by inexplicable actions of crass stupidity. Right down the middle, I think :D

I still maintain that we should consider, as a community, the old schoolyard method of picking teams. A couple of captains and the flip of a coin, then take turns. People laugh, but it's a good sight fairer than random. Having made the point, I think it would also be fair to consider a veto option - so that any player can deny the use of the system. As for me, I don't mind being picked last - it just means there's three better players on my team - hows that a bad thing? I've said it before in lobbies and the response has been generally positive. Who else thinks it's a good idea?

I had to rage a team game last night and I am very sorry for all involved but my team mates were truly truly shocking.
Some (not all) examples being:
  • One through a moli on me when there was clearly no purpose for doing so and I was standing clearly in sight.

Where you playing with midnight?:D

If teams are unfair, there's generally players willing to swap sides to even it up.
As for picking teams, it's a good idea. We've mentioned it in the Lobby/Vent a few times but not actually done it, however it will probably make the teams fairer from the start.

That was a shambles to be honest, communication was not good. Team was balanced with no noobs, Dave, Fish, POD and Minimal I think. Was just chaos, I took the cola to the top where you put it in the draw, got jockyed into one of the side rooms. Dave came up after a while and saved me then we all got boomered. Pod must have dropped down below to get the cola because for some reason it got blown off the top section below where the cars are. Nobody knew where the cola was or Pod lol. I just remember hearing Pod saying I am down here with the cola sombody bloody help me lol. When I went to help him I got taken out. Not sure what happened to Dave or Minimal.

We won anyway at the end, was just a temp hiccup that round.

But the cure for RQ is to play random public servers! Then you will learn patience! It is absolutely diabolical.

Forgetful Fish

Last edited:
I still maintain that we should consider, as a community, the old schoolyard method of picking teams. A couple of captains and the flip of a coin, then take turns. People laugh, but it's a good sight fairer than random. Having made the point, I think it would also be fair to consider a veto option - so that any player can deny the use of the system. As for me, I don't mind being picked last - it just means there's three better players on my team - hows that a bad thing? I've said it before in lobbies and the response has been generally positive. Who else thinks it's a good idea?

Would definitely be a bit fairer than random I think. Obvious choices for captain would be the first two into the lobby and then just take turns picking teams.

Where you playing with midnight?:D

LOL and no I had played a game with Midnight early in the day and we absolutely OWNED the non OcUK side and I mean utterly trampled on.
This highlights a point to me that the side we played against actually stayed all the way through the game in credit to them.

On the game in question however we were doing quite well as the infected, but it was as the survivors the lack of team work was so far gone it was horrific.

I dont mind losing, its all part of playing the game! It wasn't about the other team who I was fine with. It was about certain actions from team members.

Games are about playing for fun and that means messing around and a bit of foolery every now and then, but blatant stupidity and ignorance isn't any fun for anyone. L4D is a co-operative game and that does mean working as a group.

Everyone is guilty of running off once in a while (I know I have a terrible habit of thinking everyone is right behind me), but I know this and actively try to make sure I am following someone else and also not hanging about searching every room.

Just hanging around till the game is over is no way of claiming the moral high ground in regards to poor play. I don't believe in raging because your losing that is just weak, but I do refuse to play a game where my team mates may as well be bots (Anyone can push the mouse around for 30 mins).

Last edited:
I was getting so frustrated my GF had a go at me,

+1,

every time I start playing my GF jumps at me and start kissing me,

me: stop it I m playing with friends, its..... ahhhh i can't see
gf: laughing and kissing me
me: push her away
gf: jumps back again
me: nooooooooooooooooooooooooo, ican't see (angry face)
gf: laugh

ehm! Women don't understand, they belong in the kitchen

:D

Back
Top Bottom