***Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread***

Good game mr Eulogy and the rest. Sorry had to dash wife was getting irate :)

would like to do it again though

GG mate, yeah for sure let me know when you wanna game normally a bunch of us around in the evenings :)

I think I know why the NM5 finale wouldn't trigger, basically it's down to the scenes.image file which doesn't contain the entries for the radio sounds. I am probably going to run another test tomorrow night packaged into a VPK file (maps have to stay out of the VPK file though) and it should work better!

Have just started playing this in earnest now and have to say it is a great improvement over the first one (all be it bloody hard, lol).

One thing i have to say is that the server selection is still as bad as it ever was on L4D :(. It either cant find a server or finds one and kicks me after 2-20secs, and the other people in the game.

Joined one of the OcUK servers a couple of nights back and it was fine, though the campaign servers werent available last night so had to find a random one and play with a ping of 150-200 :(.

Other than the server issue, like is said above, i am really enjoying the game and :D :D :D the Deagle.

Are you putting keys/ dedicated force ips in?

mm_dedicated_force_servers 217.163.30.155:27015,217.163.10.204:27015 -insanity

mm_dedicated_force_servers 94.23.222.136:29021,94.23.222.136:29025,94.23.222.136:29029 -vanilla (i think, i only really use insanity)

Last edited:
One thing i noticed is that you cant get the console up in the main menu (like you used to be able to) only in-game :confused:

With L4D i would always use sv_searchkey ocuk in the main menu or lobby and more often than not would connect to the ocuk server :). Up until last night, all of the ocuk servers appeared in my server list on the main menu so could select one of them and thus bypass the lobby screen.

Last night the only ocuk server listed was 4v4 versus which was full anyway :(.

With regards to the console, is it worth just joining any old game, whacking in the search key, leaving, creating a new lobby and starting again as it seems a bit of a long winded way of doing things.

Though looking at the above post again, i try adding the servers manually and see where i go from there :)

Cheers for the help though guys :)

you have to turn console on in options. you can only access it in game or on main menu not in lobby.

Add a few of us on friends and we'll invite you to some ocuk games :p

I/We played really badly last night (playing NM again was a shock tbh). I did however g oto bed all warm and content having eaten 80% of Midnights chest and throat on my last round, leaving him to die where his mates couldn't reach.

Lovely

One thing i noticed is that you cant get the console up in the main menu (like you used to be able to) only in-game :confused:

With L4D i would always use sv_searchkey ocuk in the main menu or lobby and more often than not would connect to the ocuk server :). Up until last night, all of the ocuk servers appeared in my server list on the main menu so could select one of them and thus bypass the lobby screen.

Last night the only ocuk server listed was 4v4 versus which was full anyway :(.

With regards to the console, is it worth just joining any old game, whacking in the search key, leaving, creating a new lobby and starting again as it seems a bit of a long winded way of doing things.

Though looking at the above post again, i try adding the servers manually and see where i go from there :)

Cheers for the help though guys :)

You should be able to get the console up while in the main menu (ie. the very first screen you see upon loading L4D2), just not in the lobbies or any sub-menus.

Quite an interesting game on jacks server. Witches are instant kill and absolutely no medkits, pills and adren only. Very intense game.
that seems a bit OTT. did you even make safe room once? if infected were only half decent you shouldn't be able to make safe room on any map but parish 1 and hr 4 (that I can think of)

that seems a bit OTT. did you even make safe room once? if infected were only half decent you shouldn't be able to make safe room on any map but parish 1 and hr 4 (that I can think of)

Dunno about great teams either side but it seems pretty balanced. Oh and 1 incap is black/white which was entertaining. Seems quite balanced when everything else was vanilla. People made it on quite a few levels so it wasn't that OTT. 1st level both teams made it but they lost 2, 2nd level we got 3 through and they died to the tank, 3rd level both failed, 4th level they made it with 4, 5th level a quick tank spawn blocked the chopper for both teams :p

The 1 incap b/w was a bit much in the circumstances and might be better at default but it worked quite well. It might be a good change for Insanity though imo. Make b/w 1 incap so you have to choose between using pills and risking it or using your kit. Since it really is too easy to survive on some levels, especially the finale.

Back
Top Bottom