***Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread***

Is there any way to permenatly be the Infected when you join a server? I much prefer playing as them over the Survivors, but it keeps switching teams around after one reaches the safe room.

I think you've missed the point in Versus...

I think you've missed the point of my question. I know exactly what the "Versus" mode does, I even wrote what it does in my original post. Even the description in game states "Play as the Survivors or the Infected", it stated nothing about not being able to constantly play as one or the other - which brings me back to why I asked the question in the first place.

nope its turn based

Cheers

I want to slap you so much atm.

lol, it'll be worth it in the end mate :)

We played tonight and it was good, tbh you don't need to download every release just when you get a game, normally for a game to go ahead I will shout out to people beforehand and get them the right version etc for playing

Couple of minor issues to iron out

Sorry guys, new version of No Mercy is being uploaded now (v3)

Needed to fix a few things, this is what's fixed in the new version:

*Fixed intro on NM1. infected could spawn and attack during intro
*Fixed a random molotov or two on NM1 which had counts of 4
*Updated nav mesh on NM1
*Fixed a rave zombie spawn on NM2
*Fixed the event trigger on NM5 (so it actually works now!)
*Fixed a couple of blood spatter overlays

hurrah :) And the other night, sorry about the mass attack with regards your point 1 ;)

lol, it'll be worth it in the end mate :)

We played tonight and it was good, tbh you don't need to download every release just when you get a game, normally for a game to go ahead I will shout out to people beforehand and get them the right version etc for playing

Couple of minor issues to iron out

I try but no-one seems to invite me to NM games :( Everytime 1 is meant to start it doesn't and others start that i don't know of.

http://www.blogofchris.com/NoMercy/nomercyoriginalvs_v3.rar

Unrar it to the left 4 dead 2/left4dead2 folder in steam. Not the left4dead folder like Hippo did :p

Was a gg, and i would like to give my <3 to the witchy :D

Yeah GG indeed :)

Please bear in mind you are welcome to download this version but chances are I will have another version up in a day or two so be prepared to replace yours!

These are the fixes coming up in V3 (this is a beta of V3 at the moment so some are in some are not):

*Fixed intro on NM1. infected could spawn and attack during intro but can't anymore
*Fixed a random molotov or two on NM1 which had item counts of 4
*Fixed several cars on NM1 so they are now bashable by the tank
*Updated nav mesh on NM1
*Fixed small "rave zombie" spawn areas on NM1 + NM2
*Fixed the event trigger on NM5 (so it actually works now!)
*Fixed a couple of blood spatter overlays on NM5 so they span across multiple brushes correctly

Upcoming Fixes being worked on now: for next release:

*Removed the ability to close all starting safe rooms on all maps
*Added some more infected playerclips on NM1, NM2, NM3
*Added a few extra buildings into the end of NM2 so the infected can't see out of the map so well on the rooftops
*Added some more pipes into the infected ladders in NM2 and NM3
*Fixed a rave zombie spawn area on NM3
*Added 3 grenade launcher spawns into NM3 (one randomnly chosen per map spawn)
*Changed melee weapon spawns in the safe rooms at the end of NM4 and start of NM5 to be forced to either Katana or Fireaxe
*Disabled trigger_push trigger after the elevator has gone up in NM4 so infected can now escape the lift shaft
*Removed the game event handler during the NM4 elevator event and the NM2 generator room event
*Moved a misplaced railing on NM5
*Changed outro camera sequence on NM5

Last edited:
Amazing, Coach is on CSI.

Any way to move the tank spawn on NM4? It gets to the team way too quickly with even a small delay.
Oh and any way to fix the points tracking on the finale?

Amazing, Coach is on CSI.

Any way to move the tank spawn on NM4? It gets to the team way too quickly with even a small delay.
Oh and any way to fix the points tracking on the finale?

OK it seems the tanks etc can spawn anywhere on the ESCAPE ROUTE nav meshes, which is the route the survivors take through the map, so basically I don't think it's possible to change this :(

For the points on NM5 I will take a look tomorrow morning and see what I can see!

We now have a vanilla server which has both defibs and medkits disabled (apart from safe room medkits) which can be used for team versus games. The search key is sv_search_key ocuktvs and the IP is: 94.23.222.136:29039. The server name is OcUK 6.

We now have a vanilla server which has both defibs and medkits disabled (apart from safe room medkits) which can be used for team versus games. The search key is sv_search_key ocuktvs and the IP is: 94.23.222.136:29039. The server name is OcUK 6.
ooo, now I have some choices when setting up team vs lobbys, how much modding do i want...

*posted this in l4d1 thread by accident!)*

Well from tonight's NM game I did throw the lolotov into the hallways but it seems to have gone a bit wrong looking back at the Fraps video!

!!

Back
Top Bottom