***Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread***

Indeed, even with pills only and 1 incap b/w both teams had to rely on a tank block of the Chopper to kill the survivors. Tanks with 9k hp (like we had) were still useless when 4 people were stood up top with AKs, i just wish they'd stop cutting corners and give cvars for every campaign, spawnng 2 6khp tanks is great on Dark Carnival or you'd have no chance, but on Hard Rain theres just no way to escape them and you need 1 super tank.

I'm sure it could be possible to have the server load a different config depending on the campaign chosen but its long winded and iw ouldn't be surprised if it bugged. It doesn't help that level 2/3/4 are done as 1 cvar even though there are considerable differences between the difficulties of them.

That server was surprisingly good fun, considering the settings. To be fair, the lack of medkits wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. It was offset by the normal fire damage. It lead to a really tough game, but with a lot less changes than the Insanity mod. A different kind of tough, though. Hard to explain - still fun though. I'm amazed the games were so close - I thought we were gonna get wasted - the penultimate map on Carnival was a real boost for us - and so close to winning too. Oh well :)

Just played that extreme server again and it is good fun - just like Insanity in that you can't just motor through levels and hope that medkits are gonna save - didn't meet a single witch in the whole Parish though... and Jack had accidentally set it so that survivors got 400 points each for finishing a map :D

Just played that extreme server again and it is good fun - just like Insanity in that you can't just motor through levels and hope that medkits are gonna save - didn't meet a single witch in the whole Parish though... and Jack had accidentally set it so that survivors got 400 points each for finishing a map :D

Fail :p

I do quite like it without medkits, but i don't think you could manage that on Insanity with all the other changes.

I dunno, maybe if you could spawn 4 kits and 4 adrenaline at the start of each level and have med cabinets contain pills, but have no other healing items anywhere on the map.

Still, i think 1 incap = B/W would be a good addition to insanity. After all, the pickup hp is 50 so you'd struggle to be insta-killed like was possible in L4D with a 25 pounce.

I'll be hosting a No Mercy Version 2 game at some point tonight on Insanity Versus (medpacks enabled, as they screw up starter medpacks on no mercy too otherwise) if anyone is up for it. Probably after a bit of css. :)

You can.

I'm just too lazy to make a different Insanity Versus for each map (also tank plugin may not work with it).

Tbh its mostly just the tanks that need altering. Hard Rain with 2 tanks on the finale is next to impossible since the only place you can run full speed is the roof and its not big enough.

I'm up for a No Mercy, not done it yet. I'll fire it up now to see if it works. If not i might need assistance :p

Sorry guys, new version of No Mercy is being uploaded now (v3)

Needed to fix a few things, this is what's fixed in the new version:

*Fixed intro on NM1. infected could spawn and attack during intro
*Fixed a random molotov or two on NM1 which had counts of 4
*Updated nav mesh on NM1
*Fixed a rave zombie spawn on NM2
*Fixed the event trigger on NM5 (so it actually works now!)
*Fixed a couple of blood spatter overlays

Sorry guys, new version of No Mercy is being uploaded now (v3)

Needed to fix a few things, this is what's fixed in the new version:

*Fixed intro on NM1. infected could spawn and attack during intro
*Fixed a random molotov or two on NM1 which had counts of 4
*Updated nav mesh on NM1
*Fixed a rave zombie spawn on NM2
*Fixed the event trigger on NM5 (so it actually works now!)
*Fixed a couple of blood spatter overlays

I want to slap you so much atm.

Doesn't that cause an awful lot of server lag?

We upped it from 30 to 50 on our server on l4d1. It wasn't a problem for the most part but it did cause a bit of lag during some events, normally the finale iirc. I think you could easily do 40-45 without many problems, you've just got to increase the horde size that gets spawned in a horde/boomer or it doesn't do much good.

Back
Top Bottom