***Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread***

The Team Versus game that just finished was hilarious. Dingle, Link, Midnight and I completely battered a bunch of really poor losers - so much so that the entire team RQ'd at the start of TP3 and ran away like sissies, but not before hurling some really poor insults at us :D

Shame really, was looking forward to seeing what would happen on that finale, but yeh sore losers all ragequitted, so we win.

The Parish is quickly turning into my favourite Versus map tbh, the new No Mercy I think, though I'd love to play that again still... ;)

It's happened to me twice now due to a charger. The first time was an OcUK game, and someone kindly brought their boomer around to explode, move me, get me horded and blind so that someone else could spit on me and incap me in the corner - low blow! :D Last night it happened in the TV I just mentioned. Fortunately, they took the opportunity to jocky me right in front of the rest of the team.

But back to the TV game - what a bunch of sore losers. I just Googled their names and found them :D
http://steamcommunity.com/id/south_v

Qualms and UBERPhoenix, from NT, Salad Fingers and Dae Ryusen :D

"**** you all losers, goodbye x" :eek:

heheheh :p

Nice detective work Pookie :D

If I see any of those players on one of the public servers in coop I'll wait until they hit level 5 then ban them I think ;)

I'm guilty of "rage-quitting" servers, fairly frequently. Usually it's when the rest of the players are just shooting each other (deliberately), throwing molotovs and pipes at each other, or otherwise messing around and not playing properly. Not much fun if you ask me, and I won't stick around just for the sake of it - I'll find a different server. Crap players I don't mind at all, as long as they're actually trying to play the game.

I quit a survival game yesterday as well, because the host kept "kicking the tank". What's the point in playing with someone who is just going to cheat? Maybe if we got rid of ALL the zombies we could get an even better time...

Anyway, I didn't realise quitting in anger was such a big deal for some people. I guess I'll try to be more tolerant in future.

Join the group (linked on 1st page, Original Post) and try playing with ocuk players on the ocuk servers. The messing around will happen less frequently so you'll be less inclined to "Rage Quit."

OcUK 1 just went down and booted us all, after a 20 second hiccup moments before. You'd been offline for three minutes, Link :)

The only bad thing, was how my team was on a perfect round on the The Parish - max points for the first three turns :D

Probably just a one off/ingame bug, but let me know if it happens again.

Typical that it crashes just after I go offline eh? ;)

UPDATE:

New plugin installed on servers (OcUK 1-6). If you are stuck after a charger or something, type !stuck in chat to teleport a few inches to hopefully free yourself.

Note: It can only be used twice per map by each player.

More Information here: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=110041

Please note if I find people misusing this to get out of a smoker pull or hunter pounce etc they will be banned instantly. Please report anyone who does aswell as they WILL be banned from all ocuk servers.

Admins without banning rights, make a note of the player's name and kick them from your current game.

Last edited:
Insanity Versus 2 is now running.

Insanity Versus:

General:
-Tank spawn chance increased to 100% on levels 2,3,4
-Variable Tank spawn added
-Witch spawn chance 100% on Level 1 and 80% on 2,3,4
-Multiple tanks can spawn each level (albeit not at the same time)
-Up to 3 hunters can spawn at the same time

Survivors:
-Survivors now revive and heal faster
-Fire does more damage

Infected:
-Ghost speed Increased
-Witch has double health
-Boomer Vomit delay removed
-Boomer can vomit when moving
-Smoker tongue range increased slightly, has more health and drags faster
-Charger Can do slightly more damage from initial charge
-Spitter recharge time increased
-Hunter claw does more damage
-Tanks take longer to get frustrated
-Tanks take longer to Burn
-Tanks remain stunned for slightly less time when stunned by explosion

To connect to the server type

mm_dedicated_force_servers 94.23.222.136:29039

Please note that this WILL be hard for survivors, but should still be good fun. I shall be testing it out some time tomorrow.

Last edited:
1. Jesus christ man! That's insane! Boomer can puke while running is going to be a PITA!

2. I think the spitter recharge is long enough though, doesn't need changing really as it's pretty much all it can do! Everything else is going to be mental!

3. Good times though! I have found with the 3 VS games I've played so far that against fellow OcUK'ers it was a tight match and survivors died mostly anyway (L4D2 VS being harder).

4. In the Team VS games I've found it a little easy overall, where changes like that would make it much lol, although again would make it harder for the other team too!

1. You stopped playing the first game long before Insanity Versus was introduced to that, which featured mostly similar changes. Moving boomer did a lot to make the boomer less frustrating to play with, but generally didn't feel too unbalanced. He has to spawn out of sight still, and you get the warning as survivor by the noises, so you can deal with him most of the time.

2. Lots of people want it to do less damage, which I don't. So I thought giving survivors more time to recover might be a nice compromise. This change doesn't seem to have worked however on testing briefly on my two accounts last night anyway.

3. Yep. It's a lot less forgiving if someone decides to go looking for things and splits up, which a lot of players still do. Of course with the spitter, charger & of course the smoker it's now quite hard not to spilt up.

4. My experiences of Team Vs so far have been a close battle, but ultimately losing and a close battle, but winning and the other team ragequtting before their turn as survivors on the 3rd level. Lucky you I guess not to have these experiences. :( I don't recommend ever going to the Insanity Versus server in Team Vs though. Use on of the standard ocuk servers for those. It's really not fair on the other team if they don't know what to expect.

Last edited:
New Update Released.

Updates to Left 4 Dead 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Left 4 Dead 2

-Updated stats collection and related steam pages
-Fixed issue where players could be stuck if caught in charger pound
-Updated CPU detection

All OcUK servers (OcUK 1-6 and Insanity Versus) updated. :)

As I recall, going back to the server from the lobby did not fix the problem - didn't we end up on some random server, hence why it crashed/shutdown when we reached the SH on lvl 3 of Swamp Fever and we all gave up for the night?

There was defintely a problem with OcUK 6 in terms of the common infected HP on Expert Realism - they seemed to go down quicker than a cheap hooker at a pRon convention.

Wouldn't make much sense if OcUK 6 has the problem and OcUK 1-5 don't as they are all set up in exactly the same way. It's probably a game bug. Most of these problems people find with our servers are. Remember the only one modded from how valve intended is the Insanity Versus one. ;)

Back
Top Bottom