***Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread***

Associate
Played it through a few times last night, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Loving the melee, pistols seem to have taken a drop in damage\accuracy so you cant cap a zombie from distance anymore which just makes me want to take a melee even more. Cept if i see a D.Eagle, then im ditching my main weapon for it :D

Was a bit odd the daylight, but i liked it, im sure they chose that for the demo on purpose, gets us ready for more suspense and thrills in the rest of the night levels.

Joined ocuk3 last night but it was the end of the map and when it finished everyone left.

Permabanned
For a newcomer to the L4D series I found it a lot of fun.

Manic, full of panic and yet surreal enough to believe you are part of the environment/world.

Like the Sniper the best, but also the AK provided some good moments.... also someone chucked a can of petrol and shot it, which was a firey laugh'

Someone will probably be able to answer this, ive seen this enemy just once in a few play throughs.... the zombie is in a black cloack, with a hood and once he gets you down, he really slashes and takes away health quick.... he jumped out of the dark at me, it definately wasnt a normal zombie. Anyone know the name?

Soldato
For a newcomer to the L4D series I found it a lot of fun.

Manic, full of panic and yet surreal enough to believe you are part of the environment/world.

Like the Sniper the best, but also the AK provided some good moments.... also someone chucked a can of petrol and shot it, which was a firey laugh'

Someone will probably be able to answer this, ive seen this enemy just once in a few play throughs.... the zombie is in a black cloack, with a hood and once he gets you down, he really slashes and takes away health quick.... he jumped out of the dark at me, it definately wasnt a normal zombie. Anyone know the name?

Hunter!

Associate

Yea thats the Hunter. Believe me you'll be seeing those pouncing all over the place. Very fun to play as one in VS mode too :D

Associate
just had a couple of hours off work so got home and started a few games, it somehow looks better than l4d1 dunno if this is to do with the better colour palette of the parish, controls feel great never had any worries about these. the jockeys are little gits though they tend to appear from no where and ride you off it the distance so it's hard for the others to get near you in time, charger is very powerful if he gets hold of you but quite easy to bring down if you spot him before he charges. gonna post up a part 3 video on youtube later of the parish.

Soldato
:( time is passing so slowly, i want my sniper rifle.

Then on the 17th you will all be firmly in my sights

Ha Ha ! The 17th...given the demo release date, I got a feeling that the game ain't going to be on time.

What time you finish work mate and be home for a game? I should be ready around 6pm for a demo or two before dinner.

If you fancy comming on vent when you're ready we can boycott these noobs who have already played it and pretend that it is two days ago at 8pm :

Last edited:
Soldato
For those of you with the demo - have you tried survival mode? I loved survival in the original, but the special infected made things difficult sometimes. Do the new infected make this even harder? Also, are the target times for bronze, sliver and gold still the same (4, 7 and 10 mins)?

Associate
Ha Ha ! The 17th...given the demo release date, I got a feeling that the game ain't going to be on time.

What time you finish work mate and be home for a game? I should be ready around 6pm for a demo or two before dinner.

If you fancy comming on vent when you're ready we can boycott these noobs who have already played it and pretend that it is two days ago at 8pm :

Should be on from 5.30ish so up for a game at 6 if ya want. Damn them releasing it at stupid hours

Back
Top Bottom