***Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread***

Associate
Pathing on the mobs is getting worse as more people are finding the places to stand to make the mobs climb walls/cars/scenery to get to them.

Hoping they sort it a bit before release, as I played a game with some randoms last night and they abused positioning all the way through the two levels.. although seeing a horde all try to climb a lamp post before getting to you was quite comical.

Edit: sorry looks like its already been mentioned and I missed the posts.

Last edited:
Associate
if its anything like the demo it will be delayed a week and then we will have to preload half the game again when it does get released! haha

Soldato
I have been playing the demo for the past couple of days and I must admit, it is growing on me. I never played the first game so didn't have anything to compare it to.

The only issue I have now is playing with randoms who don't understand:

1) Not to run off and try to play a hero, half the time one person buggers off and the rest of us have to pick up the pieces (revive them etc).

2) Don't disturb the sodding witch unless you have a lot of firepower and a clear run.

3) Repeat 1, over and over.

Anyway.... if anyone wants to add me my steamID is the same as my forum ID (oweneades).

Hope to see you in the game. :)

Associate
I have been playing the demo for the past couple of days and I must admit, it is growing on me. I never played the first game so didn't have anything to compare it to.

The only issue I have now is playing with randoms who don't understand:

1) Not to run off and try to play a hero, half the time one person buggers off and the rest of us have to pick up the pieces (revive them etc).

2) Don't disturb the sodding witch unless you have a lot of firepower and a clear run.

3) Repeat 1, over and over.

Anyway.... if anyone wants to add me my steamID is the same as my forum ID (oweneades).

Hope to see you in the game. :)

Couldn't have put it better myself. Im in the same situation having not played the first one before but when i realised id been playing the demo and the same level for a few hours i decided this has got to be worth £20.25 if i can grab 1 out of a 4 pack, loving it so far. If anyone else fancies an extra friend and player ;) SteamID: FittleLucker

Associate
Is it true that there will be 8v8 versus where the other 4 will be the original survivors?

That can not be true because Valve have said themselves that the characters from L4D1 will never be seen in L4D2. This is because
1, L4D2 takes part before L4D1
2, The games take place in two complete different parts of USA. Bill, Zoey, Francis and Louis have never been in the south. This is because Francis hates the beach.

Soldato
That can not be true because Valve have said themselves that the characters from L4D1 will never be seen in L4D2. This is because
1, L4D2 takes part before L4D1
2, The games take place in two complete different parts of USA. Bill, Zoey, Francis and Louis have never been in the south. This is because Francis hates the beach.

Didn't someone say the original models are in the L4D2 source though?

Associate
Gaming Milestone......My son is now online with Steam and last night I played coop with him on the L4D2 demo....I got stranded, pinned down with no ammo and a swat zombie kicking me with my bullets bouncing off him (basically same as having a hunter on ya just slower) Thought i was a goner when in came my son wanging around his guitar to save me.

Hmmm, humiliating...not quite - the humiliating came later when he swaggered into the room in all of his 8 yr old smugness telling me he saved my ass!

Associate
I let him play the demo - theres only a few swear words and to be honest nothing that he hasn't picked up at school!!

Yes he carried me....it was a one off! - Also we were playing on our own with AI for other characters...he loved it!

He also plays TF2 am I supposed to stop him from playing that due to online vileness?

As for the gore side of it...pfft, I wouldn't let him play COD or Grand theft Auto (which i dont own anyhoo) but killing zombies - it aint that bad!! He loves it...if in 8 years he becomes a serial killer I will come back to you cap in hand!!

Soldato
Sorry, I didn't mean it like that. He's your son, it's entirely up to you what you do and do not let him do. I was simply attempting to be humourous by pointing out a possible problem with allowing him to play such a game then completely changing tack to highlight the idea of your 8 year old son beating you in a video game as being worse than all of the aforementioned items.

Apologies if it came across badly.

Back
Top Bottom