***Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread***

Soldato
That can not be true because Valve have said themselves that the characters from L4D1 will never be seen in L4D2. This is because
1, L4D2 takes part before L4D1
2, The games take place in two complete different parts of USA. Bill, Zoey, Francis and Louis have never been in the south. This is because Francis hates the beach.

LOL Francis hates everything. :D

That can not be true because Valve have said themselves that the characters from L4D1 will never be seen in L4D2. This is because
1, L4D2 takes part before L4D1
2, The games take place in two complete different parts of USA. Bill, Zoey, Francis and Louis have never been in the south. This is because Francis hates the beach.

1. I think L4D2 now takes place a couple of weeks after L4D1, though I could be wrong. The original intention is what you say, but I think valve changed their minds when they decided to add more infected.

2. Yes

Valve have said that the models for the original four survivors may be included in the code for L4D2. Basicly modders may be able to unlock them and therefore it may be possible to enable them in 8v8 mods.

Associate
1. I think L4D2 now takes place a couple of weeks after L4D1, though I could be wrong. The original intention is what you say, but I think valve changed their minds when they decided to add more infected.

Yeah, I think I've heard about that too. I couldn't find any infomration though after a quick google search so I dunno :p

Associate
the hidden weapon in the game is love
and its within each of the survivors hearts...

It is what the zombies are really after, they want to snuggle all of the love out of your hearts, unfortunately the hearts are located in the bony cage and they haven't figure out how to open it properly.

Zombies, all they want is a hug, especially the witch.

Soldato
When the game is released, I'd like to think that I'll finish all the campaigns, at least on EXPERT, in Coop before I start playing all the other types of game. However, I know that the lure of the versus-side will be strong...

Fixed.

Advanced is for women and kids under the age of 5. Seriously.

I want an actual challenge/effort/experience out of the COOP so will refuse anything but that :)

But I agree 100% luw, complete coop missions on expert a few times before trying the other game modes/types.

Thats what happend with the original L4D when I played from release, no one played VS until we worked out how LULZ it was one day...

Man of Honour
Fixed.

I want an actual challenge/effort/experience out of the COOP so will refuse anything but that :)

But I agree 100% luw, complete coop missions on expert a few times before trying the other game modes/types.

Thats what happend with the original L4D when I played from release, no one played VS until we worked out how LULZ it was one day...

Yeah, heady days of youth when we all just played expert (and I died lots). Fun times.

Soldato
Actually, its not. Theres a hell of a lot more to L4D2 than to L4D1.
Is there?

Not trolling but what exactly is so radically different from L4D? As far as I can make out there are different weapons, some extra special infected, a different set of survivors... and that's basically it?

I'm pretty underwhelmed with it to be honest, it feels like a polished mod. :confused:

Valve have said that the models for the original four survivors may be included in the code for L4D2. Basicly modders may be able to unlock them and therefore it may be possible to enable them in 8v8 mods.
Imagine how depressing it would be to find out the original cast of survivors had become infected, and you had to kill them to progress through the game? :(

Caporegime
the melee weapons and new infected change the game dramatically, not so much in coop (ie the demo) but in versus they are some pretty massive changes.

Soldato
Fixed.

I've seen good teams go under on Expert so many times that we eventually gave up. Dead Air in particular - there was one night when the expert achievements really became a kind of goal and we spent three hours on DA4. And this was with guys that I would choose over just about anyone on here if I wanted to pick a team to play with.

However, I did leave myself a little get-out clause - I said "at least" - my intention being that I will attempt them all on Expert, but if I hit another DA4, I'd consider dropping it to Advanced if it meant getting to versus sooner :D

Soldato
Is there?

Not trolling but what exactly is so radically different from L4D? As far as I can make out there are different weapons, some extra special infected, a different set of survivors... and that's basically it?

I'm pretty underwhelmed with it to be honest, it feels like a polished mod. :confused:

Imagine how depressing it would be to find out the original cast of survivors had become infected, and you had to kill them to progress through the game? :(
I think the new infected will introduce quite the new set of challenges to survivors. I also understand that some of the new crescendos are less static and a little more dynamic. There's also the slightly less linear approach - in the demo the park is an example - three different ways to go - it's a small example, but one nonetheless.

Truth be told, we really can't say exactly how different it is, based on just the demo. Personally, I think the demo was more of a chance to introduce 3 things: 1) melee weapons, 2) the new survivors and 3) the rolling crescendo.

As for the zombie survivors from L4D1.... I'd personally like to ram a pipebomb up the arse of each and every one of them, just in response to the people who think it's funny to continually scream or use the in-game speech (especially when waiting in the 8v8 "lobby"!).

OT: Durzel... did you play Q2, in a clan called EED?

Back
Top Bottom