***Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread***

Soldato
I realise this may have already been said, but have you tried disabling multicore rendering as well as AA and all that stuff? Worked a treat for issues in the demo. Also try running it in a borderless window.

done everything, Ran it as admin workaround in compat mode, redownloaded the whole thing. Done the integrity check about 10 times redownloading the 2 corrupt files each time.
Tried running it in a window still instant crash to desktop no errors. Updated nvidia drivers to latest beta.

Ran -lv is only one that works for any amount of time but the game is horrible like that. Back to l4d and hope valve sort it properly.

Might format later just for laughs.

Don
wow, this game is awesome so far.

and I'll I've played is the first two Campaigns in co-op

Link/Frenchy

Massive thanks to you guys for the super stable servers with great pings :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I've been having some problems as well I was getting really bad frame rate stuttering in the Dark Carnival campaign twice it crashed after stuttering for a bit before hand once in a min or so and once the 2nd level in.

Had a funny feeling it was to do with sound (it just didnt sound right in game) went to control panel>sound to see if there was something funny there and going into the soundblaster tab crashes the window, no idea why it was working fine the other day.

Anyway changed it to stereo from 5.1 and went ingame did the same and disabled multicore rendering and dropped AA to x2 played the swamp campaign fine (one or two jumpy bits aside) until the finale when the tanks showed up and again the large frame rate stuttering came back. (the tank problem is reported here)

Going to try Dark Carnival again now to see if it still crashes.

Oh yeah im using ATI 4870 9.10 drivers, X-FI Xtreme with newest drivers, Vista 64, Q6600 all at stock.

EDIT:

Yeah someone else had this on the steam forums and was told it a false positive.

Try setting the graphics setting to windowed mode (no borders) instead of fullscreen? it's basically the same thing but for me it fixed frame rate and crashing issues

Associate
Try setting the graphics setting to windowed mode (no borders) instead of fullscreen? it's basically the same thing but for me it fixed frame rate and crashing issues

Just played Dark Carnival again there and it ran perfectly...either dropping down from 5.1 to stereo fixed it or dropping the AA & disabling multicore rendering.

If it happens again in the future ill give that a go though.

Soldato
Man its funny, Funniest thing ive ever played I think, The jockey whilst insane is a bit of a waste of space though as he cant shut up and they can still control themselves, it needs to relinquish control of the survivor imho as the charger is better at getting a player away from the crowd.

All that said its seriously hard for the survivors right now :O.
This ones got legs though, epic :)

Associate
Best MP game of 2009: L4d2
Best Game of 2009: L4d2

Just played a few hours on expert realism mode. didnt make it past the second part but OMG it was fun. had proper team work going on but the director takes u from behind and u cant help but laugh.

Chainsaw= win also

EDIT: also loads of thease things called dedicated servers with a Valve brand/name on.... must be something new, hope it catches on

Last edited:
Associate
Only played an hour or so and I am loving it, camping still happens but it's far less common and the running is excellent you should run from zombies not camp it out other wise everyone would survive the infection.

Can't wait to get the chainsaw.

Soldato
I think the events are a little unbalanced.

At the moment i'm not totally sold, between that and the AI I think there's a bit of room for improvement.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
im so glad i spent all that money on my crossfire 4890 setup

especially when the game runs perfectly at max settings @ 1900X1200 with crossfire disabled

new drivers on

no difference - is it just ATI or is SLI fail in this game too?

Soldato
Heh, I probably should have mentioned it wasn't an event, the constant spawn fest was not part of any set piece, we just got hordes one after another. After we finished one off we would hear the horde jingle again to let us know more were coming. It was the entire map, I think it was where you get into the mall for the first time that it really started going nuts. Maybe I'm blowing it out of proportion, but I'm a long time L4D veteran and I was getting frustrated at how we were not getting a single break.

We also got two chargers and two smokers at the same time, which never happened to me in the demo, and you couldn't get two smokers in a L4D campaign.

modded server?

Soldato
Just played realism in swamp with dingle, antar and kitten. Was bloody tough. Can't say I was a big fan of the swamp though. It all looked the same and seemed to lack atmosphere. I found it a chore trying finding my way around. :(

Soldato
Flippin' internet dropping me today. :(
Lookin at my wifi router it is full of cobwebs, :)spiders nesting near the warmth.
Ah, bums and fannies, I'll try again tomorrow; after a bit of late spring cleaning.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom