***Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread***

Soldato
Ohe thing that kept bugging me is when the spitter creates a 'pool', you carefully run out of it... you look down and see you're not standing in it, but still you'll find yourself getting damaged. It seems you have to stand well clear of it.

Associate
With my team on the brink of annihlation I managed to bring the Tank down by smashing him in the face with my crowbar. I then made my escape in Jimmy Gibbs Jr's race car, leaving my whole team 4 dead :D

Thanks LinktoInsanity for the use of your server :)

oh yeah... and I won a gnome :D

Whaa? You can get a gnome?! :cool:

Soldato
Played last night on Swamp Fever on Advanced. Really enjoyed it but damn, couldn't get past the finale with the bunch I played with. Multiple specials and a tank at the same time were kicking our rears meaning that there was no one left to help the others up once incapacitated. It got too late (with work this morning) to carry on. Roll on tonight....

:D

Loving the game though. It seems to be far more difficult which is a good thing, and the spitter and charger are the specials that really make it that difficult. No more endless camping strategies coz these 2 specials force you to move! :)

Great game. I just hope they regularly release new content for it, especially new campaigns as that is ultimately what keeps the longevity going.

Associate
brilliant game

people saying about map design being boring/weird, give it a week and you'll actually know where you're going and all that won't matter

i encountered those endless hordes too with sharpyface n tobes, seemed to be its worst on expert, and only on that shopping mall level. AI seem a lot more challenging on campaigns, they definitely attack together more.

maybe in a week or so when we adjust it'll be easier, but i can see expert realism campaigns being a REAL challenge. wikke wikke

Man of Honour
Played a few games last night, once we finally found a server we had no problem at all playing through the first mission. The variation in the set peice at the end was pretty awesome, 2 players throwing the cans down to the bottom floor while we held off zombies and refulled our automobile.

I only played that one mission all the way through but overall thought that the atmosphere was better than the first, rooms full of fire, backdraft from doors and more detail etc all adds to the immersion.

I had no problem running 4x AA with 8x AF and full details, vsynsc on locked at 60 without any slowdown noticed. I did however noticed some people say about multi card configs but couldn't see any issues with this myself... think im running cat 9.9.

Caporegime
im so glad i spent all that money on my crossfire 4890 setup

especially when the game runs perfectly at max settings @ 1900X1200 with crossfire disabled

new drivers on

no difference - is it just ATI or is SLI fail in this game too?

I'm having no issues with my 4870x2.

dunno if that works differently because it's two cores on one card or anything though.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I had to finish off some wedding pictures last night so had a late night in and NO LEFT 4 DEAD 2 :( :(

I WILL be on tonight though, 8pm~

If there's a game going with a free spot if someone can inv that would be sexcellent :D

Soldato
Had a go last night with some randoms, in the shopping mall level, great fun, great game.

Feel free to add me to your friends list, i dont have that many on there. 'wedge007' will find me, im also in the OcUK community.

Soldato
Shame in the shopping mall, the car isn't an old silver VW Scirocco :)

874q.jpg

Back
Top Bottom