***Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread***

Soldato
I've gotten a lot of doubles at a time. Witches, smokers, jockeys, chargers, hunters, boomers. Yet to get two tanks in one chapter though.

I died just before the helicopter :(

Chainsaw and guitar are awesome. :)

Yeaahhh. Considering I hadn't taken any damage that entire finale, and then that happened? I'm quite disappointed. My mates were tired anyway.

Associate
If you've got the instant crash to desktop bug, try this, worked for me (two whole campaigns done no crashes).

This is for vista users (I'm unsure if it'll work for others). If at any point it comes up with the annoying 'are you sure?' messages, just click through them as per normal.

1)Navigate to your windows folder (usually c:/windows/)
2)Inside there, goto the CSC folder
3)Try to open the folder and it should fail (if it doesn't, you have a different problem). It'll come up with 'You don't currently have permission to access this folder' at which time you keep pressing continue until it says you've been denied.
4)Right-click the folder, go to properties.
5)Go to the security tab at which point it'll say 'To continue, you must be an administrative user with permission to view this object's security properties' at which point you click continue.
6)Click on admin in the owner tab which will swap the owner to the administrator then click OK.
7)You then click on OK once again which will bring up the security tab.
8)Tick 'full control', press OK twice to get out of the properties tabs.
9)Run the game.

Courtesy of Kirennian on the steam forums

Associate
Lovin it, lovin it LOVIN IT! :)

Me and my mates havent had this much fun in ages...the increases in the amount of Zombie spawns have upped the bar, its awesome! :)

Anyone taken the time to stand behind the microphone on the stage at the last level of the 2nd campaign? LMFAO!

Soldato
Only played an hour or so and I am loving it, camping still happens but it's far less common and the running is excellent you should run from zombies not camp it out other wise everyone would survive the infection.

Can't wait to get the chainsaw.

camping when a horde come is a good idea. Try running away from a horde and surviving.

Soldato
but having to manually disable crossfire before i launch the game is annoying

i fail to see how my complaint relates to crysis in any way shape or form

any other multi gpu users having framerate issues?

Are you running the 9.11's?

Might be worth giving the 9.12 BETA drivers a whirl too.

Associate
Played the first 3 sections of the 1st chapter last night on advanced. This is a much more intense experience than anything I encountered in the original left 4 dead.

Couldnt get past the shopping mall tho :( Will try again tonight tho! :D

Man of Honour
I've played through the mall campaign on my own, and most of the swamp one with friends, and seen the last 2 mins of the finale of dark carnival :(

Awesome, awesome stuff. I just wish my internet connection would have given me pings of < 500-1100 last night :(

Associate
Just played realism in swamp with dingle, antar and kitten. Was bloody tough. Can't say I was a big fan of the swamp though. It all looked the same and seemed to lack atmosphere. I found it a chore trying finding my way around. :(
there was a point on that campaign for me where ellis said "there's the safehouse, must be going the right way"... and that summed it up completely for me, that campaign seems to have no real direction, I've not idea why I'm heading where I am, it's not obvious which way that is and on top of that, it's rarely obvious which way you came from.

This is what I worried about after playing the crash course l4d dlc, the maps just seem messy and repetitive. Did they change the mapping team since l4d?

Soldato
I've played the first section which was great fun, sop much more thought has been put into the missions compared to the original l4D, I still miss Zoey and crew but the new characters are starting to grow on me apart from Nick :p

I've had no issues with Disconnects/pings and the frame rate has been fine on my 5870 (full AA etc 1680x1050).

Associate
I've played the first section which was great fun, sop much more thought has been put into the missions compared to the original l4D, I still miss Zoey and crew but the new characters are starting to grow on me apart from Nick :p

I've had no issues with Disconnects/pings and the frame rate has been fine on my 5870 (full AA etc 1680x1050).
damn nick, he shot the pilot :D

also, to people talking about bad fps with xfire, what settings you running on? seems weird you are having issues with more power :| either way, my 4850 is running fine with 4xAA 8xAF @ 1920x1200 :D

oh yeah... and I won a gnome :D

Associate
Enjoyed the little bits i played last night. the new collection stuff is and could be a heap of fun.

Single Player campaign felt a little bit beta... AI was quite glitchy. needs patching.

Looking forward to getting some advanced/expert/realism games in over the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom