***Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread***

Soldato
Where is the gnome ? Will have to try and get that achivement lol

You have to start up the shooting gallery minigame and score 750 points to win the gnome.

The whack-a-mole minigame is also an achievement, just keep starting it back up and whacking until it blows up.

Then to beat moustachio you need to use the baseball bat under the influence of adrenaline to knock the bell off.

:cool:

Associate
You have to start up the shooting gallery minigame and score 750 points to win the gnome.

The whack-a-mole minigame is also an achievement, just keep starting it back up and whacking until it blows up.

Then to beat moustachio you need to use the baseball bat under the influence of adrenaline to knock the bell off.

:cool:
lots of crap to do while shooting infected :) Will have to do the other stuff tonight

Soldato
A few quick points about Moustachio - I did it with a katana and adrenaline, so maybe any melee weapon will work. Additionally, when entering the safe room, chucking it to the floor and closing the door will result in you losing your gnome - a moment of great sadness for my team today :D

Soldato
A few quick points about Moustachio - I did it with a katana and adrenaline, so maybe any melee weapon will work. Additionally, when entering the safe room, chucking it to the floor and closing the door will result in you losing your gnome - a moment of great sadness for my team today :D

Odd.. when i 1st tried with the katana it only went up 1/4 of the way where the baseball bat went up 3/4 of the way before the adrenaline shot took it over the top.

As for the gnome disappearing maybe a bug? I chucked my gnome in earlier and worked fine.

Soldato
so people loving this game, any bugs or things to avoid, im so peeded off have not had a chance to play it, and seeing the misses tonight, working Thursday... cancelled the pub on friday to stay in and be a game geek

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
There are some hitbox bugs with melee weapons for example, sometimes swipes with an axe or bat won't register.

Nothing big though, just continue the hack and slash.....

Associate
Really enjoying the game so far also, did the shopping mall one last night with a few randoms who turned out to be quite good. completed it on advanced with no restarts with out too much trouble. I was the only to escape in the car at the end mind you :)

How good is the millitary sniper rifle! :D

Man of Honour
My other PC also has the 8600 @4ghz with a 4890 and is ok also

what dirvers are you using ?

Probably quite old ones. I'm still running RC1 of windows7 and it kept trying to reinstall older catalyst drivers through windows update...it's quite possible that it managed to slip them in without me noticing sometime :p

I'll try a driver update and/or windows reinstall tonight..see if it improves things.

PoD

PoD

Associate
The mall on expert is REALLY HARD

We got continuous hordes with infected all the way though and I just had to give up.

Expert is a lot harder now

Don
Good game last night, Steve got absolutely pummelled by a charger, it took him from the top of the stand opposite the stage down to the right of the stage, into a floor of fire :D

Soldato
Good game last night, Steve got absolutely pummelled by a charger, it took him from the top of the stand opposite the stage down to the right of the stage, into a floor of fire :D

That is quite funny, when a good charger finds an angle which has a damn long run... all you see is this thing pick up one of the survivors and run off with them, with three other survivors then trying to give chase :)

Associate
That is quite funny, when a good charger finds an angle which has a damn long run... all you see is this thing pick up one of the survivors and run off with them, with three other survivors then trying to give chase :)
I had this happen in the demo, was on top of the scaffolding at the ladder side and got hit by a charger took me over the fences towards the start of the section.... was kinda screwed :)

Associate
Just an update for anyone having problems with L4D2 crashing to desktop a minute or two into gameplay, try this fix first. I did a search but couldn't find a reference to it, so apologies if it's a duplicate.

It seems for some reason it tries to read or write to the Windows\CSC\ directory (Client-side cache, used for offline files), and if it doesn't have access to it, the game crashes. Check whether your user account has access to this directory - chances are, it will say access is totally denied (even if you're an admin), and you have to override it in order to get in.

Just change the permissions on that folder so your admin and user have Full Control on it, and the game should run no problem. Subject to graphics drivers, validated game files, etc etc!

Hope this is useful to someone, perhaps sticky it up with other solutions?

Back
Top Bottom