***Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread***

Man of Honour
Just an update for anyone having problems with L4D2 crashing to desktop a minute or two into gameplay, try this fix first. I did a search but couldn't find a reference to it, so apologies if it's a duplicate.

It seems for some reason it tries to read or write to the Windows\CSC\ directory (Client-side cache, used for offline files), and if it doesn't have access to it, the game crashes. Check whether your user account has access to this directory - chances are, it will say access is totally denied (even if you're an admin), and you have to override it in order to get in.

Just change the permissions on that folder so your admin and user have Full Control on it, and the game should run no problem. Subject to graphics drivers, validated game files, etc etc!

Hope this is useful to someone, perhaps sticky it up with other solutions?

I'll give this a try tonight and let you know how it goes :)

I'm sure Link would be happy to sticky it if it works.

Soldato
The mall on expert is REALLY HARD

We got continuous hordes with infected all the way though and I just had to give up.

Expert is a lot harder now

Tell me about it...

Just had a go with public *shudder* and the hordes never stopped coming when we got into the mall!

Man of Honour
As I rushed to save you, the fire caught me, so I had a nap and lied down next to you :D

Remember guys, donations thread here..

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18075748

For Link/French servers

sv_search_key ocuk (enter at title screen)

Cheers y0 :)

Think I'll be trying to play a little L4D2 tonight. Really want to try out Heavy Rain..though also want to play through things in order. Decisions, decisions...

Soldato
RE the charger, on the swamp campaign where you have to call the boat on the first chapter. The water is an instant death, if you can pick one up and run off the jetty its win (well not win, its death) *

* got with first attempt last night :)

Associate
I played for 8 hours yesterday, it is in fact 1 man Year better than L4D.

10//10 stars

Going back to play more,

-Jundy

Back
Top Bottom