***Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread***

Soldato
Lyon said:
Multiple damn hordes on the Campaign 1, Level & 4 - The Mall

Dude, last night played this expert. Every damn 30 seconds almost! It was a buzz but bloody constant. Althought the hordes felt a little smaller on average, getting dispatched relativley easy.

Hippo played earlier in the day on advanced and he said it was the same thing. Those maps (to me) were a little more boring in than others in the campaign...perhaps this has been added in to keep you on your toes and worry less about the not so great map? :D

I know the feeling, we got two tanks!

Thought Link had been mucking around with the settings already!

Last night my first game on L4D2 after getting home from work was an advanced :)eek: I know, no time for expert before dinner) on Dead Rain. Awesome campaign and at one point on second level we had 4 witches near each other, 7 in total on the map alone!!!!

Hard rain campaign is amazing. The small details like muffling voice coms when theres a storm make it brillant it think

Yeah I agree. Start of the 3rd level when it starts thundering/raining hard was awesome, completley adds to the overall effect of the campaign. Can't say I noticed voice comms, I use ventrilo like the pro's do :D Still a nice touch by valve!

The mall on expert is REALLY HARD

We got continuous hordes with infected all the way though and I just had to give up.

Expert is a lot harder now

I'd agree and disagree with this tbh. The events are harder now and as a result on Expert it's harder. If you are talking about your standard run through the campaign/exploring/killing then I'd say it's about the same. Given that the new boss infected do add little extra difficulty too! The maps are also a tad longer.

My rule is that I only play with good people on expert. People I know properly or have experience with being a good player. If I want lulz, I'll go play VS or campaign on easier settings with randoms/the general public.

I'm planning to play all campaigns on expert before anything else, although if I have time constraints will have to go to advanced. The difference to me is a real bore fest though.

Me, Hippo (Euology), Ruddles and Motorhead (hopefully recognisable to the old L4D OcUK crew) played the first campaign last night on Expert as previously mentioned by Hippo.

Took us 1hr45mins. Only 3 restarts total, one at the end of the second level (gunshop) and it turns out that we died 100 yards from the damn safe house door!

The other two were on the finale, nailing it third time and it was the most fun I've had in a long time. The climax/anticipation/fun was so intense I could feel my legs stamping up and down beneath my desk!!! Such great fun and felt buzzed after doing it as it was pretty damn close!!

It helped that two of us hadn't even played the campaign before we started, let alone on expert too!

Essentially, after all my waffling, this game is ****ing awesome! Hells Yeah!

Looking to get an Expert Carnival in tonight probably around 7:30/8pm. Applicants please step up, noobs need not apply :p

Soldato
Right, I just cannot figure out how to get connected to an ocuk server lobby. My console isnt working in a lobby so cant use 'sv_search_key'. I can connect to the servers fine enough through the steam group but theres nobody in the games exept me and bots.

I'm not ashamed to admit I haven't got a clue what I'm doing here so if someone could tell me exactly what I need to do, to connect to an ocuk server lobby with real actual ocuk people in it, it would be much appreciated!

Soldato
Right, I just cannot figure out how to get connected to an ocuk server lobby. My console isnt working in a lobby so cant use 'sv_search_key'. I can connect to the servers fine enough through the steam group but theres nobody in the games exept me and bots.

Ah yeah I had this problem last night. It's a game issue as no one I was with could do it either, even with the console enabled.

Essentially, before you click "Start Campaign" and do all the game settings, use the console there and enter in the search Key. The key will be set on your game settings so as long as you are the lobby leader it should follow through to the lobby and connect to the OcUK servers.

Ideally you need a lobby of you and 3/7 friends depending on your game mode to connect when you click "Start Game".

Think thats about it!

Soldato
Spoiler................

OMG!! Just played Hard Rain; all the way to the end of map, looked for the "start rescue" switch and realised i have to go all the way back!!

Got back to the start, started the rescue, killed 2 x tanks and wife starts hoovering upstairs and my connection drops...................!!!!!

All that work :(

Last edited:
Soldato
I was in a game yesterday morning, and someone was getting very angry and irate at people for not quite knowing where to go... He was shouting various things including calling everyone "******** noobs"...

Found it kind of funny calling people noobs on a game that had been out for a few hours :)

Soldato
Anyone fancy getting together on Friday night after 9pm to tackle a couple of campaigns.

I'm not gonna get to give the game a proper go until then and most people on here will probably be onto versus games by then.

People with headsets would be preferable so we can talk rubbish...erm, I mean tactics.

Caporegime
What does realism mode change/alter?

No halos/outlin es on anythin g including survivors.

if somone gets dragged you gotta find them by thier directions alone.

also zombies take an ass load of bullets (3 to the chest from the autosniper on advanced difficulty) unless you hit them in the head.

Quite funny a zombie with no arms and no lower jaw trying o kill you though :p

Caporegime
Enjoyed the couple of games I had :D

While stealing the modem :D

Thanks for the games (Y) will be back probably around the weekend ! Will see if anyone fancies a game about then :) Some offline single player tonight :o

Soldato
only played 2 campaigns so far, dead centre and dark carnival both of which i loved.

Myself, cat midnight and tobes (pod originally) it was such a laugh and so great to have that omg omg look at this moments again.

First run through dark carnival and we got the gnome achievement quite by mistake, we were muckin about on teh shootin gallery havin a laugh and i threw a mollie in the middle of it which instantly scored loads and the gnome appeared.

I was like, hmmmmm i wonder if we have to carry this to the end lol

Funny thing is we didnt realise we could set it down and then pick it upagain so i just carried the wee git from that level to teh end without firing a shot lol.

That rollercoaster crescendo looks like it will be smoker paradise in versus.

Also loved the shoppin mall level, just seems to me like its clear why l4d didnt get much extra content over the last year, lookin at l4d2 i can see where their time has been going and im lovin the scale of the new maps.

Hopin to try the other campaigns tonight :D

Prob wont have a look at versus until the weekend

EDIT . . oh yeah and the even where you have to take the guy his bottles of coke was hilarious :p

Associate
The Carnival is so stupidly good (the finale is especially enjoyable), but wow it's difficult. I think it's mainly because of all the fannying around on the whack a mole while hordes rape us :p

Dude, last night played this expert. Every damn 30 seconds almost! It was a buzz but bloody constant. Althought the hordes felt a little smaller on average, getting dispatched relativley easy.

Hippo played earlier in the day on advanced and he said it was the same thing. Those maps (to me) were a little more boring in than others in the campaign...perhaps this has been added in to keep you on your toes and worry less about the not so great map? :D
Yeah, now I know it's just those two maps I'm fine with it. The pacing was really getting on my wick, but if it's campaign sensitive then I guess it makes things a bit more interesting. Kinda tires me out though.

I'm up for the Carny if there is a space, we just finished it on Advanced but I I'd love to finish it on Expert. Just make sure you set aside a few hours ;)

Soldato
Simple things...:D

c2m2_fairgrounds0000.jpg

c2m4_barns0002.jpg

and the Gnome:

c2m3_coaster0001.jpg

Soldato
Anyone know if you can limit the fps in L4D2 ?

With Vsync on I get 60 fps but horrendous mouse lag even with the triple buffering enabled. GTX 295 maxes on about 77 C.
With Vsync off I get 250+ fps, no input lag but GTX 295 hit 88 C.

The source fps_max or max_fps command does not seems to be there :confused:

Soldato
Posting this on behalf on my cousin:

His game is crashing to desktop after a few minutes of playing. He's updated video drivers to the latest nvidia (8800gts, vista sp2) but its still happening.

Anyone else experiencing issues?

Soldato
Anyone know if you can limit the fps in L4D2 ?

With Vsync on I get 60 fps but horrendous mouse lag even with the triple buffering enabled. GTX 295 maxes on about 77 C.
With Vsync off I get 250+ fps, no input lag but GTX 295 hit 88 C.

The source fps_max or max_fps command does not seems to be there :confused:
No you can't.

Back
Top Bottom