**Official MSI Z77 Mpower Discussion Thread**

So I got the OC button to work ya for me :)

I have 2400 ram so I set it to 1.60v then pressed the OC button and I got 4.2.
BUT I have noticed the ram volts are 1.68v so I put it all back to defaults, is 1.68v to much?

I did try the XMP profile with the volts set at 1.60 but it did the same.

I think when your 50+ yoa like me we should only get an Xbox :D

Hi I've overckocked with oc setup now at 4.2 on cpu but my corsair platinum 1600MHZ is showing at 1333 with voltage of 1.5055v should it not be higher if so how do I do this

Cheers

Compatible RAM ?

Hi there guys . I'm looking at upgrading my ram next week , from 8gb Corsair venegeance jet black , to either 16gb Mushkin enhanced blackline , or the silverline . Are they both compatible ? I can't help thinking that I have read forum posts about Mushkin ram being a bit tricky for some boards ? I'm not 100% sure that it was to do with the MPower board , it maybe the Gigabyte Z77 range ? Can anyone please help me to figure out if I remember rightly . Or maybe it's all in my head. Please mark as solved . I had a blonde moment when checking their site and missed the 1 choice of Mushkin .

Last edited:
Just setting this board up now. Loving the BIOS (although a bit saddened there's no way to disable Num Lock from automatically switching on...)

Quick question: Do I want to run SATA Mode in 'AHCI' or Disabled?

I am having a nightmare with my RAM right now. I had 8GB (2 x 4GB) of Corsair Vengeance 1600 running fine. I then added a set of dual channel Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) LP 1600 RAM. The timings, voltage and everything else is identical but the size. However, XMP is now greyed out and whenever I try to change the speed in Windows the clocks reverts to 11 - 11 - 11 - 27 I think.

What do I need to do to have it stay at the recommended timings?

Well using CPU-Z it has told me that all 4 sticks are capable of 9-9-9-24, tRC 41, Command Rate 2T and Voltage 1.5v.

But when in the BIOS I see that they are set to 9-9-9-24 but the other info like tRC I don't see.

EDIT: Sorted. I downloaded the BIOS application from MSI and enabled XMP from there. It wouldn't allow me to enable it from the BIOS on boot as it was greyed out. Weird one but working now.

Last edited:
As I say try AIDA64. I get this

Field Value
Memory Module Properties
Module Name Averix MSI Z77 MPOWER
Serial Number None
Module Size 4 GB (2 ranks, 8 banks)
Module Type Unbuffered DIMM
Memory Type DDR3 SDRAM
Memory Speed DDR3-1600 (800 MHz)
Module Width 64 bit
Module Voltage 1.5 V
Error Detection Method None
DRAM Manufacturer Averix

Extreme Memory Profile v1.3
Profile Name Enthusiast (Certified)
Memory Speed DDR3-2400 (1200 MHz)
Voltage 1.65 V
@ 1200 MHz 10-12-12-31.

I'm still learning this mobo and it take sometime for me to know the ins and outs.

On the right hand side of MSI control centre there is a pull out..try that.

Last edited:
this board wont run 2 separate sets of dual channel memory at the same time...it needs to be 1 set of matched dual channel memory...I had the same problem with 2 sets of crucial ballistix sport and it would not run in dual channel at correct speeds...i changed to 2 sticks and it was fine...hope this helps....dont know if a quad channel set would work ok seeing as they are all matched.

this board wont run 2 separate sets of dual channel memory at the same time...it needs to be 1 set of matched dual channel memory...I had the same problem with 2 sets of crucial ballistix sport and it would not run in dual channel at correct speeds...i changed to 2 sticks and it was fine...hope this helps....dont know if a quad channel set would work ok seeing as they are all matched.

That isn't very good then.

I did manage to get them running at the same speeds as said above using the Click Bios application but soon as I restarted later they went back to defaults :/

Manually set the timings then. This will get it working of a fashion. What your doing here is in effect trying to get two sets of RAM with different programmed sub timings to work together. Yes on the face of it the sticks are same looking at default main timings but they are probably very different under the hood. May even be different IC. This is not an MSI fault its the same on any board. Its the differing sets of RAM that is the problem.

Manually set the timings then. This will get it working of a fashion. What your doing here is in effect trying to get two sets of RAM with different programmed sub timings to work together. Yes on the face of it the sticks are same looking at default main timings but they are probably very different under the hood. May even be different IC. This is not an MSI fault its the same on any board. Its the differing sets of RAM that is the problem.

If I was to buy another set of LP ram how would that work out for me? Would that give me my desired results?

Back
Top Bottom