*** Official Prey (2017) Thread ***

Soldato
Is anyone else having performance issues with this game, it can run a super smooth, but rapid movement can turn things stuttery!

I'm not sure if it's down to the latest prey update or the fact I'm in the arboretum or something else

4790k, gtx1070 8gb, 16gb, 500gbssd. 1920x1080.

I'm not sure if it's Windows creator update that's responsible either, but it's spoiling the game :(

Mick

My first 25 hours where completely smooth but I did notice last night for the first time some very quick micro stutters when turning quickly - however, this also happened just after I noticed there was a FOV slider in the graphics options and had increased this up to 120 so I'm not sure if it's related to that or just coincidence. I haven't tried putting it back to default again yet to see if that sorts it...

Associate
I have had issues like that (970 SLI). Quickly turning seems to blur and microstutter even though the framerate is still quite high,albeit less than it normally runs at. The arboretum was the first place I noticed it, but have since seen it in other areas as well. It seems to me like when I first enter an area it is fine, but after I have been there a while it then starts again. It happened in Cargo Bay last night and that is not even a particularly big or detailed area????

Associate
Is anyone else having performance issues with this game, it can run a super smooth, but rapid movement can turn things stuttery!

I'm not sure if it's down to the latest prey update or the fact I'm in the arboretum or something else

4790k, gtx1070 8gb, 16gb, 500gbssd. 1920x1080.

I'm not sure if it's Windows creator update that's responsible either, but it's spoiling the game :(

Mick

I have pretty much the same spec, and the game was pretty much flawless throughout. I have the creator's update installed also.

Caporegime
When I played it, performance was superb on my 290, i5 750 4GHz @ 2560x1080 on windows 10 (no creators update) although shadows, light shafts/rays and other stuff was missing (one of the reasons why I haven't played any more of the game)

nearly finished the main story, but got the corrupted save files message again!!
kicked me right back near the beginning.
not going to start it again, I thought the patch had fixed this?

*sigh*

Guess the wait goes on, no doubt like other PC games, it will be fixed within another month or 2 and then it will be working as it should have from day 1 ;)

Associate
About 3 or 4 hours in to this and really really enjoying it,

Strange graphics though, even with everything on full it was very blurred? Had to use reshade in the end to crisp up the image ... sooo much better.

Associate
Just finished this game - really enjoyed it. The graphics taht seemed last generation blurred into insiginficance once the narrative and engagement of the game took over. First time in a while I have wanted to get back and finish the next level of a game!!

Soldato
Did anyone find an alternate way of opening the moon door to retrieve the satellite communication device in the hardware labs for the 'Mixed Signals' quest? The only obvious way is to repair the console but that requires Repair Level 3 and I don't want to spend 8 neuromods to get that...

Soldato
Finally completed this last night after 56 hours. I did a hard mode, no typhoon mods run. I explored and did everything I could, but still feel as though it warrants a second playthough. I really liked the mind bending post credits ending. For me, it was totally unexpected. Best game of the year so far.

Soldato
Finally completed this last night after 56 hours. I did a hard mode, no typhoon mods run. I explored and did everything I could, but still feel as though it warrants a second playthough. I really liked the mind bending post credits ending. For me, it was totally unexpected. Best game of the year so far.

You definitely need to play it again if you didn't use the typhoon mods - that's a big chunk of gameplay you missed out on right there. I know the game kind of encourages it with the warning it gives about using them but in relation to the turrets, these are no threat at all as you can hit them with your glu gun before they even detect you and then whack them with the spanner. In saying that - I haven't got to the end of the game yet so I don't know if not using the typhoon mods has any bearing on the ending you get or not...

Soldato
It is a great game. Can't understand what some of the reviewers beef with it is to be honest. Apparently the combat isn't that great but I really enjoyed it and it's not supposed to be straight FPS anyway - combat is only a small element of the game, it's the exploration, looting, crafting and story that make it the great game it is. There's also a lot of game for the money and significant replayability with the options to play with or avoid using alien powers. Just get it already. :)

Soldato
5 hours, in, so far been sent here, there(last task ultimately for zero reason:() and back again with not much happening apart from the odd robot/alien to kill, tbh, retracing steps does my head in, does it get any better or is it like that all the way through?

Soldato
5 hours, in, so far been sent here, there(last task ultimately for zero reason:() and back again with not much happening apart from the odd robot/alien to kill, tbh, retracing steps does my head in, does it get any better or is it like that all the way through?
Does get better once you get past the what the hell is going on stage and a few more areas open up

Back
Top Bottom