• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official Ryzen Owners Thread ***

Associate
Sorry, thread is a lot bigger since last I was here! Anyone with the B350 Tomahawk/R5 1600 combination? Just wondering about stability, overclocks, temps etc?

Well I just put together one with a 1700, ran it on the stock cooler np at 3.8ghz ghetto oc settings for a few days until the new cooler turned up today. There's a beta bios out with the new ram timings, mine booted straight in at ddr4 3333 on some gskill 3600c16 ram. stock cooler is very good. 3.8 /3.9 you can run it 24/7 np and its very quiet. you dont really need exotic cooling unless you want to chase them last couple of 100 megahertz. not sure if the stock cooler for the 1600 is the same as the 1700 though?

It seems stable, cinebench score for me on 1700 is 1698 first try, ran ibt with the avx and passed it all. havent had a chance to tune it yet though. played some games, stable, no crashes, I think it has a lot more legs in it!

Soldato
Finally got all 4 sticks of ram running at the correct speed a few days ago. Prime blend, OCCT, IBT, Memtest and Cinebench are all happy........................so am i :)

Ryzen.jpg

Caporegime
Well I just put together one with a 1700, ran it on the stock cooler np at 3.8ghz ghetto oc settings for a few days until the new cooler turned up today. There's a beta bios out with the new ram timings, mine booted straight in at ddr4 3333 on some gskill 3600c16 ram. stock cooler is very good. 3.8 /3.9 you can run it 24/7 np and its very quiet. you dont really need exotic cooling unless you want to chase them last couple of 100 megahertz. not sure if the stock cooler for the 1600 is the same as the 1700 though?

It seems stable, cinebench score for me on 1700 is 1698 first try, ran ibt with the avx and passed it all. havent had a chance to tune it yet though. played some games, stable, no crashes, I think it has a lot more legs in it!

I didn't ask but thats helped me in my choices, i was looking at the Tomahawk myself but with it being one of the first Ryzen boards i wasn't too sure, for another £20 i was also looking at this freshly release Asus https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus...ocket-am4-ddr4-atx-motherboard-mb-69v-as.html thinking with that being launched after Ryzen it might be more compatible at the hardware level.

But if you're running stable with 3.3Ghz RAM then i'm more than happy to save myself £20 and get the Tomahawk.

Whats the product code of that RAM? please :)

In fact anyone who is able to run 3Ghz + RAM, what is it?

Soldato
I didn't ask but thats helped me in my choices, i was looking at the Tomahawk myself but with it being one of the first Ryzen boards i wasn't too sure, for another £20 i was also looking at this freshly release Asus https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus...ocket-am4-ddr4-atx-motherboard-mb-69v-as.html thinking with that being launched after Ryzen it might be more compatible at the hardware level.

But if you're running stable with 3.3Ghz RAM then i'm more than happy to save myself £20 and get the Tomahawk.

The 3466MHz Corsair LPX kit's that I had were best, especially in the ASRock K4 Fatal1ty B350, not so much in the Asus Prime Pro. I've not tried the MSI one yet, it's on my short list for the R3 builds however.

Soldato

I have 16gb corsair led 3200mhz running fine, It didn't like it at first but after a reboot all good now

Soldato
Ah that explains why you want to change then!
You had me wondering lol. You should have a better speeds than you have now.
My corsair 3000mhz hynix is only stable below 2400, yet bdie gskill is upto 3466 :)

Fingers crossed then, the Gskill I've ordered are 3600mhz Samsung B-die.

Back
Top Bottom