• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official Ryzen Owners Thread ***

HeX

HeX

Soldato
It's months since release now, and it's all still a bit dodgy.

Well, unless you run stock. But who does that?

There just always seems to be something. You think you got it running well, then you find some new issue.

Or, you'd probably be fine if you oced and only stability tested with a few runs of cinebench... I have seen some do that.

I have never struggled with a system as much as this in my life. With each new bios there's this tease of things moving forward - and then it falls flat somewhere.

Haven't had that experience at all, built my system booted straight up, windows installed, straight to 3.6 on stock volts, then went straight for 4GHz, didn't like it, dialed it back to 3.9. Solid as a rock since. Ran hours of Prime/games/occt etc.

I've said this before, but the only major quirk of Ryzen at the moment is memory compatibility, which with the imminent new AGESA update looks to be getting sorted, or at least greatly improved.

Soldato
HCI memtest64 pro.

Just makes me realise that those black screens I was getting in occt were likely ram related, not cpu oc related.

Think it may be something to do with these new bios.

Just one thing after another. Before long, I have to stop ******* about with this bs. Will be jobless from Friday, so my time before long on the computer will be getting my head back in game for certain programming.

Want this ******* system stable now.

If I remember right, you have already tested this memory and passed ok on previous an earlier bios?

Soldato
If I remember right, you have already tested this memory and passed ok on previous an earlier bios?
Yeah, been able to do hours of HCI or pass couple hours occt previously.

So, yes, will likely need to go back to an old bios again.

At least there is one other on oc.net with exactly same issue also on 64gb

Associate
I finally had a bit of free time to put my new kit together and have a play. It's just setup outside the case on my desk for now as I need to remove the old aio and give the case a clean, but have it running and windows / office etc installed on a new SSD. MSI B350 Tomahawk Arctic, 960 evo SSD, 1700, g.skill 3600C16 2x8GB ddr4, stock cooler. I have a new 240mm aio to go in the case later.

I put the new BETA bios on last night, set the ram to DDR3333 @ 1,35v, cpu to 3.8, LLC to mode 2, vcore to 1.375 , SoC volts to 1.0 and it booted straight into windows! ran cinebench and got just shy of 1700 score, which seems about right for that clock. DDR4 3433 or DDR4 3600 was no go but might be possible if I set the timings manually.

All in all very pleased and looking forward to getting it in the case with the new aio to hae a proper play.

Associate
u1BUo

Got the new bits in, total budget upgrade and still need to upgrade the gpu but waiting on vega. Now the new AIO is in ill try and find the best clocks when I get time. seems stable with a ghetto OC of3.8ghz, the ram at ddr3333 C16, 1700, msi tomahawk arctic, arctic freezer 240, 960 evo ssd. 700 quid including the ssd. cinebench is just shy of 1700 points multi. I reckon I can push it further once I get some time to play but busy with work at the mo.

Back
Top Bottom