• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official Ryzen Owners Thread ***

Associate
I didn't ask but thats helped me in my choices, i was looking at the Tomahawk myself but with it being one of the first Ryzen boards i wasn't too sure, for another £20 i was also looking at this freshly release Asus https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus...ocket-am4-ddr4-atx-motherboard-mb-69v-as.html thinking with that being launched after Ryzen it might be more compatible at the hardware level.

But if you're running stable with 3.3Ghz RAM then i'm more than happy to save myself £20 and get the Tomahawk.

Whats the product code of that RAM? please :)

In fact anyone who is able to run 3Ghz + RAM, what is it?

The ram sticks i have are G.Skill Trident Z F4-3600C16D-16GTZ

I managed to get windows 10 to boot at 3600 tonight but didnt pass 10 runs of IBT maximum so still needs some work. Its passing 10 runs at DDR4 3333 though with 1.375v on the core and 1.1 SoC volts at 3.9ghz. This is on the Tomahawk arctic, running the new BETA bios with the new ram options, I just chose 3333 from the drop down and changed the ram voltage to 1.35. I might not need as much SoC but def need that much core volts to get it stable.

it also runs rock solid on this ram kit at DDR3200 with 14,14,14,14 timings. I get a better cinebench result at DDR4 3333C16 though. Its 1698 on 3200C14 and 1730 on DDR3333C16.

Also using a cheap Arctic freezer 240 AIO and this thing is a monster!!!! for like 60 quid when you convert the cost over from DKK this cooler is getting max temps of 65.5c running IBT for 10 runs on max with a 3.9 overclock. I could prob push to 4ghz on it as the temps are so good but I had a quick test and managed to get it running at 1.278v for 3.8 so might stick with that for now.

I'm having a blast tinkering with this thing though. Really great value for money and the B350 boards are a good buy if you dont need all the bells and whissles of the X370.

Caporegime
The ram sticks i have are G.Skill Trident Z F4-3600C16D-16GTZ

I managed to get windows 10 to boot at 3600 tonight but didnt pass 10 runs of IBT maximum so still needs some work. Its passing 10 runs at DDR4 3333 though with 1.375v on the core and 1.1 SoC volts at 3.9ghz. This is on the Tomahawk arctic, running the new BETA bios with the new ram options, I just chose 3333 from the drop down and changed the ram voltage to 1.35. I might not need as much SoC but def need that much core volts to get it stable.

it also runs rock solid on this ram kit at DDR3200 with 14,14,14,14 timings. I get a better cinebench result at DDR4 3333C16 though. Its 1698 on 3200C14 and 1730 on DDR3333C16.

Also using a cheap Arctic freezer 240 AIO and this thing is a monster!!!! for like 60 quid when you convert the cost over from DKK this cooler is getting max temps of 65.5c running IBT for 10 runs on max with a 3.9 overclock. I could prob push to 4ghz on it as the temps are so good but I had a quick test and managed to get it running at 1.278v for 3.8 so might stick with that for now.

I'm having a blast tinkering with this thing though. Really great value for money and the B350 boards are a good buy if you dont need all the bells and whissles of the X370.

Associate
Running the latest beta bios 1006 on my Gigabyte x370 g5 and still can't get my Corsair ram to be stable @ 3200

Really regret going away from Intel now, I just want a stable system :(

I set CR to 2T but all monitor programs still read 1T ?

This is my stable setting.

Last edited:
Soldato
Running the latest beta bios 1006 on my Gigabyte x370 g5 and still can't get my Corsair ram to be stable @ 3200

I think they key may be in the term 'Beta' BIOS.

Stop stressing, just set your RAM speed lower, and wait till it's sorted. :)

Soldato
The beta has other issues too, I was able to do 3200 now via xmp. Cant set an over clock of 3.9 like I had without it MEM learning every boot. Also the fans just ramp up without the cpu been even stressed.

Gone back to F3 @ 2933 mem, 3.9 OC. It's stable so maybe not worth messing for a slight increase in mem speed.

Shame to hear of your issues jazzy, Cant say stability has been a problem for me. Just not able to set mem @ 3200.

Edit, Just to point out am on a k7

Last edited:
Soldato

It can get infuriating.

I think I may finally be there with mine.

To be fair, it's been a fairly solid platform when running stock.

It's a pity it's taking them so long to get memory support in line.

And Asus bios in general are very flaky right now.

Soldato
Soooo, now that I am on verge of being 'stable', what benchmarks are people using to actually verify performance is where it should be?

I know there is aida64 ram and cache benchmark, which had been useful for comparison with other people on oc.net

And cinebench.

Anything else?

Soldato
Soooo, now that I am on verge of being 'stable', what benchmarks are people using to actually verify performance is where it should be?

I know there is aida64 ram and cache benchmark, which had been useful for comparison with other people on oc.net

And cinebench.

Anything else?

Sounds daft but try streaming via CPU, Stresses the cpu/mem ect for sometime. Often thought a oc was stable untill I try streaming/recording a game

Caporegime
X99 had memory issues.

This is a brand new platform for a brand new CPU, at least x99 was never wildly different from anythother platform, Ryzen is like nothing that exists, its a blank slate, AMD have to and are going round all Memory vendors to get memory compatibility upto snuff.

It is working, when launched no one could get over 2400 - 2667Mhz, now 3000Mhz is common with some getting speeds as high at 3800Mhz.

Plenty of reviews show 3000 to 3200Mhz memory closes the gap with SkyLake in games sometimes even going from behind to ahead of the 7700K, so if you're getting 3Ghz memory anything much over that now is bonus performance :)

Soldato
Because an Intel platform has never had overclocking issues nearly three months after launch :p

X99 still has its problems even now :p
A lot of problems we see are down to the person behind the keyboard. We have been spoiled by intel with how easy overclocking is and now because people aren't used to having to spend hours tweaking and testing they cry its a load of crap.
I was one of these until I unplugged my ethernet cable, shut the door and got down and dirty with it.

Last edited:
Associate
X99 still has its problems even now :p
A lot of problems we see are down to the person behind the keyboard. We have been spoiled by intel with how easy overclocking is and now because people aren't used to having to spend hours tweaking and testing they cry its a load of crap.
I was one of these until I unplugged my ethernet cable, shut the door and got down and dirty with it.

thumbs up, made me chuckle :)

This Ryzen build iv'e made is like going back to my roots! Tinkering again, waiting on a new bios etc. It's rock solid right now at 3.8ghz with DDR4 3333C16 so I can actually use it and when I do it's everything I wanted it to be. It just feels like theres a lot more under the hood I can unleash!

Soldato
After just over a month of a perfectly stable system with 3200 RAM running rock solid without a single crash or issue my 1600X and Gigabyte B350 Gaming goes back ocuk tomorrow because it went into a crazy boot loop and then eventually just failed to boot at all, pretty sure its the motherboard that's failed but we'll see

mean while, no PC :(

Caporegime
After just over a month of a perfectly stable system with 3200 RAM running rock solid without a single crash or issue my 1600X and Gigabyte B350 Gaming goes back ocuk tomorrow because it went into a crazy boot loop and then eventually just failed to boot at all, pretty sure its the motherboard that's failed but we'll see

mean while, no PC :(

Could just be an unstable BIOS, Disconnect it from power and take out the battery for 2 or 3 hours...

Soldato
I've done it mate, spent hours troubleshooting it Inc reflashing the bios. It was was weird, I could get it to boot with one stick on the first day, then the next day it wouldn't post at all, like it was slowly dying

Back
Top Bottom