• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official Ryzen Owners Thread ***

Soldato
I mean look at that, they are pretending different ram from different vendors running at different speeds are all the same in performance results, of course every noob knows they are not, especially not when it comes to Ryzen.

The reviews and numbers from March/April also they do not have Windows & Bios updates. Even if they use the same 2400Mhz ram to run the tests today, the results will be better.

Soldato
so I've just turned on my ryzen r5 1600 build and it's gotten to the desktop ok - nothing's blown up or died......yet.

I see people talking about ryzen power plans etc. where do I go to download those (windows seemed to install a few bits and pieces - os drive came out of an intel build) or where do I look for that? and anything else I need to download to check all is running as it should - only running stock at the minute so not needing any stress testing tools just yet

Associate
so I've just turned on my ryzen r5 1600 build and it's gotten to the desktop ok - nothing's blown up or died......yet.

I see people talking about ryzen power plans etc. where do I go to download those (windows seemed to install a few bits and pieces - os drive came out of an intel build) or where do I look for that? and anything else I need to download to check all is running as it should - only running stock at the minute so not needing any stress testing tools just yet

From the AMD Gaming blog, it's now part of the AMD chipset drivers. Google those and the power plan comes with it. Just installed them myself.

Soldato

https://community.amd.com/community/gaming/blog/2017/04/06/amd-ryzen-community-update-3

Or else you go to the Windows power options and set everything to maximum which is better imho :)

Soldato
From the AMD Gaming blog, it's now part of the AMD chipset drivers. Google those and the power plan comes with it. Just installed them myself.

https://community.amd.com/community/gaming/blog/2017/04/06/amd-ryzen-community-update-3

Or else you go to the Windows power options and set everything to maximum which is better imho :)

cheers chaps. question though, don't loaded the chipset drivers from the link above but still can't find the ryzen power plan option in windows?!

Soldato
Stumble on this great video today. AMD with AGESA 1006, has activated some pretty cool features related to virtualisation. (and working towards some drivers fixing to allow much better IO performance).

In basic lines. Allows to run a Win 10 virtual machine (aka boot your current windows drive as VM without doing any other changes) from Linux, passing through to it direct access of all hardware (more or less) you need.
And if you have AMD graphic card, you have direct access to it also, for gaming. So everything will be runningclose to the same perf as native.
Unfortunately Nvidia owners cannot do that, because the driver when sees virtualisation usage, returns an error code and crashes.

Soldato
for anyone using a gigabyte motherboard (stock) check your vcore mine out the box was 1.5V and 1.490V stock... pretty shocking...

its now 1.116V

Nope, 1.234 here @ stock on auto
1.380v @ 3.9 on auto

Seriously Smogsy, sounds as you have a bugged board/bios going on the issues you have in the other thread + this high voltage @ stock

Edit:
@Panos

Sure either me or someone had posted that a while back

Associate
cheers chaps. question though, don't loaded the chipset drivers from the link above but still can't find the ryzen power plan option in windows?!

Should be there. Did you reboot ?
Also many tools are reporting the wrong voltages and temps. I'm using hwinfo64 which I believe gives correct data.

Soldato
Nope, 1.234 here @ stock on auto
1.380v @ 3.9 on auto

Seriously Smogsy, sounds as you have a bugged board/bios going on the issues you have in the other thread + this high voltage @ stock

Edit:
@Panos

Sure either me or someone had posted that a while back
it was 1.268V in games /idle but if you monitored it over long peroids at 100% load (was rendering it slowly creeped to 1.5V

Soldato
That's what it's meant to do. The 1.5V will be when it's boosting on a single thread for short periods of time.
my point is its not a short period of time it stays their as long as i'm at 100% on all cores. highest i've seen was 1.568V

using an offset at 100% im now at 1.41v

Ste

Ste

Soldato
My RAM finally seems to have settled down. Not had any F9 bootloops for a while and got 4000% HCI stable.

14-14-14-32 (seems 30 was causing restarts)
1.4v / 1.175v / 68 ohm
2T, GDMD

Going to work on the seconds at some point for will probably leave it for a while now.

Back
Top Bottom