• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official Ryzen Owners Thread ***

Soldato
Morning All,

Now a proud owner for a 1600 Ryzen. Built my system up yesterday, currently running @ 3.8ghz and 3200mhz ram.

Question is...how do my Cinebench scores look at this level? Also anyway I can squeeze anymore out of it using stock fans?

As you can see almost double the speeds compared to my old 8350...would be great to get my score closer to 1200 making it pretty much double!

741Lhpe.png

Soldato
R5 1600 can do 1300+

I'll do a run on my test rig when I get a chance today, but pretty sure it was higher than that at 3.8GHz. :)

What do you think could be causing the lower scores? Too much volts, not enough volts? A bit more tweaking in bios?

To overclock I literally adjusted the voltage to +0.098 I think and wacked the CPU clock to 3800.

Thanks

Soldato
OK cleared the CMOS, back to 12 threads now...changed the clock to 3.7ghz and got this score. I think The 3.8ghz was being throttled. Although not 1200+ still better:

d3G2Iou.png

Soldato
I ran about a dozen tests at different speeds for you to compare to.

e4ChCFW.jpg

Thanks for that, just put everything back to standard bar the XMP.

Ryzen @ 3.2ghz gave me a score of 1137 which is on par with your standard.

For some reason mine seems bugged if I try to overclock any more. Not going to bother tinkering too much...happy with the jump from the AMD 8350. Not going to sweat to gain another 98 points on cinebench!

Back
Top Bottom