• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official Ryzen Owners Thread ***

Ste

Ste

Soldato
That’s really odd then.

Just to check when you unplugged did you remove the 8 pin and 4 pin cables from the board? There is residual juice in the PSU so it’s a necessary step. I had issues with my gigabyte board (soft brick) cleared this way.

My process was

Power down, PSU off
Pull power cables from board
Battery out
Short CMOS pins for 60 seconds
Wait 10 mins
Short CMOS pins again
Battery in
Power back to board
PSU on
Boot

Sounds convoluted but did work

After that it’s RMA time :(

Associate
That’s really odd then.

Just to check when you unplugged did you remove the 8 pin and 4 pin cables from the board? There is residual juice in the PSU so it’s a necessary step. I had issues with my gigabyte board (soft brick) cleared this way.

My process was

Power down, PSU off
Pull power cables from board
Battery out
Short CMOS pins for 60 seconds
Wait 10 mins
Short CMOS pins again
Battery in
Power back to board
PSU on
Boot

Sounds convoluted but did work

After that it’s RMA time :(
I will give this a try thanks ste

Tried fans still come on no boot up or power showing on keyboard and mouse

Last edited:
Soldato
Is it worth taking motherboard out case and booting up separate to make sure it’s not shorting on cass
If you tried everything else, yes. Might be worth reseating the CPU as well.

Got my replacement board back (Gigabyte K7) over the weekend and my Ryzen system is now running again. However, I now noticed one odd thing after updating the BIOS to F7a - trying to install Windows via UEFI hangs at the blue screen then turns off after half an hour or so. Also, when using Rufus to do a bootable USB that can do both UEFI and legacy, the boot options can only see the legacy option. So decided just to install Windows via the old legacy method and that worked without any issues. Am I going to be missing anything not having a UEFI install? Boot times is still faster than the F4 BIOS + UEFI.

Back
Top Bottom